PBP UFC 285: Jones vs. Gane - Main Card PBP Discussion: Sat. 3/4 at 10pm ET / 7pm PT

Who Wins?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Pictured - The MMA GOAT
DpLj0coX4AIp0Ri.jpg

I kept telling the people who were posting stills from this movie to mock Jones that the entire punchline was that the champ didn't actually need to show up in shape to win.

Life imitates art.

Jones treated the number 1 HW contender like some random dude off the street who he had to choke out real quick
Spare acting? Gee, that didn't look fake at all./s
UFC Credibility is now ZERO!

I kept telling the people who were posting stills from this movie to mock Jones that the entire punchline was that the champ didn't actually need to show up in shape to win.

Life imitates art.
I had the same thought just didn't type it out

Spare acting? Gee, that didn't look fake at all./s
UFC Credibility is now ZERO!
I've seen a few "fixed" comments but when questioning if something is rigged you have to ask yourself how it benefits Gane? Would a bit of extra money be better than defeating the Goat? He would make decent money after beating Jones anyway. Could even get a huge payday from a boxing match since his status would go up. Hard to see why it would be rigged. A lot of fighters panic when in the same position Gane was in and Jones has good strength.

He's partying in Vegas tonight.

You know shit goes wrong when Jones gets smashed in Vegas.

His 'Christian' wife will be faithfully waiting for her good Christian Husband at the hotel room with her 2 kids ...... after he gets done smashing the hookers and coke lines ...

Jones treated the number 1 HW contender like some random dude off the street who he had to choke out real quick

With the grappling awareness Gane had, he might as well have been a bum off the street. Hell, 3 stripe blue belts know better than to stay in that seated position, as the guy above has all the leverage in the world to convert a shallow guillotine into more of a neck crank. With Jones above, leaning forward, he had all the angles to wiggle the blade of the forearm for a chinstrap to get the hold, then all he needed to do was arc, he didn’t even have to pressure the trachea, with all the pressure ready to snap the neck vertebrae from that position.

Last edited:
I've seen a few "fixed" comments but when questioning if something is rigged you have to ask yourself how it benefits Gane? Would a bit of extra money be better than defeating the Goat? He would make decent money after beating Jones anyway. Could even get a huge payday from a boxing match since his status would go up. Hard to see why it would be rigged. A lot of fighters panic when in the same position Gane was in and Jones has good strength.

The highlight reels of Gane knocking everyone out, every fight Gane threw punches. This fight zero punches but instead throwing lame, half-ass low kicks and the fight lasted less than a minute from an older Jones who had a 3 YEAR LAY OFF. Very very strange.

Look at the history of Jones . He won againt Gustafsson, Santos , and Reyes when it was obvious he lost.

His brand benefits the UFC. They are going to sell exponentially more PPV and tickets with Jones as HWC. The top brass makes the decision and brokers with some individual, usually mafia related, to present the offer and get a response. So you have to ask what will make more money ... Cyril Gain vs. Stipe .. or JJ vs Stipe .. then you have to look how long it benefits the UFC to have Jones as HW Champ .. and for how long he is viable ..

Since McGregor .. UFC has gone downhill .. more fixes are in, and respect for opponents during press conferences is out.

The highlight reels of Gane knocking everyone out, every fight Gane threw punches. This fight zero punches but instead throwing lame, half-ass low kicks and the fight lasted less than a minute from an older Jones who had a 3 YEAR LAY OFF. Very very strange.

100% CORRECT. If only there was an option on this website to buy good comments a Cigar...

Back