UFC 236 Holloway vs Poirier 2

Where do we think the main event line closes?

I want to bet Holloway, and I keep thinking we'll see Poirier money come in, but so far I've been wrong.

Give me -185 Holloway, por favor
I doubt we'll see anything better than -200, but we shall see...

Just cashed out my 3u bet on Anders without a loss.

He is talking about standing and banging until one of them falls in all interviews. Fuck that shit lol.

He is talking about standing and banging until one of them falls in all interviews. Fuck that shit lol.

I just looked and under 2.0 is -145. I'd be surprised if this sees a third round, and even more so if Anders has the attitude you mentioned.

lol, I literally have never listened to a word a fighter has said pre-fight... Actions speak louder than words, you have to look at what these guys do in the cage and what kind of habits they have in-ring.

Hope he sticks to his word, I'm on Roundtree KO haha

Love watching Turner fight but liking the spot Frevola is in. Feel like if he doesn’t get knocked out early he will have the superior endurance to grind out the decision

Love watching Turner fight but liking the spot Frevola is in. Feel like if he doesn’t get knocked out early he will have the superior endurance to grind out the decision

I'm on the other side, all of Turner's wins come in the first, and I think he gets it done again quick here against the defensively porous Fravola. If Reyes took him out cold in a minute, and Vanatta almost knocked him out in both the first and the second, why can't the dangerous turner get it done in the first 5:00? +200.

After doing full tape on OSP/Krylov I am switching sides to OSP. From memory I thought Krylov had far better hands, but he is extremely kick heavy, which often leads to him on his back. He also thinks he is a far better grappler then he truly is and is very much sub over position, which puts him in dangerous spots. Against an opportunist sub threat like OSP that spells disaster. I still beleive OSP is on a slight decline, but I don't think it is enough to justify him as a dog in this spot.

I was also under the impression that Krylov had fixed some of his issues outside the UFC when in reality he just had soft matchups for his style. The Jan fight proved hes still the same guy. It's possible he comes out and catches OSP with a head kick or big shot early, but it is far more likely they hit the mat and OSP has a substantial advantage there. Had 1u Krylov +130 pretape, going to switch to 1u or so on OSP and see what I can get down on a sub line once other books open props.
Krylov getting caught by Jan told me that Krylov hasnt learned much

Osp via Von flue

I'm on the other side, all of Turner's wins come in the first, and I think he gets it done again quick here against the defensively porous Fravola. If Reyes took him out cold in a minute, and Vanatta almost knocked him out in both the first and the second, why can't the dangerous turner get it done in the first 5:00? +200.

Turner KO is +200? I haven’t checked props yet

lol, I literally have never listened to a word a fighter has said pre-fight... Actions speak louder than words, you have to look at what these guys do in the cage and what kind of habits they have in-ring.

Yeah, I still rather put that money on Adesanya with slightly better odds. Anders had weird moments before and I don’t want to sweat seeing him try out his new standup with a more explosive guy even though Khalil sucks.

If I lose, I rather lose on Adesanya than Anders lol.

Capture.JPG
Stepping on @piglord 's toes, posting the ohmbet specials.

Buyer beware on "shoulder choke" because ohmbet kinda weasled me with the JG/Barboza bonus bet last weekend because of the word "performance". Anyways, like $7/day max bet so whatever. The principle though...

"Toe to toe slugfest"! Maybe he's full of baloney, but what a stupid game plan against a LHW striker with big power who has been training in Thailand. I was very big on Anders, he matched up well size wise against Khalil at the face-off, but still he's moving up in weight. Risking $0 to win $30 on Khalil now, and added Khalil KO prop.

Also, I don't put too much stock into pop psychology but still, it always looks bad when you won't look your opponent in the eye at the face-off. In other words, Anders "shook" confirmed.

"Toe to toe slugfest"! Maybe he's full of baloney, but what a stupid game plan against a LHW striker with big power who has been training in Thailand. I was very big on Anders, he matched up well size wise against Khalil at the face-off, but still he's moving up in weight. Risking $0 to win $30 on Khalil now, and added Khalil KO prop.

Also, I don't put too much stock into pop psychology but still, it always looks bad when you won't look your opponent in the eye at the face-off. In other words, Anders "shook" confirmed.

Nahhh. Anders, 1 win in his last 4, is the third to last bout on a dual title fight PPV with arguably the best p4p guy in the world right now headlining. He knows this is the peak of his career and he knows he might be in the conversation of being cut with another loss. He's having some fun with it. Or he suspects Khalil is dumb enough to believe him and his cardio-crash will come within 2min 30sec instead of 3min like usual. If his plan is a 'slugfest' he deserves to get flatlined.

As for the staredown....I have no argument. Rocky got fucking smashed and we all know why.

Been listening to half the battle the past few months and been loving it. but this week's episode was almost unbearable to listen to for some reason. the guys constantly disrespect fighters in an attempt to be funny, like instead of saying so and so fought bad competition they feel they need to call them hot dog vendors or car salesmen, repetitively, felt like it happened 5 times this episode. They also used a lot of illogical arguments for picking a fighter, like bringing up Boston Salmon's amateur boxing fight with Errol Spence as a reason why he will beat Khalid Taha. I'm not saying I'm done listening to them forever, but it seems like they're trying too hard to be entertaining and funny, and less focused on the analysis of the fights.

Kalikis and Hemminger's podcast will always be my favorite. minimal bullshit, no small talk, just business.

Any other pods you guys recommend? Doesn't have to be betting oriented, but I'm looking for opinions on matchups not just general mma discussion.

Been listening to half the battle the past few months and been loving it. but this week's episode was almost unbearable to listen to for some reason. the guys constantly disrespect fighters in an attempt to be funny, like instead of saying so and so fought bad competition they feel they need to call them hot dog vendors or car salesmen, repetitively, felt like it happened 5 times this episode. They also used a lot of illogical arguments for picking a fighter, like bringing up Boston Salmon's amateur boxing fight with Errol Spence as a reason why he will beat Khalid Taha. I'm not saying I'm done listening to them forever, but it seems like they're trying too hard to be entertaining and funny, and less focused on the analysis of the fights.

Kalikis and Hemminger's podcast will always be my favorite. minimal bullshit, no small talk, just business.

Any other pods you guys recommend? Doesn't have to be betting oriented, but I'm looking for opinions on matchups not just general mma discussion.
Both hosts ending every other sentence with "You know what I'm saying?" didn't bother you before this, lol? I listen to quite a few podcasts, way too many to list, but Kalikas & Hemminger's podcast is definitely the most straight forward betting podcast.

Both hosts ending every other sentence with "You know what I'm saying?" didn't bother you before this, lol? I listen to quite a few podcasts, way too many to list, but Kalikas & Hemminger's podcast is definitely the most straight forward betting podcast.
those little nuances are hard to get rid of during podcasts, I say "you know", "like I said earlier", or "ummm" all the time. I don't hold anything against them for that reasoning. sometimes it sounds like they did no tape and are just picking a fighter because of trivial reasoning.

They've always done that. At least they dont call people jobbers anymore really. They didn't do it for 2018 but at the end of 2017 they did an award show with a category 'jobber of the year'.

Oddscast is good but it's hard to listen to how much of a bore Hemminger is.

Hard to find podcasts that talk betting value really or maybe I just haven't been looking that hard.

I like MMA by the numbers, Mma prediction guru, Dog or Pass, Weasle, Jack Slack, HTB, Heavy hands, mma vivisection and recently turned on this dude Technical Tim on YouTube.

Back