Media UFC 300 is ALREADY better than UFC 200

Black9

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
There's been alot of hate cause of Dana White promising something extraordinary
However looking at the end product of UFC 200 vs UFC 300 alot of the fights got cancelled on UFC 200, but in the end the UFC 300 card is shaping up to ALREADY be better even if there is a shitty main event.

Just look at the cards we have so far compared to the other

UFC 300:

UFC 200:
ufc200.jpeg

The thing is, UFC 200 was gonna be an even better card but it had a few big fights cancelled for it which led to them getting Lesnar on short notice to save it.
If that card kept Jones/Cormier 2 or Conor/Nate 2 then it would've been around the same level of hype or higher then UFC 300 currently is.

The thing is, UFC 200 was gonna be an even better card but it had a few big fights cancelled for it which led to them getting Lesnar on short notice to save it.
If that card kept Jones/Cormier 2 or Conor/Nate 2 then it would've been around the same level of hype or higher then UFC 300 currently is.
True, however if the rumors are correct that Mcgregor is coming back vs Chandler i think the hype+ other fights for UFC 300 would by far exceed 200.
Arman vs Charles and Gaethje vs Max alone are barnburner must see fights.

My guess is that the fighters know the UFC need a big main event so everyone they are contacting is asking for big $$$$

Fully agree

I honestly can’t wrap my head around how ppl are complaining

10 current/former ufc champions

16 out of the 22 are ranked

19 out of 22 have main evented a ufc card

Incredibly hot prospects in bo & diego

6 are in their respective p4p top 15s

Debut of a 2x PFL champ & 2 time Olympic gold medalist

The main event and 2 more fights are left to be announced

This exactly. Bringing back Brock (putting him against slumping Hunt), using Spider (who was well past his prime) as replacement, moving Tate and Nunes to the main……. These weren’t great things tbh.

True, however if the rumors are correct that Mcgregor is coming back vs Chandler i think the hype+ other fights for UFC 300 would by far exceed 200.
Arman vs Charles and Gaethje vs Max alone are barnburner must see fights.
I kinda wished they got DP/BSD on here too, UFC 299 already had more then enough on it and it would be a card filled with top tier lightweights going at it.
It probably was originally gonna be on 300(Dustin was pushing for that card), but I believe them wanting it to be a five rounder made it where it's only fitting for a card with one title fight(O'Malley/Vera).

At first I was unsure if Conor/Chandler should headline 300, mainly cuz that fight doesn't mean a ton of sense for rankings and all.
That being said, there's not many alternatives that bring as much hype. The closest I could think of is Izzy/Pereira, DDP/Izzy, Jones/Stipe or Jones/Aspinall. Issue is many of those aren't able to make that date.

At this point the UFC should bite the bullet and make Conor/Chandler the headliner, both seem ready for it.

200 made me a little sad tbh... An entire card full of pointless fights.

300 has potential, but its not much better (yet) in terms of star power... Ronda, Conrad, Khabib, Brock, GSP - at least 2 of them...

100 was one of the GOAT events... People still talk about things that happened on that card every day... They hit the combo of grudge-matches, elite competition, and star power absolutely on the head, and it was spectacular..

Screenshot_20240129_000156_Samsung Internet.jpg

Haters will call this a weak card... The first 2 main card fights were a mistake, but somehow they added to the anticipation... GSP hit Alves with his groin, and so on...

Not sure what my point is, really... 200 had more star power, but wasn't as good as 100, I guess.

I think it would've been WAY higher. I also think the reason TS and others feel the way they do is because they already know the outcome of the fights in UFC 200.

People prefer UFC 200 because for some reason they can't just post all the fights for 300 on a single fucking picture

Adding McGregor vs Chandler does nothing for this card from an MMA fan point of view. From a Casual's perspective I am not even sure it adds much tbh.
Boy are you wrong. But too bad we can't prove or disprove these things anymore.... Are social media numbers the only thing to look at anymore?

I’d say 300 is on par with 200, not necessarily better or worse. 300 is a great PPV but fans have let their imaginations set unreachable expectations due to Dana’s hype. Hence the constant bashing.

200 made me a little sad tbh... An entire card full of pointless fights.

300 has potential, but its not much better (yet) in terms of star power... Ronda, Conrad, Khabib, Brock, GSP - at least 2 of them...

100 was one of the GOAT events... People still talk about things that happened on that card every day... They hit the combo of grudge-matches, elite competition, and star power absolutely on the head, and it was spectacular..

View attachment 1026617

Haters will call this a weak card... The first 2 main card fights were a mistake, but somehow they added to the anticipation... GSP hit Alves with his groin, and so on...

Not sure what my point is, really... 200 had more star power, but wasn't as good as 100, I guess.
4/5 of those people are retired

How can this card live up to expectations when the expectations are impossible

When it comes to meaningful fights, I agree. UFC 300 has far more interesting fights than 200 had. The one exception would be the main-event. Whatever UFC comes up with for 300, it simply won't touch the anticipation you had for Jones vs Cormier 2. A legit feud and rematch between two of the best pound-for-pound at the time.

Still, I prefer UFC 300 over 200 even right now without a main-event announced.

4/5 of those people are retired

How can this card live up to expectations when the expectations are impossible
Un-retire them then... Ronda and Colin are the likeliest, but its not beyond the realms of possibility that someone like GSP would come back if the price/opponent was right.

There's been alot of hate cause of Dana White promising something extraordinary
However looking at the end product of UFC 200 vs UFC 300 alot of the fights got cancelled on UFC 200, but in the end the UFC 300 card is shaping up to ALREADY be better even if there is a shitty main event.

Just look at the cards we have so far compared to the other

UFC 300:

UFC 200:
View attachment 1026610

Totally disagree.

Lesnar-Hunt was there for nothing more than having Lesnar on it. UFC 300 doesn't have a name of that calibre.

Cormier-Silva and Gaethje-Holloway are in the same ballpark.

Aldo-Edgar is not matched by anything on 300.

Velasquez-Brown isn't as good as Charles-Arman but is better than Jiri-Rakic.

200's main card is ahead until they announce more big fights.

Back