UFC 242 Khabib vs Poirier

Barboza was far closer to a shutout than Felder was to getting that decision. There were 6 play by plays at 30-27 and 7 play by plays at 29-28. Not a single one scored it for Felder.

It shouldn't be hard to see why some may see value in Barboza either. He already beat him and Felder hasn't really shown the style that beats Barboza. Furthermore, we got a pretty good gauge on Felder against Vick. Constant pressure should put a guy like Vick away. Felder did not implement that.
One judge gave Felder round 1, and 2 others gave him round 2. Felder should have won round 2 across all boards imo, and then it would have been a split. It was not a clear win for Barboza.

Depends on where you line the fights, if you think it's 50/50 then Felder at dog odds are your side.

One judge gave Felder round 1, and 2 others gave him round 2. Felder should have won round 2 across all boards imo, and then it would have been a split. It was not a clear win for Barboza.

Depends on where you line the fights, if you think it's 50/50 then Felder at dog odds are your side.

This is one of the strangest lines of logic that I've seen. Barboza literally wins on every single scorecard and every single play by play, but it's not a clear win for Barboza?

Didn't I say round 1-2 were close? And there is evidence in that since one judge giving him round 1 and 2 others giving him round 2.

It was not a dominating win for Barboza imo, let's not act like it was like your making it out to seem.

4 years later, they fight again with Barboza coming off 3 bad beat downs in his last 4. First fight was close and with slight adjustments in my eyes and Felder can win this (less spinning attacks, more hands, less kicks)

Like I said it depends where you cap the fight, and in my eyes it's 50/50.

Didn't I say round 1-2 were close? And there is evidence in that since one judge giving him round 1 and 2 others giving him round 2.

It was not a dominating win for Barboza imo, let's not act like it was like your making it out to seem.

I'm not the one making things out to be what they weren't. You just said it wasn't a clear win for Barboza. Honestly, that's insane. You have ever single judge score it for Barboza and every single play by play for Barboza. In fact, nearly half of the play by plays had it 30-27 Barboza. That's pretty damn clear.

I have no issues with those playing Felder. I really never have an issue with someone playing the other side. Reasonings that I don't think are correct or are being exaggerated are what I take issue with.

I'm not the one making things out to be what they weren't. You just said it wasn't a clear win for Barboza. Honestly, that's insane. You have ever single judge score it for Barboza and every single play by play for Barboza. In fact, nearly half of the play by plays had it 30-27 Barboza. That's pretty damn clear.

I have no issues with those playing Felder. I really never have an issue with someone playing the other side. Reasonings that I don't think are correct or are being exaggerated are what I take issue with.

It was not a clear win in that it wasn’t a dominating win, it was close. Let me make the more clear maybe you misunderstood what I meant. I think there is more of a argument that it was a very close fight than to say it was 30-27.

Barboza is the same fighter 4 years later while Felder fights smarter and with better fight IQ now.

And you aren’t even taking consideration or acknowledging the fact Barboza is coming off some bad beatdowns, who knows where his mind is. Those things are be considered in a rematch.

I haven’t even seen many people say they are betting Barboza here that much.

They ones that like Barboza has said the odds are a little off and are not betting him. Then some like Felder at dog odds. I think you will clearly see more people betting Felder at dog odds than Barboza as a favorite.

You trying to back your argument that some media had it 30-27 but to me that is insane that they had it 30-27 and the actual judges had it 29-28, which is as close to a win as you could get. Others here have echoed the same thoughts on Felder so not sure what your getting at.

We are just capping this differently but you can’t dispute someone betting a dog in a fight they think is 50/50 like I said I think it is.

Can't wait for Diamond to shock the world, these odds are nutty. RD4 TKO #andnew

Max bet Blaydes -295 and Taisumov -235. Large bets on Lee -200 and Dustin, but I went in early like a dummy so have avg. odds of +270. Smaller bet on Murphy +415, think that line is way wide, very solid fighter, but has faced mediocre comp. Tukh is wild, all power, and slows considerably. Definitely not someone who should be a huge fav, IMO.

Hmm guess I was right about the oil princes poirier just about +400 now and I see it only getting bigger by fight time.

PttfDL6.jpg

Wtf!

Anyone think Salikhov might be able to get rid of Taleb? I have a hard time trusting the durability of someone twatted by Strickland...

poirier +380 on bet365
Yes, and Maximum accepted bet is $197. Which is strange, their typical accepted bets for MMA around $500-600. I will be betting Porier. All this invincible Khabib stuff, I just don't buy it. He gonna gas and get knocked out.

Khabib under 6.5 takedowns +100
Khabib under 180.5 strikes +105
Like both

Even if Khabib does get tired, it wont be a Kimbo kinda tired, he will still be able to work and hes not reliant on getting a standing KO anyway. He just has to defend himself well enough to avoid a KO by an also tired Poirier, who basically does needs a standing KO.

Poirier isnt exactly known for his late finshes, the only finish he has in rd3 or later is Pettis by making hm quit and the big one which makes people think he can do it here, Gaethje. Poirier was tired against Holloway but it wasnt a Kimbo type of tired, it was a striking match and this fight will be a lot more taxing.

To me Poirier needs an early KO, not a late one, if Khabib takes time off in rd3, he'll have more of a chance but not much more.

Do we really think Khabib gasses more than Dustin? Or any other fighter outside of Ferguson in this division?

Even if Khabib does get tired, it wont be a Kimbo kinda tired, he will still be able to work and hes not reliant on getting a standing KO anyway. He just has to defend himself well enough to avoid a KO by an also tired Poirier, who basically does needs a standing KO.

Poirier isnt exactly known for his late finshes, the only finish he has in rd3 or later is Pettis by making hm quit and the big one which makes people think he can do it here, Gaethje. Poirier was tired against Holloway but it wasnt a Kimbo type of tired, it was a striking match and this fight will be a lot more taxing.

To me Poirier needs an early KO, not a late one, if Khabib takes time off in rd3, he'll have more of a chance but not much more.

I mean he has only been in so many 5 rounders to get a "late finish" and as you mentioned just outlasted Gaethje, had the greatest accumulation/volume striker, and one of the most durable guys in the history of the sport hurt in rd5, finished Pettis rd 3, Eddie late rd2. He clearly carries power late and has proven to have good cardio or at the very least an ability to fight through fatigue to still land with fight changing shots.

Last edited:

So many clueless people in this forum it's funny af. I'll come back to this thread with my pocket full of cash and a grin on my face reading these comments about Poirer lmao.
Conor-McGregor-holding-cash.jpg

Ps. watch dustin get choked in r2

Do we really think Khabib gasses more than Dustin? Or any other fighter outside of Ferguson in this division?
Anyone who has watched the fighters in the ME? No, anyone who sees that fat line next to Dustin's name probably. I will say looks like he has be grinding wrestling and probably has some of the best cardio he has ever had, but he is still a little undersized and very outmatched in that regard.

I've seen Khabib tired but I've also seen him utilize his cardio and pick his offense/defense more skillfully than the majority of the UFC roster. I hope DP has been wrestling his ass off, alot of this fight will probably be competitive grappling. His grappling looked sloppy against Holloway either way I think the dog gets outmaneuvered and outworked

Back