PBP UFC 284 - Makhachev vs. Volkanovski: Main Card PBP Discussion - Sat. 2/11, 10pm ET/7pm PT

Who Wins?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
IN

kangaroo-choke.gif

93764-3252324.png

All I have seen people talk about with Emmett vs Rodriguez is how their stand up compares, but what are the chances of Emmett coming in with a super heavy raaslink game plan? Seems like his best chance, no?

I think @fortheo and I have brought up the wrestling a bit. Its just Emmett has never really shown the fight IQ to mix it up, otherwise I'd probably favor Emmett right now. Also Emmett is 38, very old but I still think it's a close fight. Emmett pushes hard and has great cardio, Yair is a dynamic striker but stays hittable if you get in on his kicks and Emmett is all about exploding forward and slinging.

Dudes taken out some pretty good strikers before. He can take a punch to give a punch, and he hits hard AF. Will walk you down too

Sure, but I don't know if that's the best strategy to go with here. Yair is fast and he might just test how much punishment the old Emmett can still take. Which isn't a desirable experience for Emmett, IMO

Islam probably weighing about 275 by now

What's up with the main card though? Wasn't this supposed to be a HUGE event

Sure, but I don't know if that's the best strategy to go with here. Yair is fast and he might just test how much punishment the old Emmett can still take. Which isn't a desirable experience for Emmett, IMO
Worked really well against Burgos. We’ll see.

Back