UFC Fight Night: Till vs. Vettori

Still taping the Allen/Yusuf fight but I will say I don't think Arnold is much if any better of a fighter than Andre Fili. I bet Allen to beat Lentz and he looked worse than I thought in that fight, especially after rewatching it.

His boxing is good but he isn't the most well rounded and doesn't respond well to being pressured. He is a striker that prefers to reset his range rather than counter punch. Allen has good hand speed but his movements and kicking game are lackluster at best.

I like Yusuf with a grappling and power advantage here. I don't think Yusuf looked great against Fili but I doubt it is easy to hold down a wrestler from Team Alpha Male. I think Sodiq needs to crowd Allen and cut off his range but I could see a 50/50 boxing match if he does not.

Last edited:
Honestly I'd like Mike Perry alot more here if his family crest wasn't a crimson red flag. Careful betting this one in my opinion. Betting against Mike Perry you are either going against a washed up, lazy boxer or the savage that nearly beat Luque in front of his home crowd in Brazil.

Dude is either going to fuck off his whole training camp or get a bone broken mid fight and keep fighting. I like Drod for his consistency but if Perry actually shows up drinking more than alcohol and lead water this is a very winnable fight for him. I'm waiting until the weigh ins but if Dalby can beat Drod an in shape Perry can.

Last edited:
Does anyone have a solid dog they like on this card? I haven't found one

Mackenzie Dern

Would be surprised if the fight lasted more than a single round. She is going to pressure Nina, go for the takedown (which has been Derns kryptonite to some extent), and if she gets her on the ground its game over. If she has too stand she can hold her own, but considering how often Ansaroff has been taken down in the past the submission seems inevitable.

Virna Jandiroba her last opponent broke her nose and she still stood with her and won the final round.

Virna Jandiroba her last opponent broke her nose and she still stood with her and won the final round.
I mean Dern was pretty clearly outmatched on the feet against Virna. If this fight stays standing for an extended period then Dern’s getting fucked up badly imo.

I mean Dern was pretty clearly outmatched on the feet against Virna. If this fight stays standing for an extended period then Dern’s getting fucked up badly imo.
For what its worth Dern has been working on her head movement at the very least.

I might be completely wrong but wasn't it mostly a striking battle with Dern coming out on top? She attempted takedowns but didn't really get any of them.. If I remember correctly that is.

Mackenzie Dern

Would be surprised if the fight lasted more than a single round. She is going to pressure Nina, go for the takedown (which has been Derns kryptonite to some extent), and if she gets her on the ground its game over. If she has too stand she can hold her own, but considering how often Ansaroff has been taken down in the past the submission seems inevitable.

Nina is also 35. I don't recall many women in the UFC performing well at 35 other than GDR and Holm. It might be a very trivial tidbit but I already have Mckenzie in parlays due to her recent performances and overall physical attributes vs Nina's.

I honestly think Dana White is still pissed of at Hollands performance in his fight against Brunson and is throwing him to the wolves. If somehow he wins by stoppage Dana will reignite Hollands hype machine. If he gets destroyed (most likely) Dana gonna be like good riddance. WIN WIN

on another note I think we will be seeing a better mike perry on saturday and could be live for a KO. Mike Perry ITD is good value this time around

I honestly think Dana White is still pissed of at Hollands performance in his fight against Brunson and is throwing him to the wolves. If somehow he wins by stoppage Dana will reignite Hollands hype machine. If he gets destroyed (most likely) Dana gonna be like good riddance. WIN WIN

I don't think Dana will say good riddance to a guy like Holland who will step up on short notice and who has had POTN in 3 of his last 5. I do think he'd maybe quit putting him in a big fights unless desperate for a short notice though.

I don't think Dana will say good riddance to a guy like Holland who will step up on short notice and who has had POTN in 3 of his last 5. I do think he'd maybe quit putting him in a big fights unless desperate for a short notice though.

sorry didnt really word it right, I didnt mean he was going to cut him. I meant good riddance as in having to deal with promoting him heavy like they did in his last fight. will just return to being a fighter on the roster as opposed to the next champ

sorry didnt really word it right, I didnt mean he was going to cut him. I meant good riddance as in having to deal with promoting him heavy like they did in his last fight. will just return to being a fighter on the roster as opposed to the next champ
Personally I think Dana and the match makers are still too high on Holland. They want to craft him into the next Stylebender but that ain't happening. Even if he gets ragdolled here stepping up on short notice like this against Thiago Santos is what even got Holland his job/favor with the UFC in the first place.

Dana is probably just happy to keep his card in one piece. Holland will probably get feed a nice contender series can if he loses here as a thank you for saving this main event. Not unlike how Angela Hill got rewarded with the easiest rematch ever after taking a few L's. Hopefully Vettori beats him badly enough that we get a good price on him against whatever low level fighter they reward him with after this fight.

Still taping the Allen/Yusuf fight but I will say I don't think Arnold is much if any better of a fighter than Andre Fili. I bet Allen to beat Lentz and he looked worse than I thought in that fight, especially after rewatching it.

His boxing is good but he isn't the most well rounded and doesn't respond well to being pressured. He is a striker that prefers to reset his range rather than counter punch. Allen has good hand speed but his movements and kicking game are lackluster at best.

I like Yusuf with a grappling and power advantage here. I don't think Yusuf looked great against Fili but I doubt it is easy to hold down a wrestler from Team Alpha Male. I think Sodiq needs to crowd Allen and cut off his range but I could see a 50/50 boxing match if he does not.

Does Arnold have any wrestling like other Tristar guys? From the little tape I've watched of him so far it looks like he mostly just boxes guys up, which surprised me as I thought he was a wrestler. From the tape I've watched on Yusuf although he definitely hits hard he mostly just plods forward throwing bombs with no lateral movement and gets clipped in all his fights, I could definitely see Arnold outboxing him with his crisp straight 1's and 2's if he sticks and moves and doesn't stand in the pocket and try to bang with Sadiq. Sadiq also got taken down in his fights against Gomez and Fili pretty easily although he's such a beast he just powers back to his feet. If Arnold has good wrestling like other tristar guys and he mixes in his takedowns with his nice boxing I can see a clear path to victory for him, I just don't know if he has the TD ability I need to watch more of his fights.

Does Arnold have any wrestling like other Tristar guys? From the little tape I've watched of him so far it looks like he mostly just boxes guys up, which surprised me as I thought he was a wrestler. From the tape I've watched on Yusuf although he definitely hits hard he mostly just plods forward throwing bombs with no lateral movement and gets clipped in all his fights, I could definitely see Arnold outboxing him with his crisp straight 1's and 2's if he sticks and moves and doesn't stand in the pocket and try to bang with Sadiq. Sadiq also got taken down in his fights against Gomez and Fili pretty easily although he's such a beast he just powers back to his feet. If Arnold has good wrestling like other tristar guys and he mixes in his takedowns with his nice boxing I can see a clear path to victory for him, I just don't know if he has the TD ability I need to watch more of his fights.
I only rewatched his last fight so far so I might not have the full picture. Seems like Allen's grappling is more defensive than anything but he does have subs on his record. He seemed very uncomfortable when Lentz tried to close distance on him. Honestly I expect Sodiq to be the one wrestling here. I want to say he won most of r2 against Fili by pinning him to the mat.

My problem with Allen sticking and moving is his footwork is pretty predictable and he doesn't counter punch when pressured. He doesn't punch much while moving at all, usually prefering to plant his feet at range. Sodiq's footwork isn't great but Allen's movement is super easy to read. He doesn't utilize many angles and usually backs straight up when pressured before circling either left or right to reset his range. It's possible Allen has gotten better but unlike Fili I do not like Allen's inability to punch while backing up and discourage his opponents from advancing. I think if Sodiq can force trades and make it a less technical type of fight Allen will struggle to adapt. Allens lack of KO's and use of mainly single shots over combinations has me favoring Yusuf as well. I could see either man winning a decision but I think Yusuf has a better chance at getting a stoppage.

Is that video of her recently training? her movements seems good.
Seems like it, she posted it a week ago. I can only assume her overall striking has been polished up a bit. I thought she looked pretty solid in that clip. I'm more of a grappling guy though so someone with more striking experience might have a better take on it.

Back