UFC 268 PBP/Discussion

But I don't really think Edmen is a good striker, I also disagree with that he is a 'striker'. He wrestled against Stewart for 3 rounds. He goes for takedowns in every fight. This fight would have also ended in a imavov win had it stayed on the feet.

He's mixed in some grappling at times sure. Like you said vs Stewart. Obviously he knew how absolutely awful Marshman is on the mat and subbed him quickly. But Edmen is still primarily a striker if you look at the overwhelming majority of his fights. AND...in the fights where he has grappled (or has been forced into grappling), his gas tank fails him pretty much without fail. Why initiate something that you don't have the cardio to even do for very long?

I think Imavov likely wins if it stays standing too. But I think Edmen's chances were at least marginally better if he kept it a striking fight. He did land some good shots, he was hanging in there.

Curtis has had a decent career so far. He only lost to the 2 best WWs in PFL whod beat alot of ranked UFC WWs. Before that his last loss was a competitive decision to Belal ages ago.
True, but Phil was coming off three good wins and was the far active fighter, ring rust should of been a huge factor vs a guy like phil.
Great win for him, I know who he is now.

Everyone sees this going to a decision...I'm wary of that the more I think about Al's layoff. He's a tough guy, but his timing is bound to be off.

I wouldn't be shocked if Green catches him and finds a finish.

Everyone sees this going to a decision...I'm wary of that the more I think about Al's layoff. He's a tough guy, but his timing is bound to be off.

I wouldn't be shocked if Green catches him and finds a finish.
yeah... green dec line is barely different than ML, a terrible bet imo. i just stuck with ML but there may be some value on finish

Lol when has Bobby ever smoke any1?

It's been forever since he finished anyone...I didn't even realize how long. But...I just have this weird feeling he might put Al away.

But I'm drinking pretty heavily right now too...

Al dipping his head HARD whenever Green throws. If he feints the straight punch and throws an uppercut he's gonna land clean.

Woooooo lol. Barnett rung the gong to these finishes

lol what a joke is Iaquinta, I still remember how he was somehow hyped when he was getting his face jabbed of by Khabib.

Thought Al wanted this one just to end his career with a dub after the absolute ass beatings from cerrone and hooker.. but he’s def done now.

Back