UFC 251: Usman vs. Masvidal (7/11)

Rose is much better on the feet than Andrade. Moreover, I don't think Andrade can submit her on the ground. She also went 5 rounds with Joanna, so I'm not too worried about her cardio for 3 rounds. Just hope she hasn't some mental issues going on.
I like Yan and Volkanovski a lot. I really don't see what Max could do to win. Max doesn't kick so Volk wins the range fight with those leg kicks. I also think Volk is much stronger and could stall against the cage if needed. Pretty confident in that.
What I don't like is betting against a guy in Jiri that hits like a truck. I know Volkan is a real top 10 fighter and a stud, but it's difficult to have a read on Jiri: did he knock all those guys out because he only fought MW bums or is he able to do this also against a top 10 LHW in Volkan?
Still don't know.
Has Volkan even been knocked down?

Reyes hits like a truck and it didn't seem to faze him

Atrocious cardio for 135 too, Jesus

It's possible this line isn't actually steep enough

Someone please enlighten me as to why Martin Day is such a big fav over Davey Grant

What gave you the impression his cardio is horrendous? Which fight did you watch that made you come to that conclusion? Im not arguing im just generally wondering.

Also, Day is way slicker on the feet than Davey Grant from what I have seen. He chains punches together and is slick with his kicks as well. I havent pulled the trigger yet on either fighter, but I wanted your thoughts on the cardio issue.

But for how long is the question, aldo wasn't throwing a whole lot vs Moraes and he was slowing down already in the 3d round. It's hard to see aldo winning a decision, a KO in the early rounds is in my opinion his only path to victory. The commentary during the aldo moraes fight was ridiculous btw, it was a very close fight and Aldo had some nice flurries in the second round and pressured Moraes but that was about it, it is ahrd to give aldo the 3d round since he only landed about 3 strikes.
I’m pretty sure Brazilian commentators were in favor of Moraes after the three rounds. And Aldo is our boi. Really close but had Moraes edging it. Anyways, American commentary was biased as fuck.

What gave you the impression his cardio is horrendous? Which fight did you watch that made you come to that conclusion? Im not arguing im just generally wondering.

Also, Day is way slicker on the feet than Davey Grant from what I have seen. He chains punches together and is slick with his kicks as well. I havent pulled the trigger yet on either fighter, but I wanted your thoughts on the cardio issue.
The fight against Grigorii Popov

Granted I did watch it immediately after the Martin Day fight, so I was probably talking relatively. Day is fucking fast and doesn't seem to gas at all

I feel like no crowd is gonna allow Usman to implement his cagefuck / wrestlefuck gameplan, unless he’s concerned about Burns ground game, either way I think he takes it the ground either by plan A or B

he’s just physically perfect for 170, where as a lot of 170 is guys who don’t wanna cut to 155, even Woodley has a great body for 170 and Usman made him look like a lightweight

ok i’m trying to talk myself into this Yan / Usman +112 parlay but I think he wins

Burns-Usman is dog or pass. Guys this are former teammates, they know each other very good. If they didnt train together I would pick Usman because of physicality and power wrestling but.. Burns is confident to call out Kamaru so there is maybe something we dont know.

For sure Im betting Petr Yan and Volkanovski

Andrade NSC is +165. Wtf?
If you like Kumaru to win, you get a great price @ his -5.5 as well - he's either going to win a decisive decision or lose if you ask me.
Hollaway +5.5 is a good bet. I like him straight up myself

I'm parlaying these 3

After researching almost half the card, dont like the lack of leans I have:

Rosa V Melo: Rosa is clearly better, but her fights end up close regardless. Over is juiced

Tybura V Romanov :
No idea how good Kong is. Can he slam and pressure Tybura like the cans he crushes? Over, under, all depends on his skill level.

Bogatov V Santos:
Again no idea how good Bogatov is. Also no footage of Santos shutting down wrestlers recently in UFC.Park just held him against cage, and he would of won if not for point deduction. So can Bogatov grind him out for 3 rounds, or will he get finished? Or will Santos decision him..

Volkan V Jiri:
Volkan is my only solid play. Guy is underated, tough to finish and makes you wilt under pressure.

Paige V Ribas:
Ribas to juice up my multys ( how shameful of me )

Aldo V Yan:
I got Yan, but more importantly hammering fight to start Rd3 at 1.50. Both are patient, both have great chins + 5 round fight. If aldo is going to gass it will be later on in the fight.

Usman V Burns:
Usman by in round 3,4 or DEC. After that Colby fight, I realised nobody will beat Usman for a while.

If anyone has any better leans on these fights im all ears.

Has anyone seen training footage from Holloway? Even just generic bag or mit work? Rewatching fights with slow at work, might even do a giant write up here of recent fights for all.

Max switched stances with his lead leg all beat to shit, but he was actually having a lot of success as a southpaw particularity in the 2nd round. If he trained his whole camp to fight southpaw I think he has a lot better chance to reclaim the title. It looked like his defense southpaw wasn't as good was the issue.

Back