UFC 230: Cormier vs. Lewis (Nov 3, 2018)

This is the main reason I'm either not throwing on Marcos or just playing his ko line. I doubt he can sub matt so I have no interest in his itd line. I also don't think Marcos can win a decision because he doesnt fight composed ever (except for a little bit vs osp). If he played a sprawl and brawl gameplan, he could easily cruise to a decision or get a ko, but I just expect something to happen like Marcos jumping a guillotine or diving for a td and getting dominated on the ground. Marcos could literally be dominating and then randomly subbed on the floor at any point of this fight. Therefore, I would much rather play Marcos ko at a good return because if he wins, it will mostly be by fucking Adam up badly with strikes. I don't see Marcos cruising to a decision with striking.

If the fight narrows up enough odd wise the ITD line might not even be +250... Who knows, I'm glad I got on it early. Seems like a decent spot.

Dc sub +240
Cannon ko +585
Roxanne sub +1545
Lima ko +335
Souza sub +350
Brunson dec +585
Rinaldi ko +1115
Jackson ko +260

Last edited:
Finished Brunson/Israel tape. Everyone is familar with both so not going to write a huge thing, but a couple things I noticed:

-Brunson is very strong from the body lock and can hit nice trip takedowns from there
-Israel gets backed into the fence and allows for the bodylock every fight
-Brunson carries huge power and speed in his left hand
-Israel gets caught flush by Vettori and Tavares with left hands. He was also KO'd stiff by a short left hook in his last kickboxing fight in 2017.
-Israel's power is definitely overrated, hit Tavares (who we have seen KO'd and rocked plenty) clean many times and never really had him reeling.

I know a Brunson bumrush into a solid counter isn't going to shock anyone, myself included, but my bets are as follows:

1u Brunson +270
.25u Brunson Rd1 +800
1.4375u NOT Israel ITD -115 (stupid limits made for wierd sizing)

Link
“I’ve watched some of his highlights,” Knight said when asked about his UFC 230 opponent. “I watched the fight with Gregor Gillespie. From what I can tell Jordan looks like he is going to be a well-rounded fighter. It doesn’t look like he stands out anywhere.”

“The one thing I see that I can exploit is that when you hit him hard, he doesn’t like to get hit,” he continued. “And I promise you, Im going to hit him hard. That’s a guarantee. Whether or not he takes it, we are going to see, but I’m going to hit him hard as hell, I promise you.”

Lol for a guy whom isn't taking this fight seriously. Jason is funny.

Props I liked:

DC KO -135 and -155
DC rd 1/2 +125/+300
Lando rd 1+225
Souza TKO +835
Souza NSC +100
Good Rd 2 +400
Lima rd1 +450
Lima KO +335

Roxanne sub +1545

I mean, I understand it's a potentially great pay-off, but the chances of this occurring are probably less than 1%. Roxanne's submission attempts are sloppy as hell and if nothing else, Eubanks has really good jits for a woman, far superior to Roxy's, and also has a large strength advantage. (So she can even power out if need be)

Props I liked:

DC KO -135 and -155
DC rd 1/2 +125/+300
Lando rd 1+225
Souza TKO +835
Souza NSC +100
Good Rd 2 +400
Lima rd1 +450
Lima KO +335

Why Jacare NSC? I know Weidman doesnt have the best power, but Jacare getting kinda old, can’t trust his chin that much anymore. And I don’t think Jacare can finish Weidman too easily. Maybe club and sub, but Jacare isnt nearly the same KO threat as Luke, Yoel, or Moose

My sherbros . just want to say mma bet dis >>>>>>>>>>ufc discussion. Just turned 45 into 500 on the ole roull wheel. Goung to play poker the next sev days .and then looking to invest all on a ufc cfb sat parlay. I will be scouraging this forum for next sev days. Seems most dont like the card...i find those the most appealing. Lots of dogs. Beast has legit chance. I think he knows he can do it. But might not want the fame bs, so loses. Israel wins. Eubanks wins. Love this forum. Fyi...ipa +sour d. Ty nature-universe.

I wish Julio Arce was in the -250 range. He is the closest thing to a lock on this card.
If I was rolling in it, I would absolutely feel confident dropping a couple thousand on him. Same with Shane Burgos.
I feel like Sheymon's pretty live against Arce there. Sheymon should be about +150, and Sheymon's fought the better competition in his career thusfar. No reason to see him as lock.

You can never go wrong with a fighter that has 14/20/50/ wins and no losses. Most of the time.
Brunson's just not the sort of dude I'd fade at -300, or the sort of dude that I'd play at more than -200. He's wild, chaotic and can crack. -350 on Israel's a silly line against somebody with Brunson's raw finishing ability.

Last edited:
I feel like Sheymon's pretty live against Arce there. Arce should be about +150, and Sheymon's fought the better competition in his career thusfar. No reason to see him as lock.
Arce odds are approaching -400 and you say he should be +150? You must be dropping the hammer on Sheymon?

I don't think he should be above +200 either but that's going too far

I'm thinking an easy 3-team parlay of Adesanya, Cormier & Eubanks. 3 big favorites who should be able to win or at least have the skillset to win easily. $129 bet for a $100 win. Opinions???

Arce odds are approaching -400 and you say he should be +150? You must be dropping the hammer on Sheymon?

I don't think he should be above +200 either but that's going too far
Oops. Meant Arce should be about -150, but yeah I'm going pretty hard on Sheymon.

I'm thinking an easy 3-team parlay of Adesanya, Cormier & Eubanks. 3 big favorites who should be able to win or at least have the skillset to win easily. $129 bet for a $100 win. Opinions???
Those are all negative EV lines from this new juice era. All 3 of those are pure dog-or-pass situations, with Cormier only playable by prop.

from a value perspective i don't like it, even though it very well may cash. i don't think this is a good parlay card at all, i'd rather try my luck with some dogs.

Hate it. Eubanks and Cormier should win but are too juiced. If you won’t play them straight then don’t parlay them. And I think the value is on Brunson at the current price. Good luck though.

There will be no doubts lots of juicy and nice KOs and Subs in this fight card! i am excited for it.

I'm fading drug addict Knight. He is training at TAM lol. I have a close source that told me Rinaldi is in very good shape and beating good guys in the gym.
Lima is a good dog to bet on
Marshman has a chance
Kelleher can win

#DogCity
'Returning the favor. Found some great value: Lewis vs DC starts round 2 at 1.71 odds. DC knows that Lewis' power is real and really doubt he is going to charge in Brunson style. Even if DC does land a takedown in round 1 I think Lewis' gastank can keep him alive for a round.

edit: not to mention DC has one r1 finish in his past 9 bouts. And that was vs Stipe.

Last edited:
Back