UFC Fight Night: Thompson Vs. Neal

Hardy has beaten lowest of lowest competition while Tybura still actually has his ufc record on plus side. He is still rather clearly the second best guy Hardy has fought.

When has Greg Hardy ever actually looked impressive?

His biggest win is Maurice Greene, in an actual competitive fight up until the TKO.

Everyone Tybura has beaten in the past 3 years would beat Hardy. And everyone he's lost to would beat him as well.

For the life of me I don't understand how anyone can confidently bet on him. 3 years pro, padded record, horrendous cardio, no ground game, and has only KO'd actual bums.

I mean the best thing he's done in his career is not getting finished by a tentative Volkov who just came back off of a suspension.

Hardy will certainly win the first round (or KO Tybura in the first round). Whether he gasses after that remains to be seen.

When has Greg Hardy ever actually looked impressive?

His biggest win is Maurice Greene, in an actual competitive fight up until the TKO.

Everyone Tybura has beaten in the past 3 years would beat Hardy. And everyone he's lost to would beat him as well.

For the life of me I don't understand how anyone can confidently bet on him. 3 years pro, padded record, horrendous cardio, no ground game, and has only KO'd actual bums.

I mean the best thing he's done in his career is not getting finished by a tentative Volkov who just came back off of a suspension.

I guess some people are relying on his potential? Who knows maybe he will show something he hasn't shown yet. I wouldn't bet on it personally.

I don't disagree but Tybura hasn't looked great in years. He has an obvious path to victory but it'd feel wrong to have any real confidence here
Tybura looked good in his last fight, both physically and skill-wise.

If he looked bad in his last fight, nobody would be backing him here.

I agree 100%. I've never been too high on Tybura, but his last fight, he looked leaner, crisper, in better shape. I was pleasantly surprised.

I think santos vs Robertson is a pretty interesting matchup.

There’s a possibility that Robertson could get her down but I’m having thoughts of what maycee barber was able to do to gillian and how gillian quits in fights.

Santos has power and she’s much better on the feet. I also think she can stuff gillians takedowns but I’m not sure how consistently she can do that and whether she can get back up if it happens.

I played santos ko small so far. I actually lean santos but not sure whether I want to play her ml yet. I was hoping for better odds. The market loves Robertson and I think she gets steamed at some point

He still lost the first round vs a very old and slow rothwell

And Hardy would probably win round 1 against Rothwell and gas hard and get ko'd or lose the next two rounds.

I hate to use MMA math, but Tybura beat Arlovski, who is the ultimate gatekeeper at HW.

I think Arlovski would smoke Hardy(and by that I mean win a decision) the same way he does against all these up and comers.

Hardy has fought no one. He's improving, but what do you people see that makes him impressive enough to bet on at -120?

His KO's over people with sub .500 records?

I mean don't get me wrong, if he comes out in round 1 and starches Tybura, will I be completely shocked? No. But the probably of that happening is incredibly low.

I'd cap Tybura at -300. Which is why I'm going to play him big at his current odds.

If they were both BWs with the same skillset, Tybura would be -1000. But since they're HWs, and Hardy has shown he can KO low level competition, the odds are close.

I think santos vs Robertson is a pretty interesting matchup.

There’s a possibility that Robertson could get her down but I’m having thoughts of what maycee barber was able to do to gillian and how gillian quits in fights.

Santos has power and she’s much better on the feet. I also think she can stuff gillians takedowns but I’m not sure how consistently she can do that and whether she can get back up if it happens.

I played santos ko small so far. I actually lean santos but not sure whether I want to play her ml yet. I was hoping for better odds. The market loves Robertson and I think she gets steamed at some point
I can see a similar outcome as the Barber fight as well. Santos should have a major size and strength advantage here.

Apparently pink eye.

Yeah pink eyes are bad they do last a while. Hopefully its not a sign of coivd. None the less hopefully he gets well. To bad about the fight cancellation this fight was in the works for a while.

^ this is really sad news to hear about someone as young as him.

That's sad, I remember him posting pics of being in the hospital a few months ago.

It actually had nothing to do with me capping the fight for WB, I think if they're both at 100%, WB wins.

But maybe we'll finally see WB's reflexes slow down due to his age, and Neal may gas quicker than usual due to his heart issues.

That's sad, I remember him posting pics of being in the hospital a few months ago.

It actually had nothing to do with me capping the fight for WB, I think if they're both at 100%, WB wins.

But maybe we'll finally see WB's reflexes slow down due to his age, and Neal may gas quicker than usual due to his heart issues.
7 minute pace for 8 miles is pretty damn good, I doubt cardio will be an issue especially with WB style..I think the big question is can he get inside on WB

To cap Tybura as a wide fav you have to basically say Hardy has learnt no TDD at ATT in the last 2 years and that Tybura will actually bother to wrestle hard. Given Hardy has shown vast improvements in that timeframe in the areas he has shown and Tybura looked close to shot not long ago, I'm especially doubtful and don't think anyone can possibly say either of those things definitively.

7 minute pace for 8 miles is pretty damn good, I doubt cardio will be an issue especially with WB style..I think the big question is can he get inside on WB
Yeah, this heart condition thing won't factor in for the fight. Was just saying that it's uncommon for a young person to have that, it's probably some genetic thing and I'm worried he might randomly get a heart attack or something of the sort.

Tybura was able to see Ben's punches well. He rolled with them and simply prepared for them. It is the punches he doesn't see that knocks him out and Hardy can do just that. I feel training with Rashad will help him. He seemed like a lone wolf at ATT. I don't think AA ever help him prepare or vise versa.

Kevin Holland found a way to finish him back when they were both incredibly green, so I wont look much into that fight.

Niko Price was landing a lot of shots on him, before Neal was able to finish him.

I remember Belal landing a lot of shots on him in the 3rd round of their fight, too. Belal was outclassed, but Neal seemed to fade.

WB offers no TD threat like Belal, but I just think WB is sharper, has better counters, and is faster than Neal.

Neal doesn't have the power that Luque has either, who WB thoroughly dismantled. But I'm starting to use MMA math, so I digress.

I think because with all the new bettors, they google the names and go off that. Marcin Tybura has a unassuming body type. Kinda fat even.

Whereas if you google Hardy, all you see is this giant black dude with douchey tribal tats. Greg def has a punchers chance and has a good team behind him.

yea all the new bettors that bet ufc fights a week before the card by googling images of the fighters :rolleyes:

To cap Tybura as a wide fav you have to basically say Hardy has learnt no TDD at ATT in the last 2 years and that Tybura will actually bother to wrestle hard. Given Hardy has shown vast improvements in that timeframe in the areas he has shown and Tybura looked close to shot not long ago, I'm especially doubtful and don't think anyone can possibly say either of those things definitively.

To credit Hardy, he did stuff that bum Juan Adams' sloppy takedown and smash his head in. I would be hesitant to back Tybura if anyone is expecting him to have success taking down & controlling one of the biggest (non fatty) heavyweights in the UFC.

Last edited:
Back