UFC 231 Holloway vs Ortega

Anyone else feeling strangely good about Shevchenko ITD? I feel like once she gets JJ to the mat, it's going to be a painfully one sided bout...
I don't. JJ got one of the best takedown defenses and get ups in WMMA. Valentina got some nice trips from the clinch, where JJ is also elite, and that's about it.

Really tough not to be swayed by the youtube video of the 3 MT fights between JJ and Schev...Schev looked much faster, landed better and landed head and arm throws at will...I get that it is a different sport...but when MT is Joanna's biggest and some would say only strength, it is really tough not to be swayed to Schev
Aren't those over 10 years old? I think JJ had only been doing Muay Thai for a couple of years then, while Valentina started when she was very very young. Don't know why people are putting so much fweight into those. Isn't it only Valentina highlights too? Like not any full fights, if so I've missed them

Max is great, im on more 0.5u on him. This fight will be five rounds with Max winning by all rounds rounds via strikes, tdd is good, Ortega dont take Max down and on the feet Max is going kick Ortega ass...

Nelson looked better than ever, but still not very impressive.

I want to share a quick story of one of the reasoins why I began betting (won't be 10 000 words, I promise):
I started to argue with people in forums in my country and on the youtube comment sections with foreigners about who is gonna win and why I think so. The problem with that is that if your view of the fight eventually is proven right, nobody gives two shits. 90% of the people won't give you any props, it's like you did nothing. People that were arguing with you the hardest you'll hear from them the least (if you got the fight right and vice versa). When you don't predict correctly of course you are called names and everybody comes to say how you don't know anything about MMA and should have never even tried to predict fights.

When you bet at least there is 100% possibility that when you guess right, you are going to get real reward for your effort, the harder the fight you picked, the bigger the reward. There is no point in arguing with strangers because even if you win, you didn't actually win. It's empty activity. Nobody will admit he was wrong, not only that he for sure will double down on what he said before. You won't receive a single good word for what you did. That's why I bet - real punishment when I am wrong, real reward when I am right. No bullshit

Just know I will be eating your ass if Ortega loses

Anyone else feeling strangely good about Shevchenko ITD? I feel like once she gets JJ to the mat, it's going to be a painfully one sided bout...
Joanna's ground game at least defensively has always been excellent. I'll be surprised if Shevchenko dominates for a considerable period of time there. Worst case I expect Shevchenko to get opportunistic clinch takedowns and Joanna to pop right back up.

Aren't those over 10 years old? I think JJ had only been doing Muay Thai for a couple of years then, while Valentina started when she was very very young. Don't know why people are putting so much fweight into those. Isn't it only Valentina highlights too? Like not any full fights, if so I've missed them

It is not like it is a NAGA gi match...this fight needs to be won on the feet by JJ. There is no chance she outgrapples, submits Valentina. Why would you not put weight on the 3 times she tried to beat her standing already and could not? Unless you think JJ has caught up to her/surpassed her to the point where it is irrelevant. I just highly doubt it, that's all. I would suggest anyone wanting to wager on the fight to at least watch those first. You don't have to formulate your whole opinion around it like I am lol..but I think it is a worthwhile piece of data.

Max is great, im on more 0.5u on him. This fight will be five rounds with Max winning by all rounds rounds via strikes, tdd is good, Ortega dont take Max down and on the feet Max is going kick Ortega ass...
How about a Max Holloway TKO finish by fourth round?

You can get Rakic ITD at -130. I know his first two UFC appearances have been decisions, but both those opponents took severe beatings, especially Lidet. Rakic at 26 is likely an improving fighter. He still is two decisions in a row or not a massively built 6'5 LHW that looks like he'd fit right in at heavy, with a 80% stoppage ratio... Thoughts?

Holloway by TKO fourth round is worth a longshot. And yes i know Ortega isnt easy, but i am feeling Holloway has a chance for a surprising finish to defend his belt.

How about a Max Holloway TKO finish by fourth round?
Im like Max by tko 4° and 5° rounds. If Max wins 3 rounds will make Ortega going all in and Max is going to finish this fight. Big odds for Max winning on 4° and 5° rounds. I like that a lot.

So yall saying Ortega can survive longer than Aldo?

It is not like it is a NAGA gi match...this fight needs to be won on the feet by JJ. There is no chance she outgrapples, submits Valentina. Why would you not put weight on the 3 times she tried to beat her standing already and could not? Unless you think JJ has caught up to her/surpassed her to the point where it is irrelevant. I just highly doubt it, that's all. I would suggest anyone wanting to wager on the fight to at least watch those first. You don't have to formulate your whole opinion around it like I am lol..but I think it is a worthwhile piece of data.

I'm only regurgitating what Phil McKenzie says about them but, in brief, describes the first fight as if they were two girls pulled off the street and just told to fight, that they look completely raw and it should be completely disregarded as a fight. The second and third fight follow the same trend of Sheva hulking JJ. But he talks about how JJ has evolved so far beyond what she was in those MT fights that they should be considered irrelevant for her. What he does find relevant though, and part of why he picks Sheva, is something along the lines of Sheva not being hesitant against girls her own size and this prior familiarity between them will play into her victory. BUT then they talk about how they've only been able to see short clips of the fight, so I think he's bullshitting quite a bit here.

I completely agree with some itt about JJ being vastly undervalued and I'm on her (with a Sheva KO pseudo-hedge haha).

Im like Max by tko 4° and 5° rounds. If Max wins 3 rounds will make Ortega going all in and Max is going to finish this fight. Big odds for Max winning on 4° and 5° rounds. I like that a lot.

On those too, along with starts Round 3.

IF she manages to get jj down, jj will just get back up

Back