UFC 248 PBP/Discussion

That guy...is a heck of a grappler.

I can only imagne the squeeze that man produces prob put me to sleep in less than a second.

Great reffing there taking away Safos arm position too.

I enjoyed my +500 value viera face got fucked up instantly. If fight could have stayed on the feet a bit longer..

wow that eye looks horrible, if safarov could have avoided the clinch a little longer!!

Dude that strength. Moved through safs arms for that triangle like nothing

Some many striker vs wrestler set ups tonight big guy about got koed though

I have no idea why nobody else is using that arm triangle setup. It's deadly. Gillespie is the only other guy in the UFC right now who does it.

Braulio Estima did it in his only MMA fight:

Got blasted in the face and went nope straight to an arm triangle.

Eye is completely shut. Good thing vieira got him out of there quick

Do you guys think if there was some separation the doc would be stepped in to check the eye and could possibly stop the fight? It looked really bad.

Glad Safarov lost. The guy is a disgusting cheater.
I like him because of that actually. Can't explain why. Normally hate cheaters, but totally unathletic guys with little to no technique I like to see trying to win using unorthodox ways
Do you guys think if there was some separation the doc would be stepped in to check the eye and could possibly stop the fight? It looked really bad.
8 out of 10 refs are stopping this fight. you could easily lose the eye of you countinue

Not sure. I don't think it would have been a doctor stoppage if Vieira was willing to fight. His eye was totally shut, but the cut itself wasn't that bad. Not much blood, but tons of swelling. If there was a doctor stoppage though, it wouldn't have been shocking. It was definitely in the realm of possibility.

47.5 on quinones straight (around +280)
42.5 on quinones points handicap +3.5 (around +160)
20 on quinones itd (+875)

Back