UFC 251: Usman vs. Masvidal (7/11)

Has anyone seen training footage from Holloway? Even just generic bag or mit work? Rewatching fights with slow at work, might even do a giant write up here of recent fights for all.

Max switched stances with his lead leg all beat to shit, but he was actually having a lot of success as a southpaw particularity in the 2nd round. If he trained his whole camp to fight southpaw I think he has a lot better chance to reclaim the title. It looked like his defense southpaw wasn't as good was the issue.
Max is really comfortable fighting out of either stance for long periods. Against Aldo and....Conor I think for example he fought ortho and against Swanson he fought southpaw.

Has anyone seen training footage from Holloway? Even just generic bag or mit work? Rewatching fights with slow at work, might even do a giant write up here of recent fights for all.

Max switched stances with his lead leg all beat to shit, but he was actually having a lot of success as a southpaw particularity in the 2nd round. If he trained his whole camp to fight southpaw I think he has a lot better chance to reclaim the title. It looked like his defense southpaw wasn't as good was the issue.

Holloway seemed to be busier with gaming these days. I kinda doubt if he still has the fire to fight and improve himself.

After researching almost half the card, dont like the lack of leans I have:

Rosa V Melo: Rosa is clearly better, but her fights end up close regardless. Over is juiced

Tybura V Romanov :
No idea how good Kong is. Can he slam and pressure Tybura like the cans he crushes? Over, under, all depends on his skill level.

Bogatov V Santos:
Again no idea how good Bogatov is. Also no footage of Santos shutting down wrestlers recently in UFC.Park just held him against cage, and he would of won if not for point deduction. So can Bogatov grind him out for 3 rounds, or will he get finished? Or will Santos decision him..

Volkan V Jiri:
Volkan is my only solid play. Guy is underated, tough to finish and makes you wilt under pressure.

Paige V Ribas:
Ribas to juice up my multys ( how shameful of me )

Aldo V Yan:
I got Yan, but more importantly hammering fight to start Rd3 at 1.50. Both are patient, both have great chins + 5 round fight. If aldo is going to gass it will be later on in the fight.

Usman V Burns:
Usman by in round 3,4 or DEC. After that Colby fight, I realised nobody will beat Usman for a while.

If anyone has any better leans on these fights im all ears.

Usman in 3,4,5 or dec?

Max is really comfortable fighting out of either stance for long periods. Against Aldo and....Conor I think for example he fought ortho and against Swanson he fought southpaw.

To my eyes he looked like certain shots from southpaw were effective, but he really didn't look as natural and fluid with it. His defense SP in particular suffered.

Thanks. I'll give that Swanson fight a watch.

Anyone thinking that Gilbert Burns is taking this fight too soon after his win with Woodley or is the momentum in his favor? He obviously didn't take much damage against Woodley, but I'm sure he still was banged up and had to heal then immediately is going back into training camp against the best Welter in the world. Not to mention that he will have to fly to Abu Dhabi early to get acclimated. I feel like there's a good chance he could gas against Usman and be dominated or finished in the later rounds. Woodley offered next to no resistance so it's hard to say if he really has 5 round cardio.

Anyone good at reading line movements? Volk's odds getting better now but idk if money will keep coming on max or not

Anyone good at reading line movements? Volk's odds getting better now but idk if money will keep coming on max or not
Will probably hold steady and trend more toward Volk. He built an early lead and prevented Max from getting back in the fight. People will bet on the same result happening.

Holloway seemed to be busier with gaming these days. I kinda doubt if he still has the fire to fight and improve himself.
I mean...he's been playing Call of Duty: Warzone which in a team deathmatch (first team to score X amount of kills first) in public lobbies is the equivalent of Round 1 Sanchez vs Guida pacing. Full games are like 20 minutes maximum so you do like 3 an hour (which every foghter in quarantine should have every now and again) and if you have a social media following why not stream it on twitch and make a bit of cash? God knows they're not breaking the bank with Reebok money.

Also...theres not a lot of science behind it but you could argue the gaming is helping with hand eye coordination and timing.

Hahah right because the dude plays video games he is definitely not concentrating on winning a fight. High level stuff post there brother, keep it up.

It's just an observation of mine. He also made some strange comments after the volk fight. Besides, arguments like this have been made before against fighters (Woodley recently) . Analysing where a fighters head is at can always be valuable.

Also, keep the condescending tone to yourself next time "brother" .

Last edited:
It's just an observation of mine. He also made some strange comments after the volk fight. Besides, arguments like this have been made before against fighters (Woodley recently) . Analysing where a fighters head is at can always be valuable.

Also, keep the condescending tone to yourself next time "brother" .

Are you not entertained?
Woodley is old and is increasingly a one-dimensional fighter. The fact he is also a shit rapper doesn't really figure into good fight analysis.

I mean...he's been playing Call of Duty: Warzone which in a team deathmatch (first team to score X amount of kills first) in public lobbies is the equivalent of Round 1 Sanchez vs Guida pacing. Full games are like 20 minutes maximum so you do like 3 an hour (which every foghter in quarantine should have every now and again) and if you have a social media following why not stream it on twitch and make a bit of cash? God knows they're not breaking the bank with Reebok money.

Also...theres not a lot of science behind it but you could argue the gaming is helping with hand eye coordination and timing.

i have read a study that said playing fps games helps people to make better decisions and also make them faster.

MM played a lot and was/is the goat

Over/Under Yan vs Aldo just came out and was amazingly 2.5 not 3.5.

I put 2u at -180 to go over 2.5. I'm really tempting to put on more. Both of these guys stand there and wait for the other to lead. I wouldn't be surprised by a 4th or 5th round stoppage if Yan wears out Aldo, but I don't see either committing enough in the early rounds to get a finish there.

Will probably work this into a parlay with other stuff closer to fight night

Last edited:
MM played a lot and was/is the goat

Lol I forgot about that. If we want to make a correlation to gaming then don't forget about MM! One of the best to ever do it and an avid gamer.

But yeah I don't think there is much connection between the two.

On the other hand I do think Max may have lost a step and some of his hype/momentum/fire may be gone. We will see next time out.

anybody ever bet with betonline and use their bonuses? holy shit, what a scam

Over/Under Yan vs Aldo just came out and was amazingly 2.5 not 3.5.

I put 2u at -180 to go over 2.5. I'm really tempting to put on more. Both of these guys stand there and wait for the other to lead. I wouldn't be surprised by a 4th or 5th round stoppage if Yan wears out Aldo, but I don't see either committing enough in the early rounds to get a finish there.

Will probably work this into a parlay with other stuff closer to fight night
I'm with you on that one. That will for sure be on my parlay. Old ass Faber made it to round three with Yan. This will go the distance or Yan will finish Aldo in the later rounds if his cardio isn't on point.

@Sadistics You have any prelim thoughts on Amirkhani vs Henry?

We have seen Henry as a big dog before and got the W vs Dawadu. Watching Burgos vs Amirkhani it was insanely impressive that he got him down multiple times an nearly got him in a choke..but he gassed hard. Burgos is BIG for the division but isn't Henry as well? Could be a live bet after R1 for me..?

Back