UFC Fight Night: Santos vs. Ankalaev

I'll try Ankalaev sub at 10.He doesn't have a sub on his record but it's more to the match ups than him not having a sub game.And Thiago has been subbed before,recently against Glover,I can see Santos giving up his back on the ground

I'll try Ankalaev sub at 10.He doesn't have a sub on his record but it's more to the match ups than him not having a sub game.And Thiago has been subbed before,recently against Glover,I can see Santos giving up his back on the ground

I've bet Ank by sub in pretty every fight he's had in the UFC, never been close to even attempting one... Will I bet it again this week? Of course

Ank has been very content to match his opponents pace. So it really depends on the approach of Thiago whether he finds a finish or not imo. And Santos has been very gunshy in his last two.

Ank has been very content to match his opponents pace. So it really depends on the approach of Thiago whether he finds a finish or not imo. And Santos has been very gunshy in his last two.
I think it's an eventuality given the 5 round nature of the match. Magomed is a sniper, and Thiago's chin is pretty suspect. If Ankalaev wrestles him often enough, I can see him finishing Santos in the championship rounds.

He has said that he knows he needs an impressive win to be next for the title shot, so obviously he's looking to finish, but how much you want to read into that I don't know. I agree 100% though, Ank is content to match his opponent as long as he feels he is slightly ahead

I think it's an eventuality given the 5 round nature of the match. Magomed is a sniper, and Thiago's chin is pretty suspect. If Ankalaev wrestles him often enough, I can see him finishing Santos in the championship rounds.

Santos chin has held up at 205 though. If he opens up like he used to I agree there is high chance he ends up sleeping.

How good is Aldrich's wrestling and subs? I haven't seen Robertson sub anyone good really. Aldrich manhandled Casey with TDs, seems to have decent wrestling and also has a brown belt.

Santos chin has held up at 205 though. If he opens up like he used to I agree there is high chance he ends up sleeping.
It has, I just think Magomed hits that hard when he gets an opening. He absolutely froze guys like Cutelaba and Lungiambula who don't seem to have bad chins either.

I will gladly fade Matthew Semelsberger the next time he fights that was worst UFC judging in a while.
AJ Fletcher fought well with two submissions but the Judges ignored the four takedowns by Fletcher.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back