UFC 223 - Ferguson vs. Nurmagomedov

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know how the UFC can't be incredibly embarrassed at this point. Completely desperate.

This card is gonna cause Draftkings to say "fuck MMA" too with all the cancellations and switching.

added:Magomedshapirov by sub, Lauzon by sub, both seem like most likely outcome, but risky

right now, my guess is that anthony pettis feels like a complete idiot. if he played it right he probaby couldve gotten a three fight incentive-laden contract out of the ufc and now how it stands hes probably out of teh ufc in a very short time

someone shouldve told him that his highlight reel kick on benson was almost five years ago.

right now, my guess is that anthony pettis feels like a complete idiot. if he played it right he probaby couldve gotten a three fight incentive-laden contract out of the ufc and now how it stands hes probably out of teh ufc in a very short time

someone shouldve told him that his highlight reel kick on benson was almost five years ago.

You ever consider becoming a manager for fighters? Assuming they would be lining up for your services given your clear expertise in contract negotiations.

I doubt it, they probably offered him a deal he didn't want.

I don't know what he's on atm but at his stage of career and potential prospects going forward I would have angled for a $500k - $750k and a 3 fight extension @ $250k a fight or something.

He's (probably) never going to be a world title challenger ever again so his opportunity to make that big money was this or nothing.

Haha, I was so hyped for this card and it’s all gone now. I’ll guess I’ll watch the two top fights though...

Lol @ the UFC. Better get someone to feed to Khabib so you can still charge 65$ for a PPV. I buy every card and now I'm really struggling on pulling the trigger for this one.

Lol @ the UFC. Better get someone to feed to Khabib so you can still charge 65$ for a PPV. I buy every card and now I'm really struggling on pulling the trigger for this one.

I can't fathom buying this card. Out of principle, people should not buy it to show this isn't acceptable . It should be a free card for sure.

I think Al is a tricky match up for Khabib all things considered.

Anyone else thinking Iaquinta might be a better matchup than Holloway would've been in his current state since he's had a full camp and is a 155er? Also a better shot at landing a one shot KO

I doubt it, they probably offered him a deal he didn't want.

I don't know what he's on atm but at his stage of career and potential prospects going forward I would have angled for a $500k - $750k and a 3 fight extension @ $250k a fight or something.

He's (probably) never going to be a world title challenger ever again so his opportunity to make that big money was this or nothing.

pettis thought he was jon jones and could negotiate with the ufc. theyre a monopoly since bellator doesnt pay shit and the ufc is the only show in town

whay you suggested wouldve set pettis up nice. take what the ufc offered for khabib, then grab a contract for two or three more fights at three times what bellator would pay

now he has nothing except bellator

just stupid

So... I guess ill be betting on Al now lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back