UFC 244 Masvidal vs Diaz

Has Donald trumps announced attendance of ufc 244 triggered Barry to the point where his mind is too clouded to make wagers?

I noticed that I have a lot of hot takes in this thread. Here’s another

Is Derrick Lewis being honest about his back recovery and training and healthy eating?

I noticed that I have a lot of hot takes in this thread. Here’s another

Is Derrick Lewis being honest about his back recovery and training and healthy eating?
I want to think so. Am I still brain damaged from that Askren bet?
I like Lewis here. I didn't hate his JDS fight that left leg looked educated, he got hurt but land a few big shots himself.
He even had JDS in a bit of trouble trying to chase a little GNP at one point.

I want to think so. Am I still brain damaged from that Askren bet?
I like Lewis here. I didn't hate his JDS fight that left leg looked educated, he got hurt but land a few big shots himself.
He even had JDS in a bit of trouble trying to chase a little GNP at one point.
A healthy and motivated beast is a scary prospect. He doesn’t strike me as a liar. I know Cain and dc talked about how great cains recovery was, and that looks to have been bs

A healthy and motivated beast is a scary prospect. He doesn’t strike me as a liar. I know Cain and dc talked about how great cains recovery was, and that looks to have been bs

Lewis might honestly be the most difficult guy on the entire roster to cap against a competent but not elite fighter. Esp after injuries, now his supposed more dedicated habits, etc.

BOL guys, no clue what to make of this fight.

Lewis might honestly be the most difficult guy on the entire roster to cap against a competent but not elite fighter. Esp after injuries, now his supposed more dedicated habits, etc.

BOL guys, no clue what to make of this fight.
I bet Ivanov early, mostly as a fade on how terrible beast has looked

but watching tape I notice how passive Ivanov is and how he lets the fight come to him. He has a sambo background but rarely uses it.

beast is often the aggressor early, and he’s quick and explosive. Ivanov has a good chin but I don’t know if anyone in the heavyweight division can eat Lewis punches

he’s probably going to land early, and I’m not sure if Ivanov will be able to weather the storm

but watching tape I notice how passive Ivanov is and how he lets the fight come to him. He has a sambo background but rarely uses it.

beast is often the aggressor early, and he’s quick and explosive. Ivanov has a good chin but I don’t know if anyone in the heavyweight division can eat Lewis punches

he’s probably going to land early, and I’m not sure if Ivanov will be able to weather the storm

Beast invented the turtle style kung fu. Would not bet against him ever.

Lewis has had his moments where he's super tentative early on too though. You're right in that sometimes hes aggressive and powerful early, but sometimes he's the opposite. In the past you could still play him with some level of confidence anyway because he was pretty durable and often found a way to come back and land bombs. But now...IDK. I feel like it's a total guess as to what you are gonna get out of him.

Lewis has had his moments where he's super tentative early on too though. You're right in that sometimes hes aggressive and powerful early, but sometimes he's the opposite. In the past you could still play him with some level of confidence anyway because he was pretty durable and often found a way to come back and land bombs. But now...IDK. I feel like it's a total guess as to what you are gonna get out of him.
Yea it’s definitely unclear

but he did look good at the weigh in

This card is so good I kinda think that the main event is one of the less interesting matchups from a fan perspective. Both Diaz and Mas are 34 year olds with good but not great careers getting a late burst of appreciation, but neither are real title contenders and there are so many more interesting prospects with bright futures that I am excited to see.

I personally am more excited to see how these rising prospects can do as they step up in competition: Luque, Edmen, Johnny Walker, Gillespie. These guys all have real possibility of title contention. And I want to see if Till can be a thing at 185 against a super tough test in Gastelum. Even Black Beast is more interesting to me bc I wanna see if he can keep fighting terribly and winning.

I even have money on Nate, and I’m more excited to see fights that I have nothing on. It should be a fun fight that could go either way, but it’s just not that interesting from a talent or title perspective.

I kinda like that they made a BMF belt for the rock to present, thats cool. But the fight itself is only OK to me for a main event

I always knew Corey Anderson's finger was bent but his finger is getting nasty!

Screenshot_2019-11-02 .png

I looked at the skill sets of each fighter and gave my thoughts on which skill sets would win out for UFC 244. It's a decent read if you're interested in this week's UFC 244 at MSG.

That will actually translate to 'average'.
Can be true, but what we see in the UFC from him, is pretty good, dont you think? I think that Burgos can totally KO him, He dont react pretty good to be hit, but in the Wrestling he is pretty good.

Nate/Masvidal

I'm honestly pretty ambivalent about the whole BMF belt thing. I don't hate it, nor does it make me one bit more excited for this fight. This is a good scrap between two good fighters with styles that **should** make it entertaining. The personalities I guess add to it a bit, but they seem to like and respect each other so IDK...it's really just a solid fight to me.

Anyway, I have to say that Nate's normally crisp boxing looked a bit off point vs Pettis. The crazy long layoff maybe has a lot to do with that, but he can't have that happen here. Pettis is obviously an established MMA striker, but mostly because of how he incorporates kicks. With Masvidal, Nate is facing a guy with crisp boxing and good power. If he's sloppy in the pocket like he was vs Pettis, he's gonna get busted up badly. Nate is ultra durable, but so is Masvidal. Nate's wrestling was good enough to get Pettis to the mat, but I don't see him having the same success vs Jorge if he tries to go that route. Masvidal is more sturdy, with better TDD than Pettis (or Conor for that matter, who Nate took down).

I think the ML is close to being correct here, with MAYBE Jorge having a little value as the favorite. For those betting Nate, I'd have to say his dec line at +315 looks way better than his ML at +140 or whatever. Jorge has been finished only 3 times in 47 fights. Maia couldn't sub him so even if Nate does get him down, Jorge's defensvie bjj seems to have improved to a high level. Nate puts on volume, but I don't see Jorge gassing so badly that Nate's pitter patter punches put him in real trouble. It's possible obviously, just unlikely imo. I'd rather roll the dice with the higher payout on Nate's dec line if I was inclined to bet him.

BOL guys!

I love when fighters have a sambo background are a greco Roman wrestling champion, judo black belt, a college wrestling stand out ect but we never see it in their fights, they never use those skills but people will bring them up everytime they have a fight as is they will suddenly pull those skills out of their arse 15 fights into their MMA career.

Blagoy will box, work his counter punching game, jab to the body and try and stay in the fight 3 rounds without getting hit with a bomb. I actually think if he tries to engage in any grappling tye black beast will just out muscle him and end up better off for it, probably just collapse on him and them beat him from there, ground and pound finish.

Exactly.
My favorite example is Roy Nelson ("a kung-fu fighter!") and Vitor Belfort. The commentators ALWAYS told us before and during EVERY SINGLE fight, that they are BJJ BLACK BELTS. <45><45>

Wonderboys team trying to do you Anderson bettors a favor.
Last 5 minutes he starts walking through the hotel past other fighters cutting weight including the leaner Lewis.
Somebody on WB'S team says "Is that Walker? He's fighting my boy Anderson, should I go mess with him? I'm gonna go mess with him"

When I'm weighing myself in my bathroom I can give some weight to my arm when it's touching the sink area and throw the scale off by a couple pounds. Doesn't even need to be resting on top of it.
a sink is quite different than a soft jelly body. I think people are blowing this up too much.

Back