UFC Fox 20: holm vs shevchenko - chicago

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its a bad style matchup for Elkins, he takes him down, then what? Thats exactly where Pepey wants it and its not like Elkins is a power guy who can knock Pepey out. Just look at the recent Arantes Sanders fight. Wrestler takes him down, bjj guy eventually catches him. But I do like Elkins via decision prop bet. Hopefully hes worked his standup enough to be able to win.

Last edited:
Jones brother Arthur Jones failed a PED test. Fucking lol. How long this family been juicing for?

The sliver of hope Jon Jones had for getting away with it by blaming a substance is gone now. <mma1><36>.

Has the buffer brother popped? I know he smoked spice and thought he died or something.
Chandler is a beast of a player.

Match up wise, it probably wouldn't be smart to keep clinching up with Pepey who will throw up a flying triangle..

You should temper ur bets with a flyer on that sub line tho you know there's no way in hell Pepey wins a decision against any UFC fighter.

Elkins is more tailor made for someone that's uncomfortable on their backs, and that's not Pepey.

Just a bit of Devils advocate but yeah, that dude sucks.
I don't think Elkins has ever even come close to being submitted besides that loss to Do Bronx in his 2nd UFC fight. Pepey has some fancy stuff but once you get by that its gonna be Elkins giving him an Elkinsing all day.

I have some on Pepey No SC at the amazing price of -115 just in case

I don't think Elkins has ever even come close to being submitted besides that loss to Do Bronx in his 2nd UFC fight. Pepey has some fancy stuff but once you get by that its gonna be Elkins giving him an Elkinsing all day.

I have some on Pepey No SC at the amazing price of -115 just in case
Nice work on that-115 line. Awesome indeed.

fight pass:

henrique-smoliakov
smellkyov is a big boy. in at 251. doesn't look fit, but looks strong.
henrique looks heavier. in at 253. not HORRIBLE, not great.
they're the same size. henrique shoves smoliakov for no reason whatsoever.

alers-knight
knight is a lean 145, but looks good
alers looks outstanding. as good as ever.
knight is maybe 1" taller if that? even tho listed 3" taller

oliveira-moontasri
moontasri looks medicore. not bad, but idk why he isn't fighting at 155.
howboy looks solid. about as good as usual at 170 IMO.
they're very similarly sized. two guys who would/should be big 155'ers.

fox prelims:

prazeres-cottrell
cottrell looks decent. natural 145'er not cutting much.
prazeres a tank as always. looks strong as hell.
cottrell is 3" taller, prazeres' torso is twice as big, lol

yakovlev-usman
yakovlev looks alright. not the best he's looked. not the worst.
usman is ripped as hell as always. freakin shredded.
yako is 3" taller.
how he made 155 is beyond me.

elkins-pepey
pepey looks leaner and less cut than usual. he doesn't look bad by any means, but noticably less ripped.
elkins lean & awkward as always. about as good as he's ever gonna look
awkward as hell staredown, hahaha. elkins is 1" taller maybe?

saenz-wineland
wineland looks good. lean as always. he's looked stronger in the past, tho.
saenz looks alright. same as usual for him.
wineland is 2" taller

fox main:

herrig-curran
curran looks fit. just more solid than her earlier ufc fights.
herrig absolutely shredded.. best she's ever looked
herrig maybe 1" taller, but they're similarly sized (curran shoes on)

ngannou-mihajlovic
mihajlovic looks mediocre at best. 228, soft... should easily make 205...
ngannou is gigantic. 259. true HW. same as usual imo.
ngannou is 6+" taller (mihajlovic had shoes on)

melendez-barboza
melendez looks pretty decent despite the layoff/etc. he never looks GREAT, this is better than i expected him to look.
barboza lean and shredded as always. looks great.
they actually look the same size.

shevchenko-holm
shevchenko looks excellent. rockin that 6-pack more than before. 133, tho...
holm looks actually quite good, i was wrong from vids. still strong as hell.
holm is 3+" taller and just bigger, looks stronger.

i'm hedging my shevchenko action. holm just looks so much bigger.

Gonna be betting holly I think. Especially at around -200

Alers down to -140 too

Every one of the dummies at BloodyElbow picked Aalers to win. Big confidence boost for my bet on Knight.

Is it me or does Ngannou look less muscular?

Those early weigh ins guys do look less in size due to that water and weight loss, but I looked at the normal fake weigh ins and ngannou looks better and more defined so don't think its anything to be concerned about, ngannou still looks a total specimen.

Guys the lnp rules are not in effect yet and might never be, they are looking over it and it will propably pass but dont make any bets based on that for know

thanks not aware of this, still I oddly feel it maybe sitting in the judges minds just look at black beast over roy, guess with elkins the grinder we shall see soon enough.

Also thinking on Oliveira vs Moontarsri over 1,5

Fight has tons of ??? but seems great for LB. Any of em can finish at anytime.

I'm on Knight as well. I don't feel that strongly on it because he doesn't look great himself, but I do feel strongly against betting on Alers here. I don't know why he's thought of highly. Prior to Miller/Caceres, a lot of people were talking about Cole Miller clowning him standing as if that was a big achievement.
I was on Miller in that fight and I immediately regretted it. If I recall correctly, people here were high on Alers for a long time and I just couldn't understand it, so I bet Miller. But then Alers-Miller was way too close for comfort. No action on this fight for me but I pick Alers.

Fake weigh ins was interesting did not expect Luis henrique to push and shove like that, confidence increase in my itd play on my backup hedges :)

Even pepy looked serious against elkins, elkins alpha chest display was just an arkward display lol

Herring looks ripped, but one year lay off but that decision line still good over at b365

bojan did not look too scared but then ngannou just stood there like the freak specimen he is, massive size and height difference also.

melendez looked similar but forgot he too has had a long lay off (1 year +) and barboza looked ripped and shredded.

Holm with that size, muscle and height advantage and we know she uses it perhaps the best in wmma.

Those early weigh ins guys do look less in size due to that water and weight loss, but I looked at the normal fake weigh ins and ngannou looks better and more defined so don't think its anything to be concerned about, ngannou still looks a total specimen.

thanks not aware of this, still I oddly feel it maybe sitting in the judges minds just look at black beast over roy, guess with elkins the grinder we shall see soon enough.

I don't think Ngannou cuts weight so that shouldn't matter TBH.

Holm Unanimous Decision +187 on Ladbrokes, not sure if been mentioned

Looks pretty big to me with the decision line sitting at around +100, put 1U on but tempted to go back for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back