UFC Fight Night: Till vs. Vettori

I'm liking Ansaroff without having done a lot of studying, but I'm wondering if she's slightly overrated in our eyes? Like, does the Gadelha win age well given during that timeframe Gadelha was in that downslide (and still somewhat is IMO)? That is Ansaroff's best win, and over time her win against Hill likely looks much better now.

I'm not agreeing with any concerns about what to expect out of Ansaroff at this point with the layoff - I think it more so boils down to what kind of fight are we going to see out of Dern? She's always moving forward, and throwing (albeit kind of wildly)...I don't know if the actual takedown is a massive threat more so than worrying more about whether Dern just holds Ansaroff up against the cage with the threat of taking her down and it looks like in the judges eyes Dern is controlling the fight? If the fight stays standing however, you've got to figure Dern's at a disadvantage here.

This isn't a slight at you, as I respect the shit out of your takes.

But you were huge on Jack over Jared, you basically said something a long the lines of, "no way Hermansson loses this fight, right?"

Is it possible we're all actually overating Hermansson, and underrating Brunson?

I'm in the same boat as you, my initial thoughts, and current thoughts are Holland is shit, and Vettori wins handedly.

But as I think about it more, if this fight happens before the Brunson/Hermansson fights for each, Holland would be -150.

I just have a really bad feeling this is a trap fight. That being said, I'd never play Holland.

Ya I was huge on Hermannson and should have hedged out of that position but can’t win em all.

I said before the Brunson/Holland fight that Holland is always an awful bet because he’s just trying to get famous and be funny which he’s kind of funny but Vettori ain’t coming in to fuck around.

Kevin Holland was always a shitty fighter before he got setup with complete and total cans in 2020. He has atrocious cardio, he can’t stuff a takedown and he’s helpless on the ground. I really see no PTV for him at all. He has power (against cans) but if he couldn’t flash TKO Brunson, he’s not flashing Marvin.

Oh and no slight taken

Ya I was huge on Hermannson and should have hedged out of that position but can’t win em all.

I said before the Brunson/Holland fight that Holland is always an awful bet because he’s just trying to get famous and be funny which he’s kind of funny but Vettori ain’t coming in to fuck around.

Kevin Holland was always a shitty fighter before he got setup with complete and total cans in 2020. He has atrocious cardio, he can’t stuff a takedown and he’s helpless on the ground. I really see no PTV for him at all. He has power (against cans) but if he couldn’t flash TKO Brunson, he’s not flashing Marvin.

Oh and no slight taken
Right?! This is a dude who got choked out by Brendan Allen and lost (judges got it wrong) to Gerald Meerschaert, and now we're supposed to believe he's a top tier middleweight because he knocked out Dinossauro Souza and Charlie Nobody?

"But fighters improve!"
Yeah, sure, but those losses were both in 2019...

Right?! This is a dude who got choked out by Brendan Allen and lost (judges got it wrong) to Gerald Meerschaert, and now we're supposed to believe he's a top tier middleweight because he knocked out Dinossauro Souza and Charlie Nobody?

"But fighters improve!"
Yeah, sure, but those losses were both in 2019...
Even more funny, he was getting hit by Charles Who the Fook is that guy? Holland actually decided to grapple after he got tagged with a crescent kick( who gets hit with a freaking cresent kick?)

Listening to a prediction video and apparently Makdessi is coming off an ACL reconstruction and almost no fight camp. Anybody have an opinion on Ignacio?

Listening to a prediction video and apparently Makdessi is coming off an ACL reconstruction and almost no fight camp. Anybody have an opinion on Ignacio?
35-0 amateur kick boxer, massive frame. I think he is decent at -190.

I'm liking Ansaroff without having done a lot of studying, but I'm wondering if she's slightly overrated in our eyes? Like, does the Gadelha win age well given during that timeframe Gadelha was in that downslide (and still somewhat is IMO)? That is Ansaroff's best win, and over time her win against Hill likely looks much better now.

I'm not agreeing with any concerns about what to expect out of Ansaroff at this point with the layoff - I think it more so boils down to what kind of fight are we going to see out of Dern? She's always moving forward, and throwing (albeit kind of wildly)...I don't know if the actual takedown is a massive threat more so than worrying more about whether Dern just holds Ansaroff up against the cage with the threat of taking her down and it looks like in the judges eyes Dern is controlling the fight? If the fight stays standing however, you've got to figure Dern's at a disadvantage here.
I feel like I need to tape this one more but I'm starting to like Nina more. I always wonder how fighters will look coming back from a layoff or why they even do in the first place sometimes. I imagine Nina was getting stir crazy playing house mom while the Lioness was out mauling her prey.

I'm tempted to lean that Nina will be in form here. I doubt she is coming back for money, I imagine Nunes is fuckin loaded. Especially after retiring Megan so recently. Normally I don't put much stock in fighter couples either but Nina being so close with Nunes could be a massive benefit.

Nunes is much bigger and assuming they spar hard together no one is going to be able to hit Ansaroff as hard as the double champ. Dern's takedowns aren't great from what I remember but Nunes is also an excellent wrestler. Maybe I'm putting too much faith in the company Nina keeps but I could see her benefiting massively from spending so much time with the current female GOat.

I wish I could get out of my Dern bet. 80% of the public is on her, and she's not going to win. William Hill doesn't let you cash out, unlike DK/FD/etc

Other than that, I have $100 on Alvey at +160, and I'm thinking about a $500 Solecki/Vettori parlay @ -110.

Do we call her Nina Nunes now? Better ring than Ansaroff I think, who doesn't love some good alliteration? Not sure when but I know they got married. At least on her IG she is hyphenated and going by Nina Ann-Nunes, and new/ ann-Nune?

Perry sounding alot more motivated and cerebral than his normal fair to me. Not sure how I forgot about his beef with Till. He claims to be happy Till is off the card because he doesn't have to worry about slapping him now. Probably still salty that about Till saying he was going to raw dog the mother of Perry's child I guess.

Speaking of Perry's son this part might be relevant. Latory was pregnant with his child during both of Mikes last fights. She was about ready to pop during the Tim Means fight, I could see why his head might not be completely focused on mma in that case.

Now that his son is 3 months old Perry seems much more focused and even keeled. Training with MMA Masters and even says he has done a little tape on the SP in DRod. If Perry looks good on the scale and his line keeps getting closer to +180 - +200 I'm definitely taking a stab. A focused Platinum Papa with a decent training camp is a dangerous proposition.

Ignore the pad holder here. Seems like Perry has been working on his switch stance and the extension in his shots. I liked the quote from the bottom too "I'm focused! I want to be successful more than I want to breathe"

Heh, what?

Impa was in total control during the whole fight. I don't think he was ever being "picked apart" or in trouble. Judges also had it all 3-0 Impa so idk bro.

Buckley is a chaotic striker and can meme lots of good guys in his division. Palatnikov has terrible TDD too I could see Impa just grinding him out too if he needs to which I don't believe because Impa is better everywhere. Widest margin in wrestling in between these two
I thought Pittolo was clearly winning round one, until Impa unloaded with a barrage against the cage that was mostly blocked. Still smart IQ by Impa and he got the round in the judges eyes. He was tagging Impa who had a high guard and kept ducking his head into uppercuts, but luckily is very durable. Impa did control rounds 2 and 3 when Pittolo seemed to menially fade.

Perry sounding alot more motivated and cerebral than his normal fair to me. Not sure how I forgot about his beef with Till. He claims to be happy Till is off the card because he doesn't have to worry about slapping him now. Probably still salty that about Till saying he was going to raw dog the mother of Perry's child I guess.

Speaking of Perry's son this part might be relevant. Latory was pregnant with his child during both of Mikes last fights. She was about ready to pop during the Tim Means fight, I could see why his head might not be completely focused on mma in that case.

Now that his son is 3 months old Perry seems much more focused and even keeled. Training with MMA Masters and even says he has done a little tape on the SP in DRod. If Perry looks good on the scale and his line keeps getting closer to +180 - +200 I'm definitely taking a stab. A focused Platinum Papa with a decent training camp is a dangerous proposition.
There is no such thing as a Platinum Perry in a good head space. Just this year he smashed himself into a glass door while he was drunk, streamed it live on instagram while he was gushing blood everywhere. Which about coincides around the date his son was born. Also looks a bit chubby in that vid you posted.

Marquez is a durable tank of a fighter that gets stronger as the fight progress. An aging Sam Alvey who barely throws punches is cutting 20 extra pounds here and he has 4 loses and a draw recently. I really think the Cuban Missile crisis gets it done here, bout time to fade Smiling Sam in my opinion.

There is no such thing as a Platinum Perry in a good head space. Just this year he smashed himself into a glass door while he was drunk, streamed it live on instagram while he was gushing blood everywhere. Which about coincides around the date his son was born. Also looks a bit chubby in that vid you posted.
The picture of him on the pads was from January probably around that same time his son was born. I can be a bit of a fuck about myself but anyone can make improvements
Plenty of time for a tune up at MMA Masters, he seemed to pick his training up by mid February.

Time line fits here he is shredded with a solid team only 1 month later. I think the birth of his son could be an anchor of sorts to motivate him. Bets aside I genuinely hope so the man needs a sense of stability. Bets included I'm hoping he found that he in his new team.

Dude is what I would call a wildcard for sure but when he is on he is dangerous. Not going crazy but it looks like the line is swinging back toward Perry for the moment. I'm waiting to see his form on the scale but an in shape Perry has alot of advantages over Drod, strength and wrestling being two factors I see.

Last edited:
Back