UFC 226

The problem with Perry is he didnt throw many combinations, He is waiting for a power hook.
I like him as a person but he is overrated as a fighter, Im very confident Felder will win this fight.
Felder has
-great chin
-didnt took so much damage like Perry in his last fights
-he is a big lw so I wont be surprised if he is Perrys size if not bigger
-has much more technical stand up
-he will be much stronger at ww because of the lesser weigh cut (7kg is alot !!!!!)

FELDER IS THE PLAY, Im going to parlay him with ORTEGA and maaaaybe Rountree.
Lmfao @ parlaying 3 dogs. I'll give you $5,000 if that bet wins.

Perrys made a positive canp change going to JW - feel like his split with horsey has spurred him onto wanting to train even harder at a higher level and not stagnate in a bum camp.
I don't reckon Felder will be able to avoid the bomb Perry looks for in every fight. Whilst fundamentally Felder is probably the more finetuned striker, i cant help but notice a combat stiffness with him...

Somebody made a comment about Perrys padwork being too far out, personally dont think that will hold him back at all, youd think he has still been hard sparring trying to elimate that weakness.
Ill be on Perry tko/ko as I believe thats likely how it'll play out, but a sprinkle of Felder dec when props come out will ease me a bit, theres no way Felder finishes Perry imo.

NGannou-Lewis... theres a clear strength, technique and mental grit advantage for NGannou, going 5 rounds against Stipe is impressive on its own, but being totally dominated for 4 of the 5 and still lasting all the way shows some mad toughness.
I believe NGannou learns from that beating he took and becomes a much better fighter for it.
You guys gotta remember Lewis isnt the athlete Stipe is, hes nowhere near as quick or as versatile. Lewis wont get close to taking Francis down leaving him exposed on the feet.
Another highlight reel for NGannou in the 1st or early in the 2nd.

Hope the odds get tighter for Lewis/NGannou because thatll be my biggest play in a long time.

Perrys made a positive canp change going to JW - feel like his split with horsey has spurred him onto wanting to train even harder at a higher level and not stagnate in a bum camp.
I don't reckon Felder will be able to avoid the bomb Perry looks for in every fight. Whilst fundamentally Felder is probably the more finetuned striker, i cant help but notice a combat stiffness with him...

Somebody made a comment about Perrys padwork being too far out, personally dont think that will hold him back at all, youd think he has still been hard sparring trying to elimate that weakness.
Ill be on Perry tko/ko as I believe thats likely how it'll play out, but a sprinkle of Felder dec when props come out will ease me a bit, theres no way Felder finishes Perry imo.

NGannou-Lewis... theres a clear strength, technique and mental grit advantage for NGannou, going 5 rounds against Stipe is impressive on its own, but being totally dominated for 4 of the 5 and still lasting all the way shows some mad toughness.
I believe NGannou learns from that beating he took and becomes a much better fighter for it.
You guys gotta remember Lewis isnt the athlete Stipe is, hes nowhere near as quick or as versatile. Lewis wont get close to taking Francis down leaving him exposed on the feet.

Hope the odds get tighter for Lewis/NGannou because thatll be my biggest play in a long time.

I'm curious how Perry will look spending some time at Jackson Winklejohn albeit he didn't do his full camp there, he finished his camp back in Florida. Spending time at a real camp can only improve his striking because up to this point he is only a brawler.

Perry throws the occasionally jabs or kicks but he looks for one shot kill power hooks without setting them up in a combination. One other poster mentioned that his biggest problem is gauging distance which imo is correct, he comes out short on a lot of his punches especially in the centre of the octagon. Perry does his best work when he has you backed up against the cage where you can only go right/left and he can unload a flurry of right and left hooks or elbow and gauging distance isn't an issue. Felder needs to make sure he isn't backed up against the cage, in the centre of the cage is he okay unless Perry has fixed gauging distance. Felder will use a lot of push kicks to keep Perry from just marching forward.

I agree Perry really only wins by KO and Felder decision for a higher probability and Felder KO smaller probability (something in the clinch). Perry gets rocked/dropped in most fights but hard to put completely out.

I'm curious how Perry will look spending some time at Jackson Winklejohn albeit he didn't do his full camp there, he finished his camp back in Florida. Spending time at a real camp can only improve his striking because up to this point he is only a brawler.

Perry throws the occasionally jabs or kicks but he looks for one shot kill power hooks without setting them up in a combination. One other poster mentioned that his biggest problem is gauging distance which imo is correct, he comes out short on a lot of his punches especially in the centre of the octagon. Perry does his best work when he has you backed up against the cage where you can only go right/left and he can unload a flurry of right and left hooks or elbow and gauging distance isn't an issue. Felder needs to make sure he isn't backed up against the cage, in the centre of the cage is he okay unless Perry has fixed gauging distance. Felder will use a lot of push kicks to keep Perry from just marching forward.

I agree Perry really only wins by KO and Felder decision for a higher probability and Felder KO smaller probability (something in the clinch). Perry gets rocked/dropped in most fights but hard to put completely out.
Whatever happens this is going to be a treat haha. I do hope Perry has improved - would be good for the division to have a brawler fighting a bit smarter.

you sure you wanna parlay three underdogs bruh?
I like their chances to win

Ortega is Ortega and he will find a way to finish Max during the fight

Cormier - Stipe didnt fight a wrestler like Cormier, Im sure he will take Stipe down. He will be much stronger at hw.

Rountree will ko Saki after he gasses out
Gokhan is overrated in mma IMO.
He is much older, his cardio sucks big and his chin is suspious.

Felder will smoke the overrated Perry.

Whatever happens this is going to be a treat haha. I do hope Perry has improved - would be good for the division to have a brawler fighting a bit smarter.

I kind of like Perry, does and says some crazy shit. Him hanging out with Jon Jones is a bad idea lol.

He is 2% black, so he can use the N word and drinking 100 shots of tequila with Jon Jones lol. Crazy shit. Links below.

https://www.google.ca/amp/s/www.mma...es-2-african-so-hes-allowed-to-say-the-n-word

https://www.google.ca/amp/s/mmajunk...ing-like-100-tequila-shots-with-jon-jones/amp

Felder has eaten big shots and never even flinched. Yeah at 155 but I'll still say a head kick from Barboza packs more power than a hook from Perry.

Perry couldn't find the bomb vs a hittable guy like Jouban but you think he not only finds it but puts Felder (who again has never really been hurt) away with it? Good luck man...

Felder has eaten big shots and never even flinched. Yeah at 155 but I'll still say a head kick from Barboza packs more power than a hook from Perry.

Perry couldn't find the bomb vs a hittable guy like Jouban but you think he not only finds it but puts Felder (who again has never really been hurt) away with it? Good luck man...
Felder should be also more durable at ww because of less weight to cut.

give me Felder at dog odds please :D think he smashes Perry

Added to Max -150.

I love T City but I really think he's gonna get carved up here and afterward a lot of people are gonna be saying "How did we not see that coming?"

The Holloway circle jerk is strong. He won't let us down.

Aldo isn't what he was, but I don't think he's fallen THAT far off. Or at least he hadn't before facing Max twice. Esp in the second fight, the way Max systematically destroyed him was a thing of beauty. To me that elevated Max's status from "great championship level fighter" to "potential to be all time greatest FW and legit top 2-3 p4p guy".

Ortega is dangerous, but just doesn't have the overall skill level (or even really close) to what Max has.

Aldo isn't what he was, but I don't think he's fallen THAT far off. Or at least he hadn't before facing Max twice. Esp in the second fight, the way Max systematically destroyed him was a thing of beauty. To me that elevated Max's status from "great championship level fighter" to "potential to be all time greatest FW and legit top 2-3 p4p guy".

Ortega is dangerous, but just doesn't have the overall skill level (or even really close) to what Max has.
It was the footwork that did him in imo. Max likes to attack while angling out so he can blindside his opponent while theyre turning on the spot.

giphy.gif

Whereas dudes like Frankie would commit to their attacks from the front and never catch Aldo when he's turning.

200.gif

I really think Max is going to school Ortega. I don't see how T-city can close the distance for long enough periods to get his hands on Max to catch a sub and Max's has too many weapons and footwork for Ortegas striking.

Also, I'm not saying it happens, BUT! Max has a really good guillotine and has the instinct to go for one when he feels an opportunity. Caught Cub in one (who hasn't though am I right?) and almost got Lamas in one a couple times iirc. I took a tiny tiny tiny stab at Max sub +1415. Hey, it's mma right? Always remember Rose KO opened +1700 and closed +2500...

PemE1A5.gif

Can't pick a side on Ortega/Holloway after Ortega's line dropped from +150 to +130, going to play FDNGTD at -155.

It was the footwork that did him in imo. Max likes to attack while angling out so he can blindside his opponent while theyre turning on the spot.

giphy.gif

Whereas dudes like Frankie would commit to their attacks from the front and never catch Aldo when he's turning.

200.gif

I really think Max is going to school Ortega. I don't see how T-city can close the distance for long enough periods to get his hands on Max to catch a sub and Max's has too many weapons and footwork for Ortegas striking.

Also, I'm not saying it happens, BUT! Max has a really good guillotine and has the instinct to go for one when he feels an opportunity. Caught Cub in one (who hasn't though am I right?) and almost got Lamas in one a couple times iirc. I took a tiny tiny tiny stab at Max sub +1415. Hey, it's mma right? Always remember Rose KO opened +1700 and closed +2500...

PemE1A5.gif

Max sub is unlikely, but I agree it's possible. Have to keep in mind that if Max beats Ortega up for 10 or 15 minutes you could be looking at a battered, bloody guy with no gas left in his tank (Ortega cuts a TON of weight) against a guy with endless cardio. At that point, the bjj edge Ortega has probably means little.

LOL at Burns/Hooker odds

When you're as good as I am, the battle is won before it's fought

Too easy

Back