UFC 292: Aljamain Sterling vs. Sean O'Malley, Boston, August 19

I'm heavily invested in Tavaras myself. I have 5U in a Marcus McGhee + Brad Tavares parley. On top of that I have added quite a lot in different ITD props for Tavares. I don't see how anyone can bet Weidman at this stage and how he has looked in before.
I'm very confident in Tavares and outside of banana peel type of incident I think he wins this fairly easy... thought the odds would be wider tbo.

Yeah i don’t see a path to victory for Weidman. He’s fighting Brad, who went to a close fight with Dricus. Dricus would beat Chris with one hand. Also nobody talks about Brad’s leg kicks. Brad kicks like a horse. One leg and it’s over

I honestly wouldn’t be surprised if they put something in Aljo’s drink. And make him disoriented as shit, stumbling all over the octagon. O’Malley easy win

And then watch as Magny clinch-fucks your kids college funds into the ether.
He's trolling about going all in,but judges won't give Magny a dec win easy over an Irish prospect as they did over Griffin an the rest,that's why Magny small path is even smaller.

Sugar is a helluva striker. He's live for a KO anytime it's standing. We'll see if Aljo goes right to his grappling or not.
He will but he needs to stand eventually, Sean isn’t the kind to lay on the floor for 25 mins. Alja is 40/60 when it comes to striking grappling ratio.

https://youtube.com/shorts/dIMwkPfzjr4?feature=share

those knees are nasty, i think he hits them and finishes Alja with a straight.

Last edited:
He will but he needs to stand eventually, Sean isn’t the kind to lay on the floor for 25 mins. Alja is 40/60 when it comes to striking grappling ratio.

https://youtube.com/shorts/dIMwkPfzjr4?feature=share

those knees are nasty, i think he hits them and finishes Alja with a right hand.
Sean definitely isn't a guy who will just lay there, but Aljo has arguably the nastiest back takes in the game (right up there anyway). Sean trying to scramble his way back to his feet could easily put him in a terrible spot vs an elite grappler.

That said, I agree that Aljo also has a lot of confidence in his striking and that confidence could be his downfall here. Sugar has length, precision, power, and timing. Deadly combo to deal with on the feet.

Lemos looking significantly drained on the scale

Lemos looking significantly drained on the scale
Yeah, she looked rough.
Weidman looked old/worn.
Vera looked softer than last time too I think.

I have to take a stab at Sean just based on the fact that Aljo said he is vacating and the UFC has never wanted a champion more then they want Suga. They need a Superstar.....Tin foil hat activated

Its true, yes. But very unlikely. Brad just needs one good leg kick and Chris bone will snap. Weidman is over 200 pounds, that’s a lot of weight that the bone must withstand. Wall and stalling is his only path to victory.

Why didn’t Anderson Silva’s leg ever snap again? Seems like a weird thing to bank on.

Is Cody Gibson just overrated but looked decent on TUF and Katona is the rightful favorite of this size currently?

I just want to make sure I'm not missing something currently.

Is Cody Gibson just overrated but looked decent on TUF and Katona is the rightful favorite of this size currently?

I just want to make sure I'm not missing something currently.

Lines about right. Cody will be the most dangerous in the first.
I think they both slow in the 3rd but Brad wrestles well while tired.

Different fighters of course but Brad is also the same archetype as Ray Borg and slightly bigger.

I like Katona to win but not much value.

Only dog lines that attract me on this one are Moroz, Lee, and Munhoz. I'm either on favorites for the rest of ITD lines (with the exception of Magny/Garry completes 2).

I honestly wouldn’t be surprised if they put something in Aljo’s drink. And make him disoriented as shit, stumbling all over the octagon. O’Malley easy win
On a PPV fight card like this i wouldn't be surprised if some underdogs pull through.
It happened before.

Aljamain Sterling (23-3) Vs Sean O'Malley (16-1)

Anticipating an unforgettable showdown, we are poised to witness a classic clash of striker versus grappler.

Many are quick to dismiss O'Malley due to his appearance and personality but it's important not to underestimate his skills.

Taking a closer look at Sterling's title run reveals some question marks. Despite being hailed as the best bantamweight ever, I hold a different opinion.

In his initial encounter against Petr Yan, he secured victory through disqualification in a bout where he was on the brink of defeat.

The Yan rematch concluded with a tightly contested split decision victory. Additionally, he defeated an aging and injured TJ Dillashaw in a fight that probably shouldn't have taken place.

His most recent bout against Henry Cejudo also ended in a closely fought split decision.

I believe that even if Sean gets taken down, he has the ability to weather the storm on the ground and potentially secure a knockout later in the fight.

Pick: Sean O'Malley ML (+200)

Aljamain Sterling (23-3) Vs Sean O'Malley (16-1)

Anticipating an unforgettable showdown, we are poised to witness a classic clash of striker versus grappler.

Many are quick to dismiss O'Malley due to his appearance and personality but it's important not to underestimate his skills.

Taking a closer look at Sterling's title run reveals some question marks. Despite being hailed as the best bantamweight ever, I hold a different opinion.

In his initial encounter against Petr Yan, he secured victory through disqualification in a bout where he was on the brink of defeat.

The Yan rematch concluded with a tightly contested split decision victory. Additionally, he defeated an aging and injured TJ Dillashaw in a fight that probably shouldn't have taken place.

His most recent bout against Henry Cejudo also ended in a closely fought split decision.

I believe that even if Sean gets taken down, he has the ability to weather the storm on the ground and potentially secure a knockout later in the fight.

Pick: Sean O'Malley ML (+200)

you Reddit bro?

Can anyone rationally explain the Zhang line? I can't justify her being more than -200. Lemos is live.
Lemos should've lost to Hill, was losing to the Karate Hottie, and did a fat lot of nothing against Rodriguez before the KO. She's underwhelming to the maximum, until she gets her finishes. Power is dangerous at that level but it's not like Zhang has a bad chin. Rose landed clean with a head kick to put her out.

Meanwhile, since Zhang started working with Cejudo her head has been screwed on tighter, she's not so worried about what people think of her, and she's embraced the fact that she's very strong and can wrestle with anyone.

I don't bet big chalk but this is the one on the card I thought was probably priced too low.

Back