• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) We may experience a temporary downtime. Thanks for the patience.

UFC 242 Khabib vs Poirier

There's a little thing called thinking before you speak or in this instance type. You should try it sometime.

Cause as we all know Muslims follow the exact same beliefs. Just like every Christian, Hindu, Pastafarian etc. follow their own beliefs with zero variation within the overall religion.

Last edited:
Well considering that's how stipe wins most of his fights, absolutely.
Stipe has one late KO on his record, Mark Hunt. And the Mark Hunt fight was predicated on a completely different approach.

I don't get the hype around him, but maybe because people think he has some value. And as bad as Felder is, Barboza is not good either. Sure - faster, better athlete, but god damn this guy is so easy to gameplan for. I honestly expect a very close, split decision type of fight this time. One fighter is where he always was, and the other developed somewhat, but not enough to be an easy pick for the win. Even God himself doesn't know who is gonna win this fight :D

giphy.gif

Lol at saying someone who has been in the UFC since 2010 with 14-7 record is "not good". If he was "so easy to gameplan for", then what does that say about the rest of the roster? Besides Johnson and Varner, all losses have been to top contenders. People were saying shit like this before the Hooker fight as well.

Hooker is not Felder.
Both are hungry, but only one is experienced. If Hooker had fought a different gameplan, he would have won. Felder will fight that fight. Tko R2/3

Whats with the circlejerk on felder?

Just dont think hes improved as much as everyone is saying here.

He didnt impress me that much his last fight vs vick, vicks defense sucks big donkey balls so dont really count that as a big/good win and felder was pretty much countering with a right overhand everytime vick put his hand out to grab felders, otherwise his oliveira win is really the only ”good” win on his resume.

Also to beat edson he cant ”just walk him down” and pressure him hes gotta cut of the cage otherwise i think he will be lit up, and i havent really seen felder cut of the cage a great deal vs anyone.

This feels a bit like the pettis diaz where a whole lot of people were saying ” its just to pressure diaz and kick his legs ” we all saw how that went for pettis, felder is from the same (overrated) camp Roufos sport so i expect felders gameplan is gonna be just that ” walk edson down and pressure him ” and get blasted while doing it.

Im quite a big edson fan but still had geathje vs edson cuz gaethje can actually cut of the octagon but i just dont see felder doing that, ready to eat crow if felder pulls this off but i think he gets way too much hype compared to what hes actually done in the cage.

Agreed. What most people are talking about is just pressuring Barboza and keep him backed up against the fence. This is the success plan to get a KO against Vick as well. Felder did a good job winning that fight, but it was more back and forth than the scorecards say. I think if you can get inside successfully on Barboza, you are most likely going to have a much easier time with a guy like Vick.

Lol at saying someone who has been in the UFC since 2010 with 14-7 record is "not good". If he was "so easy to gameplan for", then what does that say about the rest of the roster? Besides Johnson and Varner, all losses have been to top contenders. People were saying shit like this before the Hooker fight as well.

Hooker did exactly what he shouldn't have in that fight, but that's just his style.

I've took Felder as the dog based on him having taken less of a beating over the past few years, hopefully actually making adjustments and improvements from the last fight and Barboza having slowed down and maybe being a little more tentative after all the damage he's taken and getting knocked out.

With that Barboza could come in looking great and Felder could have changed nothing and we just see a replay of the first fight

Big fan of the GTD and Barboza Dec in that one. Feel like I don't trust Felder to really shake off his usual pattern of fighting.

Agreed. What most people are talking about is just pressuring Barboza and keep him backed up against the fence. This is the success plan to get a KO against Vick as well. Felder did a good job winning that fight, but it was more back and forth than the scorecards say. I think if you can get inside successfully on Barboza, you are most likely going to have a much easier time with a guy like Vick.

Rematches can change how a fighter approaches them. Felder looks more motivated than ever to get that loss back. He was actually doing well in the first fight and acknowledged himself a lot of the silly mistakes he had made. Im confident this fight plays out different if I know anything about MMA

Rematches can change how a fighter approaches them. Felder looks more motivated than ever to get that loss back. He was actually doing well in the first fight and acknowledged himself a lot of the silly mistakes he had made. Im confident this fight plays out different if I know anything about MMA
Doesn't really change who they are as a fighter tho. Felder isn't really a pressure guy. That's the concern on his end. Inactivity.

Big fan of the GTD and Barboza Dec in that one. Feel like I don't trust Felder to really shake off his usual pattern of fighting.
About where I'm at on the results for this one. I like Felder NSC probably just the line but my thinking is if he wasn't in danger of being stopped in the first fight idk what would have changed. Don't know if he can crowd Barboza well enough to get a win but I think he stays tight enough to avoid being wheel kicked into next year.

Another thing I like on the Felder side. Edson mentioned he reads his opponents faces to gauge the effectiveness of his big shots. You can kinda see it by the way he hangs back before picking his next shot. This may work against him here, I like the way Paul kept about the same look and shrugged/shook off all Barboza's the same way in the first one.

Why is it hard for people to see they are on Felder at dogs odds in a fight most think is 50/50 or close to it?

The same Felder that people say doesn't pressures and etc still won a round from Barboza 4 years ago, and almost won 2 rounds against him as that round 1 was close and could have gone either way.

Felder just needs a few small changes (less spinning attacks, use more hands) and he can clearly win this.

Plus Barboza taking those recent beat-downs into consideration, I don't think it's hard to see why people are on Felder at dog odds, and esp if you got him at +145/155.

Felder also showed he’s smart enough to do tape study, create effective gameplans by exploiting weaknesses and actually execute them

Why is it hard for people to see they are on Felder at dogs odds in a fight most think is 50/50 or close to it?

The same Felder that people say doesn't pressures and etc still won a round from Barboza 4 years ago, and almost won 2 rounds against him as that round 1 was close and could have gone either way.

Felder just needs a few small changes (less spinning attacks, use more hands) and he can clearly win this.

Plus Barboza taking those recent beat-downs into consideration, I don't think it's hard to see why people are on Felder at dog odds, and esp if you got him at +145/155.

Barboza was far closer to a shutout than Felder was to getting that decision. There were 6 play by plays at 30-27 and 7 play by plays at 29-28. Not a single one scored it for Felder.

It shouldn't be hard to see why some may see value in Barboza either. He already beat him and Felder hasn't really shown the style that beats Barboza. Furthermore, we got a pretty good gauge on Felder against Vick. Constant pressure should put a guy like Vick away. Felder did not implement that.

Back