UFC 287: Pereira vs. Adesanya 2

I agree,I saw that early,usually I think so about a lot of cards but eventually find good spota but is just a very tough card for that.There are some favorites though who could be playable because their oponents route to victory is probably a fine priced decision if you want to gamble with the hedge (you might lose everything though),Holland,Yanez and Gastelum to be exact.But I don't trust Ponzi or Font or Curtis enough to just play their dec lines.
there is very little trust worth in the whole card imo

maybe it's new info for you but you can still look shit while winning

Just to follow up on this

I rewatched all of Williams old fights and I do see why some would believe Williams is unplayable in this spot at his current betting line. I agree there is no value on Williams but I would also never lay a dime on Sherman in this spot either and do believe Williams wins by DEC.

Definitely an easy pass.

If Izzy fights pussy style, he can beat Alex. Cage stall, wrestle, leg kick, run.
Leg kicking Pereira doesn’t seem to work top well. In their last fight Adesanya landed some good ones, but Pereira got him back and checked quite a few. One of those checks even dropped Adesanya and clearly compromised his leg.

I agree he should fight cautiously and get Pereira to chase him around.

DC just did the worst Macho man impression after being so confident in it at the weigh in show. Shit was atrocious good God. Anybody going to the fights or weighins later ?

Leg kicking Pereira doesn’t seem to work top well. In their last fight Adesanya landed some good ones, but Pereira got him back and checked quite a few. One of those checks even dropped Adesanya and clearly compromised his leg.

I agree he should fight cautiously and get Pereira to chase him around.
i mean mainly fighting outside. but your right about the kicks.
he tried that last time. I think his best chance is to go out there and spark Perreira. Giving the center of the octagon for 5 rounds is tough when he has good cage cutting and can check kicks.
But its never Izzy’s aim to let things fly. his default programming will be fighting to get the win rather than a finish. he discovered Alex’s weakness too late in the fight when he had half a gas tank. He knows what to do now from the jump with a full tank .

i mean mainly fighting outside. but your right about the kicks.

But its never Izzy’s aim to let things fly. his default programming will be fighting to get the win rather than a finish. he discovered Alex’s weakness too late in the fight when he had half a gas tank. He knows what to do now from the jump with a full tank .
What’s his weakness? I don’t think he had to make any kind of discovery. Pretty well known pereira isn’t good on the ground.

still he went 1-4 on tds I think. It’s not like he didn’t try. Everyone who fights pereira tries to take him down. Strickland was supposed to

Last edited:
Christian Rodriguez (137)*
*Rodriguez missed weight. The fight against Rosas Jr. will go on, but he will forfeit 20% of his purse.

Not a good sign to miss weight this year.

Edit: 2023 weight miss record:
W: 1. Kledson killed shannon ross.
L: 5. 1 moderate favorite lost a controversial decision.
Canceled: 2

What’s his weakness? I don’t think he had to make any kind of discovery. Pretty well known pereira isn’t good on the ground.

still he went 1-4 on tds I think. It’s not like he didn’t try. Everyone who fights pereira tries to take him down. Strickland was supposed to
Izzy didn't realize this till later in the fight. Up till that point no one had controlled Alex like that before. I'm also going by the recent footage of Izzy training , and it looks more grappling drill than strking. Seems to be the consensus he is going to grapple heavy from the jump. Alex is easy to cage stall.

Izzy didn't realize this till later in the fight. Up till that point no one had controlled Alex like that before. I'm also going by the recent footage of Izzy training , and it looks more grappling drill than strking. Seems to be the consensus he is going to grapple heavy from the jump. Alex is easy to cage stall.
I seriously doubt that it was some eureka moment in round 3. And if it was that easy, why didn’t it happen again?

pereira is a bad style matchup for him. Beat him 3 times, twice knocked out and people still want to pay juice for Izzy.

What do you think is easier? Improving tdd or improving your tds?

you don’t think pereira is going to have an edge in this fight being the champ and knocking him out in their last fight?

did Leon edwards look better against usman the second time around? Was it the same fight?

I seriously doubt that it was some eureka moment in round 3. And if it was that easy, why didn’t it happen again?

pereira is a bad style matchup for him. Beat him 3 times, twice knocked out and people still want to pay juice for Izzy.

you don’t think pereira is going to have an edge in this fight being the champ and knocking him out in their last fight?

did Leon edwards look better against usman the second time around? Was it the same fight?
i agree

it's easier for potan to improve his defensive wrestling as the new guy and the imo better athlete than izzy to improve his offensive wrestling

Alex still lost most of the fight. It could be another Usman leon 2. But that doesn't usually happen. Most of the time, the second time around it's the other way around. Pena/Nunes2
Figgy/Moreno2

All of their fights are always razor thin close. 1 Kb match was a robbery dec. So it's not that clear cut. Alex obviously hits hard and will always have that lead hook, but if Izzy just solves that puzzle of avoiding his lead hook, he can win it. I generally think that it's a 50/50 fight always. Sometimes you can flip a coin and get heads 3x. But let's not pretend Alex shut out Izzy, he lost like 3 rounds before that.

Alex still lost most of the fight. It could be another Usman leon 2. But that doesn't usually happen. Most of the time, the second time around it's the other way around. Pena/Nunes2
Figgy/Moreno2

All of their fights are always razor thin close. 1 Kb match was a robbery dec. So it's not that clear cut. Alex obviously hits hard and will always have that lead hook, but if Izzy just solves that puzzle of avoiding his lead hook, he can win it. I generally think that it's a 50/50 fight always. Sometimes you can flip a coin and get heads 3x. But let's not pretend Alex shut out Izzy, he lost like 3 rounds before that.
There’s no value on Izzy imo. I don’t think there’s enough on pereira either to play him

now give me +155-170 on pereira again and I’m in again

Figgy/Moreno2

I think these points would be more apt if someone was betting Izzy as a pick 'em or slight dog. I just can't see paying juice on him. You could argue he looks like the slightly more skilled striker. SLIGHTLY. Despite him being ahead on the cards in this last fight, he really didn't dominate at all up until the KO.

upload_2023-4-7_17-16-25.png

These aren't exactly rounds where Izzy was dominating (although to be fair, he did hurt Alex at the end of round 1 for sure).

I think if we factor in everything, paying more than minimal juice on either guy make no sense. Izzy maybe a slight skill and fluidity edge, more actual MMA experience, etc. Perreira also highly skilled but with raw, lights out power to go with it.

Pereira looked really good at weigh ins. I have to lean with Pereira getting another finish, I expect him to be more aggressive with his boxing early.

Back