UFC 229: McGregor vs Khabib

I watch next to no live TV, American football a few times a week, if the UFC ran a promo during a MNF or SNF game, it would do wonders, but nahhhh fuck that noise. UFC's marketing shit the bed on promoting this fight.

I believe the UFC is putting a lot of weight in Conor's massive reach on social media to promote the fight organically. They've also been doing media runs on ESPN & interviews with other sports outlets so it's not like they aren't promoting at all.

Although buying a couple 30 second spots during primetime would be great, I'm not sure not doing so is hurting them. Everyone I know of (male & female, casual fans) know that the fight is this weekend. Then again, I'm a millennial so my demographic is much more receptive to a social media blitz.

Not sure how they are doing amongst Gen X & the baby boomers.

Conor may not score enough if he doesn’t get the r1 ko. If he’s been on his back whole rd may need multiple kd to make it up. Good chance of that mind. I’m thinking of leaving 15% neither. Hopefully get an
edge if Conor is over owned, wins and doesn’t make the winning line up. I mass enter but would prob do same as you with 10

Yeah but at his price a rd 2 or even rd 3 KO makes him worth having in there. Gotta remember Conor is the dog so only (I think) $7800. If he scores around 90 pts at that salary you are good with it for sure. And if Conor wins, I'd say it's easily over 50% chance that it's in rd 1 right?

I don't know. UFC nowadays doesn't seem to have much forward thinking. I do think if McGregor wins, we'll see hype kick back up though.
Six fight deal sounds like long term thinking from both. That is worth way more for UFC if Conor has the belt.

Also, might not be that smart to promote heavily a fight that Conor has 50:50 chance of losing ugly. He could be worth more for UFC in future if casuals do not see him getting mauled by a Russian they’ve barely heard of.

Six fight deal sounds like long term thinking from both. That is worth way more for UFC if Conor has the belt.

I don't put any weight in that six fight deal. I'll be shocked if Conor fights six more fights.

Unibet has conor ML +175 in "my offers", also some interesting specials:
IMG_2160.jpg

Anyone on Waterston, imo she keeps it on the feet, Herring won't take/hold her down enough to get home the w
Leaning towards Patrick and Laflare
Thoughts guys?

Does anyone think this Conor/Khabib fight is a LOT less hyped than expected? Everyone was talking about Mayweather/McGregor. It just seems this matchup has fell flat outside of the typical MMA fans. I'm not even sure it's grabbed the casuals near as much as expected.
Yeah, Aldo, Diaz,Alvarez, Mayweather fights were much more hyped.Conor impression got overused

Sergio Pettis tko/ko +1050, dude's hands are looking better every fight, put Joe B on his ass twice in the first round IIRC? Formiga's striking isn't any good, and if Sergio stuffs his shots, he could get tired/reckless and get caught.

Anyone on Waterston, imo she keeps it on the feet, Herring won't take/hold her down enough to get home the w
Thoughts guys?

I actually think Waterson is the one who needs takedowns. Her darting in an out lasted all of 1 minute against Casey until she felt Casey's power. Herrig will continuously walk her down and land the harder shots with her meat and potatoes boxing. I also think KH may end up on bottom from Herrig stuffing a TD.

With you on Patrick and Laflare. I think Patrick smothers Holtzman with relentless tds and grinding. Not quite as easily, but I think LaFlare has success taking Martin down and winning a dec as well.

He had his time, I've game-planed this fight, he's game with kicks, thinks he's a boxer, he hasn't felt power like me, I still think I'm the champ, 10 wins in a row

Kunitskaya rd 3 +1400

Lansberg is going to expend a lot of energy trying to control kunitskaya in the clinch

Kunitskaya looks to have much better cardio. She went 5 rds clinching and wrestling with pa’aluhi and looked like she could’ve went another 5 rds

Lansberg could be completely drained by the 3rd

Kunitskaya could also decide to work takedowns in this match and could get an opportunistic sub

Yana has finishing power in her legs. Watching tape I saw her throw an extremely hard knee from the Thai clinch and a powerful spinning back kick

Last edited:

Last edited:
Kunitskaya rd 3 +1400

Lansberg is going to expend a lot of energy trying to control kunitskaya in the clinch

Kunitskaya looks to have much better cardio. She went 5 rds clinching and wrestling with pa’aluhi and looked like she could’ve went another 5 rds

Lansberg could be completely drained by the 3rd

Kunitskaya could also decide to work takedowns in this match and could get an opportunistic sub

Yana has finishing power in her legs. Watching tape I saw her throw an extremely hard knee from the Thai clinch and a powerful spinning back kick
Also Lansberg face bruises, swells and gets cut extremely easy, her face was a complete mess after both the Pudilova and Cyborg fight. That could contribute to a late stoppage

I actually think Waterson is the one who needs takedowns. Her darting in an out lasted all of 1 minute against Casey until she felt Casey's power. Herrig will continuously walk her down and land the harder shots with her meat and potatoes boxing. I also think KH may end up on bottom from Herrig stuffing a TD.

With you on Patrick and Laflare. I think Patrick smothers Holtzman with relentless tds and grinding. Not quite as easily, but I think LaFlare has success taking Martin down and winning a dec as well.
Herrig is mainly a grinder in all of the bouts after PVZ, so...

Thoughts guys?
Very close fight.
I am picking Herrig and this is why:
Herrig is all in fighting 24/7.
Waterson has family kids boyfriend etc
Fading Jackson/wink camp
Herrig is bigger and stronger, also does not suck on the ground

My only concern is volume. Waterson might score with those weak ass side kicks. Plus judges probably are corrupt in Waterson's way

Sergio Pettis tko/ko +1050, dude's hands are looking better every fight, put Joe B on his ass twice in the first round IIRC? Formiga's striking isn't any good, and if Sergio stuffs his shots, he could get tired/reckless and get caught.

My main concern would be that Sergio may be hesitant to open up too much due to the risk of being taken down.

Back