UFC 228 - Till V Woodley

Yeah but he will only need one takedown then its just laying on top controlling Till for the round, i think he can manage that

Plus Till is a south paw so his lead leg is real close to Woodleys, easy takedown opportunity

Apparently till got thoroughly outgrappled in his first ufc fight against someone called dalby who is some norweigan or danish scrub

Woodley should surely be able to grapple him for a few rounds and gas him while landing some nice ground and pound
The open stance sets up an opportunity for a snatch single. It’s not really any easier. It just presents a different takedown. And I could be wrong but in my estimation Woodley is more of a blast double guy rather than a snatch and chain wrestle guy

I would play Alex White but my concern is his tdd. Miller can sub him.

Woodley is a sprawl and brawl panic wrestler. He never looks comfortable in any sort of grappling exchanges.

He doesn’t have the cardio to rinse and repeat this game plan over 5 rounds so he kind of does what Romero does and fight in bursts.

Twig wonderboy was able to get back up after a woodley takedown and I ha e no doubt till the lhw will be able to stop takedowns and or get back up.

I favor tills length and volume to win this fight.

Hopefully woodley gets cut for all his boring fights and goat talk after till wins

Don't really have a lean on the Till/Woodley fight, think I'll just hope one of them becomes a moderately sized favourite and back whoever is the underdog.

Think it'll be a close fight, both have power and won't have the cardio to push an insane pace. Woodley is the better wrestler obviously but dunno if he'll be able to muscle Till down since Till is probably stronger and as highlighted, Woodley won't have the cardio to force a grappling heavy gameplay.

Both had close fights with Thompson and I expect similar here, a slow methodological fight where they're pot shitting each other and most rounds don't have a clear winner.

Might have a look at the o2.5 for it, Till Dec @ 4.0 could be a shout too. Woodley taking 14+ months off and being 36 now is a concern against someone 11 years younger.

One concern about Till though is it's his first fight in America. His fights in South America were when he lived in Brazil so the whole travel issues weren't there. All his UFC fights other than his debut have been in Europe so it's an easy trip for him. With this US fight, is there any news on when he's travelling over? As well as that, his weight cut is always tough, it makes me wonder how he's going to cope with that on top of tons more promo work during what's likely going to be the hardest cut of his life.

Ohmbet got odds for if Till is going to make championship weight at the first attempt
Yes -167
No +130

With this US fight, is there any news on when he's travelling over? As well as that, his weight cut is always tough, it makes me wonder how he's going to cope with that on top of tons more promo work during what's likely going to be the hardest cut of his life.

His twitter shows that he's been at the performance center in Vegas, and says they're Dallas bound in 5 days.

The open stance sets up an opportunity for a snatch single. It’s not really any easier. It just presents a different takedown. And I could be wrong but in my estimation Woodley is more of a blast double guy rather than a snatch and chain wrestle guy

Grab one then blast through ....

White ends up on his back a lot. I expect Diego to be able to get him down easy enough. Not watch his last 3 r1 losses so no bet yet but it dog or pass .

Woodley media scrum:

Listening to this interview makes me think Woodley comes in with a wrestling based gameplan

Woodley media scrum:

Listening to this interview makes me think Woodley comes in with a wrestling based gameplan

I'm on Till in this fight.

Watching the video, even though Woodley can be boring af to watch especially with a guy with all his god given talents (power, speed and explosiveness), I do respect him because he has a high fight iq and he doesn't give a shit what people think about him, just as long as he holds on to the strap. He would lay on top of you for 5 rounds straight if he could just to collect a win for his show money and win money ($400,000 + $100,000) and then shrug off all the fans booing him.

In the video, he is essentially saying he is looking to wrestle and not playing into Till's strength who he said is a good striker with a good left hand and has good timing. He also acknowledged that Till was a smart fighter and he referenced that Till didn't play into Wonderboy's game to be overaggressive and allow Wonderboy to counter. In another interview, he said he wouldn't fight Usman if Till missed weight because he prepped for a 6'3" southpaw striker and not a switch stance wrestler (Usman).

Hopefully I'm right but I think it's Till's time now and Woodley can't grapple and hold Till down for the majority of the fight without really slowing down. I think Woodley's inactivity (lack of volume) and him backing himself against the cage could be the keys to Till's victory. I'm also interested in the over/unders in this fight because Woodley is not looking to put on an exciting fight and it could be another snoozefest since Till will be looking to stuff takedowns and feinting to draw out Woodley's right hand and vice versa.

Grab one then blast through ....
It’s a different situation though. It’s exactky why Jose Aldo feeds obvious single legs anytime he faces a takedown threat. He avoids getting blasted through and limp legs out. It’s not impossible of course buts it’s certsinly not simple. Otherwise every southpaw would end up taken down non stop.

Damn. If I actually knew for sure Wood will try to win this fight via wrestling I’d lay 20k on Till

I believe that would 100% be the worst gameplan possible. Til is very strong and his counter wrestling and get ups look very strong.

If Wood attempts this gameplan he will be a sitting duck by Rd 3

I'm on Till in this fight.

Watching the video, even though Woodley can be boring af to watch especially with a guy with all his god given talents (power, speed and explosiveness), I do respect him because he has a high fight iq and he doesn't give a shit what people think about him, just as long as he holds on to the strap. He would lay on top of you for 5 rounds straight if he could just to collect a win for his show money and win money ($400,000 + $100,000) and then shrug off all the fans booing him.

In the video, he is essentially saying he is looking to wrestle and not playing into Till's strength who he said is a good striker with a good left hand and has good timing. He also acknowledged that Till was a smart fighter and he referenced that Till didn't play into Wonderboy's game to be overaggressive and allow Wonderboy to counter. In another interview, he said he wouldn't fight Usman if Till missed weight because he prepped for a 6'3" southpaw striker and not a switch stance wrestler (Usman).

Hopefully I'm right but I think it's Till's time now and Woodley can't grapple and hold Till down for the majority of the fight without really slowing down. I think Woodley's inactivity (lack of volume) and him backing himself against the cage could be the keys to Till's victory. I'm also interested in the over/unders in this fight because Woodley is not looking to put on an exciting fight and it could be another snoozefest since Till will be looking to stuff takedowns and feinting to draw out Woodley's right hand and vice versa.

He can say that, but he literally just fought 10 rounds with a karate-based opponent and shot like 2 tds total. If he didn't wrestle WB I wouldn't count on him to wrestle Till. Even if he does Till just has to make him work and then blast him when he gasses.

Shit @SBJJ didn't see your above post before I wrote mine, but I agree 100%

He can say that, but he literally just fought 10 rounds with a karate-based opponent and shot like 2 tds total. If he didn't wrestle WB I wouldn't count on him to wrestle Till. Even if he does Till just has to make him work and then blast him when he gasses.

I don't think he can either but that's his real path to victory.

Wonderboy said after the Till fight, that Till felt like a brick wall, he is just that big and strong and hard to move. What he said stuck with me, people underestimating how big and strong Till is. A lot of it looks like it's in his lower body too. He was probably around 200 pounds come fight time against Wonderboy. I agree it's going to zap a lot of Woodley's energy/cardio going for them. For a guy that cuts a shit load of weight, Till's cardio looks pretty good in general.

I'm on Till, I think he is a really special striker that's hard to takedown or keep down especially for that division.

I don't think he can either but that's his real path to victory.

Wonderboy said after the Till fight, that Till felt like a brick wall, he is just that big and strong and hard to move. What he said stuck with me, people underestimating how big and strong Till is. A lot of it looks like it's in his lower body too. He was probably around 200 pounds come fight time against Wonderboy. I agree it's going to zap a lot of Woodley's energy/cardio going for them. For a guy that cuts a shit load of weight, Till's cardio looks pretty good in general.

I'm on Till, I think he is a really special striker.
Didn't he have do a second weigh in at 178 the day of the fight? Guess it's possible he still gained 20 pounds but seems unlikely

Does anyone like Charles Byrd to add to a parlay?

i just think even though Stewart has got power i feel that would be his only path to victory is by KO. I feel like if it went to decision that Byrd would get the TD's and establish control throughout the fight to win the decision and their is a chance for the Sub as well since Stewart has been prone to the submissions in his last few fights.

What do you guys think?

Does anyone like Charles Byrd to add to a parlay?

i just think even though Stewart has got power i feel that would be his only path to victory is by KO. I feel like if it went to decision that Byrd would get the TD's and establish control throughout the fight to win the decision and their is a chance for the Sub as well since Stewart has been prone to the submissions in his last few fights.

What do you guys think?

I have 4.5u on Byrd at -188. This fight will hit the mat at some point as Stewart doesn't have the footwork to avoid the clinch nor the ability to gameplan without shooting tds and Bryd will sub him. I don't really give stewart the advantage anywhere besides maybe power.

Back