UFC London: Thomas Aspinall vs. Marcin Tybura, July 22

Agree with all points. I just worry that one thing that's really overlooked in WMMA is the type of takedowns. They matter more as opposed to the men. Trips are easier to defend versus someone shooting for a takedown using their opponents momentum against them, something stoliarenko has done against bigger girls. She looks for the trips more, but to think the other types are out of the question is what I think we might be overlooking. Maybe I'm wrong and it's as easy as we all think it should be for Molly

That's fair, but Julija is just so fixated on that armbar that it's almost that or bust for her. She's pretty good at it but by now it's likely Molly's camp was geared around staying out of anywhere that an armbar is possible from.

The striking is so lopsided imo, and Julija gets uber aggressive even if she hits a TD to where Molly getting up easily is in play.

Think Molly gets it done itd here...but...WMMA so...yeah.

It amazes me Yanal is an underdog, dude is blue chip good striking solid wrestling and has a dog mentality. Only thing I can think of is that he’s kinda small?
Still amazes you?

Inb4 you say Ashmouz broke his hand. Yes he did but Duncan was winning even before that so yes.

Back