UFC 232 Jones vs Gustafsson II

Yeah. I also like the Anderson/Zingano & Ewell/Wood unders. Former's pretty binary, where Zingano can finish on ground and Anderson on feet. Latter's two dudes with minimal defence and solid power

On the flip, might be time I actually put a little on the over prop for the entire card. Not difficult to see a whole bunch of these going the full distance.

How in the world can anyone back Anderson after that performance against Holm? Cat is going to take her down at will. Also her striking is good enough to hold Anderson away. Anderson is all size and no skill. Cant believe people see anything special in her at all. Zingano is a top 10 p4p WMMA fighter when her mind is right, and if you listen to her podcast with Rogan you know shes all in.

Agreed. Want to rewatch some of chiesa's recent fights but I've never been impressed with the guy. Few years ago Condit would be a massive favorite. Obviously he's not the same fighter, but I still think he moves well enough to piece chiesa up.
3/4 years ago Condit would be like -800. Im just pissed off I got him at +118 and some guys here have him at +162.

Not recent I think their fighters' record combined is negative since 2016.
I guess it's just a matter of semantics. Compared to JW's whole body of work, I'd say 2016 is pretty recent. Anyways, I'm not trying to defend JW or anything. I know they have their flaws. It's just that in my opinion, I think Chiesa's sparring partners and coaches are not on the same level as Condit's.

How in the world can anyone back Anderson after that performance against Holm? Cat is going to take her down at will. Also her striking is good enough to hold Anderson away. Anderson is all size and no skill. Cant believe people see anything special in her at all. Zingano is a top 10 p4p WMMA fighter when her mind is right, and if you listen to her podcast with Rogan you know shes all in.
Because if her mentality is off, which is highly likely with her, then Anderson is more than capable of slaughtering her on the feet. Zingano's striking sucks she just bounces forwards hands low and chin way up in the air throwing single strikes on the outside. If she tries that vs Anderson she's gonna get hurt badly by the much bigger, longer fighter easily.
Anderson might suck on the ground but she also has the same advantage on the feet plus Zingano's mentality and size disadvantage are significant.

Last edited:
Because if her mentality is off, which is highly likely with her, then Anderson is more than capable of slaughtering her on the feet. Zingano's striking sucks she just bounces forwards hands low and chin way up in the air throwing single strikes on the outside. If she tries that vs Anderson she's gonna get hurt badly by the much bigger, longer fighter easily.
Anderson might suck on the ground but she also has the same advantage on the feet plus Zingano's mentality and size disadvantage are significant.
Prettymuch why I think the under's the better play. Zingano's a solid finisher from on top, and Anderson can tune her up if she gets stuck on the feet.

Prettymuch why I think the under's the better play. Zingano's a solid finisher from on top, and Anderson can tune her up if she gets stuck on the feet.
Yeah I got a bit on the under after a bit of tape. Wouldn't trust either fighters ML at all.

I'm on the ITD in Anderson/Zingano at +155. Both have extreme advantages in one area. I could see it going to decision since it's WMMA, but not more than 50% of the time honestly.

I fundamentally like the idea of buying low on Condit, but is Chiesa really the right matchup for him?

He has terrible takedown defense, and Chiesa is an elite backtaker. RNC wins over Dariush, Iaquinta, Jim Miller is no joke. He may not be Demian Maia, but Maia had such an easy time with Condit you gotta worry that Chiesa replicates that performance.

Obviously Condit is the better striker, but can he keep it standing long enough to win? He has a shot of KO, but the move up to 170 should help Chiesa chin.

Still think there coulddd be value on Condit @ +170, just not liking that Chiesa has an easier path to victory here
I dislike chiesa and see value on condit but this is true. I think I won't be playing this one

I just finished watching tape on Uriah Hall/Bevon Lewis. I don't have a bet on the fight yet, really close and I might pass but here are some takeaways for anyone betting the fight.

Bevon Lewis is a prospect out of Jackson Winklejohn, surprised no one mentioned this but he trains with Jon Jones and he has emulated his style after him since they have the same body type but Lewis fights at middleweight. Tall long orthodox fighter at 6'3" with a 79' inch reach. For a young fighter he paces himself well (he doesn't blow his cardio) and looks for opportunistic openings to finish fights.

He uses Jon Jones dirty side/push kick to the knee. He uses his long reach to hand fight to try and take away your hands. He goes low to set up the right head kick, switches stances, in the clinch he will look for the right elbow in the clinch and off breaks. All Jon Jones stuff.

At this stage in his career, his hands are better than Jones but not as strong, for a young fighter he knows how to win fights whether by stoppage or rounds.

Uriah Hall 6'0" will have the same reach as Lewis at 6'3' with a 79' inch reach. He might look bigger because of the muscular build.

Last two fights, Hall has kind of gone away from his unorthodox spinning attacks. He still uses it but he uses a long snapping jab and straight cross more now but not always together. You didn't see it as much in Jotko fight because he got rocked right away but he stopped Jotko with a straight right cross. In Costas fight, he used a beautiful long snapping jab but never finished with a straight right. Costas kind of mentally broke him after Costas kept eating his jab and coming forward.

If Lewis can contain Hall's jab (both have same reach) and Hall can't stop Lewis, Lewis is going to take a decision by making him work. Hall has a tendency to freeze with his back against the cage and gets hurt a lot there.

Sorry for the long breakdown/analysis.

Last edited:
What is the way to defeat Ryan Hall? I think that you have to be agressieve and fast, overwhelming him with a lot of strikes, is BJ fast enough? I'm not sure, I see Hall putting a sub in this fight, but at the other side, BJ is a cage expert with so many fights that is hard to see him making the same mitake of Lobov and Maynard, that was not cutting distance and striking hard.

https://mmajunkie.com/2018/12/ufc-c...yborg-over-amanda-nunes-cardio-the-difference

UFC champ Valentina Shevchenko picks Cris Cyborg over Amanda Nunes: Huge cardio advantage

“Cris has an advantage in her endurance – a very huge advantage, because she’s training like a fanatic,” Shevchenko said. “And most important, she’s not tiring.

“In the morning, she runs marathons, and after marathons, she comes to training and does her work hitting pads and sparring. She doesn’t get tired. She has the power to move forward. So in this fight, I will support Cris.”

Cyborg recently told reporters she will make Nunes pay for delaying their superfight after the two camps tussled over scheduling.

Not surprisingly, Cyborg herself touts her cardio as her best advantage in the fight.

“I have five rounds,” she said. “I watched a couple fights of Amanda and I know she likes to do the pressure, but she don’t like when fighters put pressure on her. I’m the pressure. When she throws her best punch at me, I’m going to be the pressure. She’s going to feel that.”

Back