UFC Fight Night: Lewis vs. Daukaus

BB/Daukus is the kind of fight that makes for awesome debate but imo just doesn't present a ton of value either way. I favor Daukus, think the line is at least close to being where it should, but no way in hell would make any sort of sizeable play on it. Lewis could knock him into the third row and I wouldn't be surprised at all.

Not saying Lewis can't or won't win, but he is literally land a big punch or lose
Nah, man... It's not that white and black with Lewis. It's one of several options, in order by likelihood:
  1. Land a big punch and win
  2. Land some big punches but not enough to stop the fight and drag this shitshow to a close decision where he usually wins
  3. Get stopped via fast and unexpected strike (note: Daukaus can absolutely do it)
  4. Get outclassed and eventually forced to give up
Can easily see Daukaus winning in the N 3 fashion, but that's about it. He's not proven to be a decision fighter. He's finishing dudes, he has very little experience past the 1st round. In the first round vs. Shamil, up until the last 30 seconds or so when he got the knockdown and was able to do some decent GnP, he was losing the round on volume. And Shamil is low volume himself. His boxing ain't clean, he's fast, no doubt about that, but beyond the 2nd punch he's throwing sloppy hooks honestly. If I were a Daukaus backer I would be worried.

Last edited:
BB/Daukus is the kind of fight that makes for awesome debate but imo just doesn't present a ton of value either way. I favor Daukus, think the line is at least close to being where it should, but no way in hell would make any sort of sizeable play on it. Lewis could knock him into the third row and I wouldn't be surprised at all.

The only bet worth making is over/under on the amount of rows Daukus flies lols

+260 on Victor Henry to beat Barcelos if anyone is interested in looking at that. Henry isn't some short notice can.

Probably a pretty good bet. I really felt Barcelos was starting to decline in his last performance vs Timur Valiev, he looked really gunshy / unable to pull the trigger to me. Fight will probably go to decision as well.

Probably a pretty good bet. I really felt Barcelos was starting to decline in his last performance vs Timur Valiev, he looked really gunshy / unable to pull the trigger to me. Fight will probably go to decision as well.
Timur is quite a few levels above victor henry.

CDFs 2 fight losing streak is more impressive than Gamrots whole career the strength of schedule is gigantic. He's nothing like Gregor either, a guy who uses pace as a weapon Vs a guy who openly admits he's scared to push it.

You're taking a fighter like Guram and saying you don't know how good he is because you haven't been able to compare him enough yet at the same time you've seen Gamrot against guys who should probably be retired and yet you're wildly confident in him. Also training with Khamzat as an argument come on... What?

If there is any value, it's on CDF pre-fight, but the Gillespie fight was a bad look. Personally, I am pretty sure that CDF will win the first round, and that's the time to get Gamrot, if you are a backer.

I'm thinking CDF pre-fight, then Gamrot and see if I can get a free roll on CDF or arbitrage to win either way.

If there is any value, it's on CDF pre-fight, but the Gillespie fight was a bad look. Personally, I am pretty sure that CDF will win the first round, and that's the time to get Gamrot, if you are a backer.

I'm thinking CDF pre-fight, then Gamrot and see if I can get a free roll on CDF or arbitrage to win either way.

CDF actually looked great vs Gregor for awhile. The problem was he got into a crazy high paced fight with a cardio machine.

In case anyone was gonna bet this fight:

Was thinking about backing Pennington via Wall and Stall there, not too sure now. I mean, the line (Raquel's) was barely worth it before, and this move clearly benefits Macy.

CDF actually looked great vs Gregor for awhile. The problem was he got into a crazy high paced fight with a cardio machine.
Yeah, but it was Gillepsie who looked completely gassed between rounds, and CDF won round 3 against Dariush who also pressured him. I dont know what happened there, but it's a red flag imo.

2c rest of the card:

Mayes/Parisian: What a shit show of a fight. Can't lay that price on Mayes, but i think Parisian is the shittest HW in the UFC and should be 0-2. He is so hittable, look at his face after round 1 against Roque of all people. He gasses ASAP, but pushes through so I will give him that. Mayes is a flake and also has shit cardio. He at least showed some IQ in sticking and moving against Roque but seemed to slow down again in the third. Big pass here.

Rocky/Macy: Shame about this being at FW, I thought Rocky was going to break Macy over 3. Macy is crap, she constantly engages in the clinch but sucks at wrestling. She has zero athletism as well as IQ and takedown defense. She has some good knees in the clinch that she spams. She was more patient in her last fight against almost retired Renau, and almost lost the fight. It was 1-1 going into the third and she gave up a takedown in the beginning. She reminds me of Randy Costa, if she can't get a meme finish the DEC is a sweat. Rocky is durable, has great cardio, pushes the pace, and will actively grapple. She has some pop on her punches too, stole rounds against Pennie with clean shots and aggression. Macy could look much better at FW, and her cardio problems might be fixed. The uncertainty has made me go from 2u on Rocky to nothing pre-bet. Macy can crack and she comes out strong early so potential live bet for Rocky.

Jourdain/Ewell: No interest in this fight. I don't know why Jourdan keeps getting favorable odds, he is clearly overrated. Ewell is a flake but is moving up now, maybe it fixes his cardio and durability problems. Hate Jourdain's striking, he shells up and gets backed up easily. He will randomly explode with some strikes and steal rounds or get a KO. 3 round striking battle, high variance, line is probably wide, but I can't get a read on these kinds of fights so passing.

Tafa/Hunsucker: What to say here. Hunsucker actually has some speed and decent power in his hands. He can also get subs over bums on the regionals. Tafa is nothing special, he is a decent striker when he comes out patient, but he sees red every now and then. The unders are the only way I would tackle this fight. How does it lose, maybe if Hunsucker changes up his style and decides to pace himself, and Tafa is scared of losing so he decides to counter. I stalked Hunsucker, and all of his posts have #killorbekilled under them so I don't think he is changing up his style. I will play the U1.5, maybe max bet U2.5 if im feeling frisky.

Barcelos/Henry: Henry is a good fighter, think he should have been in the UFC earlier. Tough task here. One big hole Henry has is how easily he gets taken down. He also gives up his back a lot. Im surprised he doesn't have more losses due to that, in his last loss the Russian dude just took him down once in each round. Barcelos is a beast everywhere, the only knock on him is he can slow down a bit, and doesn't always take the easiest route to a win. Even if he stands, Henry is pretty hittable, and the calf kick will be there all fight. Only way I see Henry winning is by Home Simpsoning Barcelos late, the same way he beat Phillips on regionals. The over 1.5 is set at 1.72 which is interesting considering Henry has never been finished.

BB/Daukaus: Hmmm was hoping I would have more conviction on Daukaus after tape. I still got him KO/DEC at 2.10 which is insane compared to his ML. His one sub win is tap due to strikes and regardless don't think he is going to try grapple Lewis. KO is the easy hedge obvs. The speed difference is going to be massive here, but on the other side Lewis will have at least 30 pounds on Chris in weight. I can see a scenario where Lewis takes a gassed Daukas down later and pounds him out. He took Ivanov and Olenyk down and attempted it against Gane. The last loss on regionals against Anyanwu is a bit concerning, but that was a Chris with a full-time job and 20 pounds heavier. If Lewis does win its probably due to Daukaus unloading and gassing. Chris went into round 2 against Shamil after almost finishing him and he seemed fine cardio-wise. I see people shitting on him due to that performance. Shamil is a very technical striker himself, he presents a lot more problems in the standup than big bursts of explosion. He's light on his feet, has good distance management and is great at countering. Lewis will do the same shit he always does, back up until it's time to run in with some hooks. If he tries to counter Chris as he comes in, Chris is getting to him first 9/10 times. His hooks are very clean, I still cant decide if he has power if it's the speed and precision that puts everyone down. There wasn't much happening in the Shamil fight, but both the shots that dropped him were so clean. I guess its a pretty volatile fight, I am banking on Daukas being light on his feet and picking his shots. I don't know Is lewis can take clean shots from Daukas, he was even making Blaydes look like a K1 champion in the first. GG everyone, hope we end the year in style.

In this case violence bet all the way to cover both sides.

I really don't like how Daukus leans forward with his chin stuck out when he's whipping those strikes.
upload_2021-12-16_0-3-42.png
This is just a random screenshot, but he does it consistently.

Back