UFC 241 Cormier vs Miocic II

lol man you just don't learn do you, I wonder how long it is till people completely tune you out lol.

First off Alcantara stunned him, which lead Sand backing up into the cage which allowed the td. He was still trying to recover from the shot when the wizzer came. And Font tdd fucking sucks lol

Once again just looking at stats or things on the surface without looking at the intangibles smh
Ok so that's excuses for 2 out of the 4 out of the way, guess you might as well explain why Bautista easily slammed him on his head then? Or how about Lineker dragging him down no problem with a sloppy bodylock? Against Bautista he did the same stupid mistake as Rose did vs Andrade trying to defend a high crotch with a kimura and could have easily got himself KOd lol.

I'm starting to think these genius intangibles are just a range of excuses you're putting together to justify a point that isn't there.

Is it better that Sandhagen got manhandled and stunned by a 39 year old before he cardiodumped, or that he's just got bad TDD? Neither is exactly a good look.

Sandhagen was incredibly lucky to get the Lineker decision, main issue with Assuncao is that he just doesn't put out much output... but then again Sandhagen is the most defensively void fighter he's been against since Font, so a Font-style whooping's pretty possible.
Got manhandled huh? I would say Sand actually turned around to manhandle Alcantara, and showed he has ton of heart and will fight for your money. He was caught by a shot early he didn't see, it happens.

And no I didn't think Sand got lucky I think it was a clear 2-1 for Sand and hit Sand at nice dog odds after round 1 in that fight. He let off the gas pedal a little in round 3 against Lineker, but I think that was due to him going to round 3 for the first time in over 2 years and slowing a little (small intangible there)

You can't compare Font who is more flat footed (boxing heavy stance) with little footwork who needed to plant his feet to throw which allowed Raphael to duck down for a td to Sand's footwork, speed and style. This could very well look like the T.J fight in ways, Sand staying on the outside while landing with speed and switching stances often to keep Raphael guessing.

Also this is the biggest reach advantage Sand has faced in the UFC, 4 inch advantage (small intangible) where as he was at a reach disadvantage against Austin and Antarctica.

Rapheal is on the decline now too and coming back after getting dropped by Moraes 6 months ago. I see the argument and path for Raphael I just don't think it happens.

Ok so that's excuses for 2 out of the 4 out of the way, guess you might as well explain why Bautista easily slammed him on his head then? Or how about Lineker dragging him down no problem with a sloppy bodylock? Against Bautista he did the same stupid mistake as Rose did vs Andrade trying to defend a high crotch with a kimura and could have easily got himself KOd lol.

I'm starting to think these genius intangibles are just a range of excuses you're putting together to justify a point that isn't there.
haha what? your not even worth discussing with. I see you even failed to mention my counter points in the post above, you just really like the look of your own writing, or the sound of your own voice too much.

You guys are acting like even if Raphael gets him down its over or he is in trouble, yet he turned it around on Austin in the same round he got taken down to get the finish, same with Bautista and pretty much the same with Iuri, just needed 1 more min into round 2.

haha what? your not even worth discussing with. I see you even failed to mention my counter points in the post above, you just really like the look of your own writing, or the sound of your own voice too much.

You guys are acting like even if Raphael gets him down its over or he is in trouble, yet he turned it around on Austin in the same round he got taken down to get the finish, same with Bautista and pretty much the same with Iuri, just needed 1 more min into round 2.
Cause as we all know Austin Arnett, a shot Iuri and short notice debutant Bautista are so comparable to Assuncao.

If his takedown defence hasn't improved dramatically Assuncao will be able to get him down and when he has him down he'll be dealing with one of the best top games in the division.

You keep saying I'm ignoring stuff yet you're completely ignoring important technical aspects of the fight. You think I like the sound of my voice too much yet it's you that kept replying only to rapidly reduce your argument down with petty personal jibes.

Cause as we all know Austin Arnett, a shot Iuri and short notice debutant Bautista are so comparable to Assuncao.

If his takedown defence hasn't improved dramatically Assuncao will be able to get him down and when he has him down he'll be dealing with one of the best top games in the division.

You keep saying I'm ignoring stuff yet you're completely ignoring important technical aspects of the fight. You think I like the sound of my voice too much yet it's you that kept replying only to rapidly reduce your argument down with petty personal jibes.
Bro you have some serious issues. Yea you just doubled down that Assuncao will just be able to take him while basically ignoring all the aspects of td's and footwork we just discussed or what I brought up, yet you are still stuck in your thoughts because you think your a 20 year old know it all that has it's head up its own ass.

If you are getting into it with more that a couple people on here, which is the case, then maybe you need to look in the mirror at yourself. Just some advice bro, go get butthurt if you want but its the truth.

Watching Stipe/Cormier again, and Pettis/WB actually gives me way more faith in Stipe/Diaz.

WB was content with point fighting, slightly pressuring Pettis, and landing a solid jab on him at low volume.

Diaz will throw twice the volume that WB did, and be in the face of Pettis the whole fight.

Stipe fought a weird fight. He was for sure winning, but his gameplan of pressuring DC was peculiar, and something I'm sure he's looked back at.

He took DC down, and initiated the clinch, which is what DC wants. But even so, when he landed a solid 1-2 when he had DC against the fence, DC's facial expression changed immediately after feeling his power.

DC then eye poked the fuck out of him twice, and less than 30 seconds after the second eye poke, finished him.

Everyone is acting like DC is prime Cain and can go for 5 rounds hard while pressuring and taking down another HW.

We saw DC go 5 rounds hard most recently against Gus, which was when DC was much younger, and a fight that was contested standing the entire fight.

"But but Stipe was tired in the Francis fight". No shit, it's not easy to hold a beast like Francis down for 5 full rounds. I can guarantee DC will tire more in this fight than any other fight he's had if it goes 5 rounds.

Holding down scrubs @ lhw =/= hw by any stretch of the imagination.

I am suspect of DC’s cardio for the reasons you mentioned above, as well as the fact that DC will be carrying more weight at Heavyweight. We have seen cardio suffer when carrying more weight. Now DC will be carrying 40+ more pounds and doesn’t have to do as much cardio to make weight like he did at LHW.

Bro you have some serious issues. Yea you just doubled down that Assuncao will just be able to take him while basically ignoring all the aspects of td's and footwork, yet you are still suck in your thoughts because you think your a 20 year old know it all.

If you are getting into it with more that a couple people on here, which is the case, then maybe you need to look in the mirror at yourself. Just some advice bro, go get butthurt if you want but its the truth.
Yes I'm clearly the butt hurt one here and know nothing. You acknowledged the aspects of the TDs so well. Like how when Sandhagen pushes forward with his jab and combos he's wide open for a reactive shot like what Assuncao hit on Font, or how anyone that's got a bodylock on him easily got him down, or how his ability to get back up is reliant on being given space. Or how he never actually showed any good get up ability and has got lucky in that 3 of his 4 opponents went for poor submission over position attempts allowing him to escape when takendown.

Sandhagen has been takendown by every single UFC opponent of his and fightmetric credits him with stuffing just one attempt and was almost subbed twice now by Alcantara and Lineker. Find it hard to back him here when Assucano is the best MMA grappler he's faced by far. Best striker as well a decent margin, bit surprised he was even the favourite.
Thought he would be a small underdog too. Won't play that fight at those numbers

Sandhagen is a remastered version of condit. I like him a lot but he's got clear advantages and weaknesses (no tdd)

I think Sandhagen has a good future but this is such a big step up in competition that I don't think his backers really get. Sandhagen looks great against bad fighters and gets himself in trouble vs any decent fighter. Assuncao's not a decent fighter, he's a dude who's only lost to the absolute top tier of the division while having also beaten them. I'm not gonna go huge on it, but dog Assuncao might be a gift.

Anyone looking at Benitez-Yusuff? Benitez might be one of the most underrated strikers in the division. His wrestling kinda sucks but Yusuff isn't a great wrestler. If this fight stays mostly on the feet I can definitely see Benitez pulling this out. Seeing +285 here is super tempting.

Anyone looking at Benitez-Yusuff? Benitez might be one of the most underrated strikers in the division. His wrestling kinda sucks but Yusuff isn't a great wrestler. If this fight stays mostly on the feet I can definitely see Benitez pulling this out. Seeing +285 here is super tempting.

I took Benitez @ 4.00...that line is way too wide.

I think Sandhagen has a good future but this is such a big step up in competition that I don't think his backers really get. Sandhagen looks great against bad fighters and gets himself in trouble vs any decent fighter. Assuncao's not a decent fighter, he's a dude who's only lost to the absolute top tier of the division while having also beaten them. I'm not gonna go huge on it, but dog Assuncao might be a gift.
Dude he beat just Lineker not so long ago, assauncao is a step down in competition.
I will send a message(my gameplan) to Sandhagen on insta, he will win.

Dude he beat just Lineker not so long ago, assauncao is a step down in competition.
I will send a message(my gameplan) to Sandhagen on insta, he will win.

Assuncao is a step down from Lineker? Lmao. You're gonna bet a favorite because of a contentious split against someone who was a better matchup?

Please send your gameplan to Sandhagen on insta

Wik must be the elite capper that gave OAM his gameplan.

Wik must be the elite capper that gave OAM his gameplan.
tenor.gif

Assuncao is a step down to Lineker ? loooool

Always funny to see what a knockout loss can do to the perception of a fighter.

The gameplan is to bet 70 zloti on a 10 fight lock parlay

I mean...the 29-28 and the knees OAM hit automatically make 1% chance laughable right?

Back