UFC 238 Cejudo vs Moraes

LimitedMeekHuia-size_restricted.gif

46b1703b78e792b5af62d139d5a57ed1.gif

Masvidal was not known as KO guy before he stopped Donald. Till has more decisions in the ufc.
I wouldn't be shocked if Ferg stops him with volume.
<{gspressed}>
Ferg doesnt have ko power I stand by that.
btw the first one wasnt from Fergs higher weight class ? tuf ??
He has volume and cardio, thats all

This is the spot where either the Cerrone bettors end up looking sharp for the underdog bet pointing out that Tony got hurt in all his fights and came off the psychiatrist or Tony bettors will get a great line and laugh at the Cerrone bettors because he got smoked by pressure again lol.

So the consensus seems to be kk is on a decline because she got knocked out by andrade and beat by waterson, who turned in a career performance?

Kk was disinterested during the waterson fight

Grasso is the second coming of Floyd mayweather

Kk shouldve fought andrade in the clinch

You can’t even jerk off to kk anymore

Got it

Last edited:
Yeah, KK is on big decline. I bet Waterson last time and was happy later. KK isnt even fap fap material now.
Dog or pass, Grasso Has a REAL chance to win this

<CanYouSeeMeNow>

Crazy that people are picking Cowboy here. Ferg is exactly what Cowboy hates in a fight, high pace, high pressure, constantly moving forward giving you no space and Ferg is at a high level where ever the fight takes place. Ferguson could just choose to wrestle the whole fight even
yeah but all the value is on Cowboy

yeah but all the value is on Cowboy

Disagree. Tony should win this fight 2/3 times minimally imo. Value is on him at current lines (although not big value obviously based on the way I capped it).

Plus the fact that it's 3 rounds probably helps Cowboy. If rd 1 ends up as a round where they just feel each other out mostly, could go either way. That puts a dec win for Cowboy in play.

That said, (and I said this before), we've seen what happens with both guys when they get hurt. Tony recovers instantly and steps up his volume and generally gets a finish shortly thereafter. Cowboy gets finished. Maybe that changes this time, but why anyone would bet that it will is baffling.

I see this fight just like when they did Tony vs Pettis. Tony was coming back off his injury, should have been fighting for the title so the UFC did him a favour and threw him a winnable warm up fight. Something to keep him name out there, make him some money, make people remember he's the number one in the division and to keep him fresh for a bigger fight. It's just the same here, UFC throwing Tony a soft ball against a known name.

I see this fight just like when they did Tony vs Pettis. Tony was coming back off his injury, should have been fighting for the title so the UFC did him a favour and threw him a winnable warm up fight. Something to keep him name out there, make him some money, make people remember he's the number one in the division and to keep him fresh for a bigger fight. It's just the same here, UFC throwing Tony a soft ball against a known name.
Cerrone is considered an easy warm up fight nowadays?

Disagree. Tony should win this fight 2/3 times minimally imo. Value is on him at current lines (although not big value obviously based on the way I capped it).

Plus the fact that it's 3 rounds probably helps Cowboy. If rd 1 ends up as a round where they just feel each other out mostly, could go either way. That puts a dec win for Cowboy in play.

That said, (and I said this before), we've seen what happens with both guys when they get hurt. Tony recovers instantly and steps up his volume and generally gets a finish shortly thereafter. Cowboy gets finished. Maybe that changes this time, but why anyone would bet that it will is baffling.
I know I was just messing with him cuz of the big betting strategy discussion I'd been reading earlier in the thread.

Where is the value in betting someone who's going yo lose?
Cowboy can win a decision. Cowboy can outright KO him. Cowboy could even hit a triangle in some weird scramble. He has multiple paths to victory. And he also happens to be +.
Since you can see the future, however, a yolo bet on Ferg is the way to go.

You can say that about any fighter in any fight, any fighter can do just about anything.. It doesn't mean it's likely. Bet Cowboy, what do I care?

The Quintessential Guide to Cerrone vs Ferguson - at least my take on it anyway

We pretty much know exactly what Ferguson is going to do to a degree, he’ll have a slowish half a round or so before steadily applying pressure walking forward throwing a variety of kicks, punches, elbows etc. His defence won’t be great and contrary to what some believe I think its incredibly unlikely he uses his wrestling offensively. Cerrone has great TDD and the last time Ferguson actually hit a legit TD was a bodylock slam on a rocked Kikuno in 2014.

The first question is how, or can, Cerrone deal with that pressure, fortunately he too is quite predictable. Looking at many of Cerrone’s recent fights people have tried similar gameplans to what Ferguson most likely will, marching forward swinging and trying to overwhelm Cerrone. In different fights Cerrone has used different tactics individually or combined to counter this. Against Yancy, Cerrone kept his composure and countered with hard straight shots up the middle landing his right hand repeatedly and getting a R1 TKO. Against Hernandez he did similar but actively pushed Hernandez onto the backfoot and additionally hit a reactive double leg, he also threw knees up the middle as Hernandez ducked in. With Lawler he got into a clinch battle (which Lawler happily got into) before timing another reactive shot and getting Lawler down for half a round later into the second he also aggressively came forward putting Lawler on the backfoot especially in the second round. So essentially Cerrone’s counters to pressure are reactive TD’s, linear strikes (knees and punches mainly) and then clinching.

Then the question is how Tony deal with all those counters. Tony does have good wrestling, but he has tendencies that make me think Cerrone should have success getting him down and racking up top control time. Tony overextends often and has a narrow stance leaving himself open to reactive shots that Cerrone goes for heavily. He also throws teeps and low kicks that can easily be countered (Barboza got him down twice like this) leaving him open for a Frankie Edgar style kneetap TD which is what Cerrone used to get down Lawler. Then comes the second issue of Tony being far too happy off his back, he’s played guard often, doing it against Lee, Thomson, Pettis, Trujillo and others. Against Thomson especially he rocked him badly only to attempt some sort of awkward flying triangle. Cerrone has excellent BJJ and a solid top game, I can easily see him passing Tony’s guard (Lee mounted him) and having success on top enough to win rounds.

As for the striking we’ve seen Tony rocked or dropped how many times now? Pettis made the fight with Tony very competitive by mostly just throwing right hands over and over up the middle. Even guys like Kikuno had very early success doing similar. Johnson, Trujillo and Vannata also notably dropped him. And of course if Tony leaves himself open for it like he did with Vannata, Cerrone has a very quick high kicks from either leg that’ll drop anybody. I know a lot of people support Tony’s unorthodox striking and its certainly entertaining, but poor defence catches up to everyone eventually and Tony’s come close multiple times to getting finished.

Finally in the clinch I think it is quite even although I do favour slightly Cerrone. Both guys have good strikes, and Tony’s elbows are nasty but Cerrone is better positionally with underhooks, collar ties etc. and Cerrone’s slight height advantage will help. I’d think Cerrone likely avoids this, so he doesn’t get cut up as past opponents have vs Tony, although it is an option for him to tie up Tony as he comes in or off of failed or faked TD’s like he did vs Lawler. These faked shots are somewhat risky as Tony has a great front headlock which he will likely try and snatch if Cerrone is too slow.

Overall, I think it’s a fairly even fight, I feel Cerrone is more likely to finish as Tony is more open to being finished grappling and striking. Cerrone getting subbed from guard would be very surprising and, on the feet, Tony is unlikely to rock Cerrone or overwhelm him late as Cerrone has excellent cardio. Overall, I’d favour Tony slightly but would only cap him around -125 putting the value on Cerrone. I'm also interested in Cerrone NSC and Tony Dec lines as these could have a lot of value.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kechan123
Back