UFC 239 - Jones vs Santos

Do you think she could make 125 if she was dedicated enough?
Possibly but doubt it, she's always floated between 135 and 145 and with past issues getting to 135 it would be surprising. Saying that she just hit bang on 135 on short notice so could of totally sorted out her weight cut issues nowadays.

It’s not sad. Diego is very intelligent with his words and has thought about saying this stuff. He doesn’t have CTE like he said, he is an entertainer as well. WAR DIEGO

Diego and CTE go together like fat people and McDonald's.

Does anyone remember when Diego gave Dan Quinn like 100k for his "STEVIA WILL CURE ALL DISEASES" venture over 10 years ago?

Pretty sure Diego had CTE badly then. Now CTE has Diego.

I hope Ben wins and fights Usman.

I'd bet the house on Usman at -250.

If anyone missed the early weigh ins, Nunes looked like shit, needed a towel, and made weight in a DC esque fashion.

Edit: I'm not trying to justify my Holm bet with this by any means, but the fact that Nunes is now -450 seems rather ludicrous. She should win, but there's value in Holly imo.

Last edited by a moderator:
Jon Jones Round 4, 5, or by Decision +200
Holly Holm Round 4, 5, or by Decision +450
Ben Askren by Points +110
Julia Avila by KO/TKO +260
Manny Pacquiao Points or Decision +140

anyone else with me taking a degen shot on santos?
At +500, yeah, no doubt...
Jones has had so many issues in the past. I don't get the impression that he's dedicated in the gym like Mayweather was. It's only a matter of time before someone catches up to him, and I'll gladly play 1 or 2 units here

Jon Jones Round 4, 5, or by Decision +200
Holly Holm Round 4, 5, or by Decision +450
Ben Askren by Points +110
Julia Avila by KO/TKO +260
Manny Pacquiao Points or Decision +140
Like the Askren by points at + $

If anyone missed the early weigh ins, Nunes looked like shit, needed a towel, and made weight in a DC esque fashion.

Edit: I'm not trying to justify my Holm bet with this by any means, but the fact that Nunes is now -450 seems rather ludicrous. She should win, but there's value in Holly imo.
Meh. No zoom in, at an angle, poor lighting. She looked fine.

At 21 wins and 6 losses, we can easily be misled by Thiago Santos' professional MMA record. With some extensive research, however, we can see that Santos has only been knocked out or choked to near unconsciousness by a who's-who of nightmarish fighters such as David Branch and Eric Spicely. A blatant robbery by Uriah Hall, an opponent who cheated to win as he should have been TKO'd by the ringside doctor for a broken toe, rounds out an otherwise sparkling record for Santos. Gegard Mousasi was so afraid of having to rematch Thiago that promptly after knocking Santos out he left the UFC two years later for a competing organization. Mutante and Luque are fellow Brazilians so does it really count? Many do say 'yes' but some could possibly say 'no, it does not count'.

On the flip side we have the constant cheat and hateable heel Jon Jones. Like future contender and all around nice guy Greg Hardy, Jones has also lost by disqualification. I bring up Hardy in the hopes that Jones can one day aspire to be even half the man and upstanding citizen that Hardy is.
Now look at the trash that he has beaten! Bader is the champion of a regional fight club now. Rua, Rampage, Machida, Evans, Belfort, Sonnen, Teixeira, Gustafsson, and Cormier are all really old now or, in some cases, retired! I mean come on. Maybe if he fought these guys in their primes, like between 2010 and 2015, then it would count. But it's 2019 now! Let's be real. Jon Jones is an overblown can crusher. All these people betting on him all this time are wasting their money.

So, this is finally the narrative that wins out. An undersized, suspiciously-chinned, muscle-bound striker who swings wildly and with reckless abandon, who has no ground game. This will be guy the to burst the bubble that surrounds Jon Jones. Bet on Thiago because it's definitely not a waste of money and he's going to defeat the best mixed martial artist the world has ever seen.

At 21 wins and 6 losses, we can easily be misled by Thiago Santos' professional MMA record. With some extensive research, however, we can see that Santos has only been knocked out or choked to near unconsciousness by a who's-who of nightmarish fighters such as David Branch and Eric Spicely. A blatant robbery by Uriah Hall, an opponent who cheated to win as he should have been TKO'd by the ringside doctor for a broken toe, rounds out an otherwise sparkling record for Santos. Gegard Mousasi was so afraid of having to rematch Thiago that promptly after knocking Santos out he left the UFC two years later for a competing organization. Mutante and Luque are fellow Brazilians so does it really count? Many do say 'yes' but some could possibly say 'no, it does not count'.

On the flip side we have the constant cheat and hateable heel Jon Jones. Like future contender and all around nice guy Greg Hardy, Jones has also lost by disqualification. I bring up Hardy in the hopes that Jones can one day aspire to be even half the man and upstanding citizen that Hardy is.
Now look at the trash that he has beaten! Bader is the champion of a regional fight club now. Rua, Rampage, Machida, Evans, Belfort, Sonnen, Teixeira, Gustafsson, and Cormier are all really old now or, in some cases, retired! I mean come on. Maybe if he fought these guys in their primes, like between 2010 and 2015, then it would count. But it's 2019 now! Let's be real. Jon Jones is an overblown can crusher. All these people betting on him all this time are wasting their money.

So, this is finally the narrative that wins out. An undersized, suspiciously-chinned, muscle-bound striker who swings wildly and with reckless abandon, who has no ground game. This will be guy the to burst the bubble that surrounds Jon Jones. Bet on Thiago because it's definitely not a waste of money and he's going to defeat the best mixed martial artist the world has ever seen.

Sarcasm hmmm

I have been reading the same almost every main event in the past, and still, every underdog have hit pretty hard.

Reading your sad attempt at being funny is more painful than having to watch tape for low-level WMMA.

Watching some Hernandez fights.

This guy thinks mma is boxing. He also has a porous defense. Training at aka I’d imagine he has tdd, which won’t really matter vs chito

Chito, the notorious slow starter, is coming off a first rd finish and two second rd finishes. Needless to say he has not started slow as of late.

Chito should be able to control range with his kicks. Hernandez is just too one dimensional to beat a guy like vera

I’m not really interested in paying the juice for chito, but I do favor him to finish. He’s always looking to end fights

Rd 2 or 3

Reading your sad attempt at being funny is more painful than having to watch tape for low-level WMMA.
Hear that? It's the point whistling over your head. People actually think Jones is losing to this muffin top. He's not going to.

Now get back to whatever it is you do, in whatever dark hole you live in. There's plenty of bets for you to let us all know about where you "kick yourself" for not betting more on, after the fact of course.

I have been reading the same almost every main event in the past, and still, every underdog have hit pretty hard.
Like N'gannou?
But what happened in other events means nothing here.
Jon Jones has never even been hurt, let alone wobbled, let alone KO'd. Santos has less than a puncher's chance. If that.

Hear that? It's the point whistling over your head.

The point is that you're an unfunny loser and your attempt at humor is some of the most cringey, lame shit I've ever read here. Like the classroom loner everyone picks on interrupting the teacher to make a joke so that someone will like him...only to hear crickets in response. A sensation I'm sure you've experienced many times over the years.

So...Claudia sub has gone from +360 to +590. Wtf am I missing here? Pretty sure she's on a decline but still a much more accomplished, seasoned, and overall better grappler than Markos.

So...Claudia sub has gone from +360 to +590. Wtf am I missing here? Pretty sure she's on a decline but still a much more accomplished, seasoned, and overall better grappler than Markos.

U2.5 opened +350, makes sense for the line to widen with that being a far superior bet at the same odds

Reported 4 racism 4 throwing shade @ Greg Hardy

Back