News UFC to stop working with USADA from 2024

Good decision?

• Total voters
USADA is throwing a tantrum about losing their cash cow, the UFC, since they've been kicked to the curb and are using Conor as the scapegoat.

UFC is not their cash cow :

cmgQ3ex.jpg

https://www.usada.org/wp-content/uploads/2022-USADA-Annual-Report.pdf

Their main activity is outside UFC, they don't need UFC :

BOtpeUI.png

UFC chose to become a circus show, Dana White privilege wasn't apparently enough to promote their fake fighters.

Yet, this thread is brimming to the gills with idiotic takes and conspiracy theories. Suredawg gonna Suredawg.

Fortunately, you're here to enlighten us <seedat>

You're clearly stupid and don't write that much trying to explain your stupid opinion.

Yes trt is a steroid ha testosterone. Do you know what his test levels were at?

There are wrestlers that still wrestle that do more juice than Benoit just like there are hundreds of thousands of gym goers that do more.

You don't think maybe this guy had something mentally wrong with him? Maybe from the hundreds of concussions? You want to blame steroids and you have no clue what you're talking about.

Clearly your dense..

Im talking about steroid use without a doctor aka steroid abuse vs TRT...

U mentioned TRT

Yes there both Testosterone...but the usage is the key part.

Do you think bodybuilders are just using TRT? Lol

Im talking about unregulated use of illegal steroids , which with a lack of testing would be allowed ..

Your the one bringing up TRT with is a prescription based treatment from Drs.

And Chris Benoit had 10 times the normal amount of testosterone in him when he died...

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/us-ben...d use has lingered as,his system when he died.

One of the main theories behind the incident was roid rage...u goof

I cannot believe the amount of fans on here that are in favor of USADA leaving the sport. I think it is an atrocious decision for the sport.

All sport played on a professional level (and I'd argue some sports on a non-professional level) should have compulsory drug testing from a legitimate agency. The very nature of sport is that it is played on a level playing field and is as safe as possible for the athletes. I feel tremendously sorry for the clean athletes in the UFC today. This decision has pretty much forced them to join the arms race to get as juiced as possible in order to compete. What a fucking horrible day for them today. The UFC have said to them.....fuck your health and get jacked up for your job.

Some athletes at any sport will always try to beat the system. But, you still need that drug testing there to at least offer some sort of deterrent. I absolutely believe the deterrent is there as the sport is 100% cleaner that what it was in its early days. To throw the testing away and have a free for all is a fucking disgraceful decision.

1) 99.9 percent of all high level athletes are using PEDs. and the ones that aren't are fucking naturals just "built different"; rare but not non-existent

2) the entire history of humanity - no, existence- is an arms race. as long as men compete against one another for resources, mating rights, and just to survive for that matter, we will always be part of an everlasting arms race

3) to the bolded: again, nobody is forcing anybody to use PEDs "in order to compete". nobody is forcing anybody to compete in mma anyways. there are many other ways to make a living in todays societies that do not involved hand to hand combat.

but, the bottom line is that more enhanced athletes equates to more enhanced profits. every other major sport realizes this and it is why every other major sports athletes are using a ton of PEDs - even if there is "testing". i will compare two fights for example:

Vitor Belfort vs Luke Rockhold

and

Fabricio Werdum vs Aleksei Oleinik

i watched both of these fights with some friends when they happened. the first fight - Belfort vs Rockhold- literally got some of these guys into following mma with a passion, it was mind blowing to them. compare that to Werdum vs Oleinik who looked like a couple of skinny fat middle aged men who could barely move and frankly made the entire sport look like a bush league

if the UFC wants to compete with every other major sport, its athletes have to be enhanced to the same degree as all the other major sports. that is what the viewer base; the fans; the money flowing into the sport...wants

The era of Mortal Kombat is back baby!

GSP, Vitor, Overeem, and Lesnar will all re-sign with the UFC in 2024

1) 99.9 percent of all high level athletes are using PEDs. and the ones that aren't are fucking naturals just "built different"; rare but not non-existent

2) the entire history of humanity - no, existence- is an arms race. as long as men compete against one another for resources, mating rights, and just to survive for that matter, we will always be part of an everlasting arms race

3) to the bolded: again, nobody is forcing anybody to use PEDs "in order to compete". nobody is forcing anybody to compete in mma anyways. there are many other ways to make a living in todays societies that do not involved hand to hand combat.

but, the bottom line is that more enhanced athletes equates to more enhanced profits. every other major sport realizes this and it is why every other major sports athletes are using a ton of PEDs - even if there is "testing". i will compare two fights for example:

and

i watched both of these fights with some friends when they happened. the first fight - Belfort vs Rockhold- literally got some of these guys into following mma with a passion, it was mind blowing to them. compare that to Werdum vs Oleinik who looked like a couple of skinny fat middle aged men who could barely move and frankly made the entire sport look like a bush league

if the UFC wants to compete with every other major sport, its athletes have to be enhanced to the same degree as all the other major sports. that is what the viewer base; the fans; the money flowing into the sport...wants

1)this is a myth that unathletic people and caught cheaters use as a excuse...many athletes are not on steroids or peds...its the oldest excuse in the book .." why did you cheat sir" " well everyone else is soo" .. no ..not everyone is ... Because PEDs and Steroids have health consequences and side effects that most people wouldn't want ...fat people/out of shape people be like well ofcourse there good and healthy because they use drugs .. no...there just disciplined athletes who dont eat shit food and workout/train hours a day .. consistently...

2) wtf r u even talking about PEDs an Steroids are a new age thing...they didn't exist before world war 2 ...the germans created them when they were trying to make Nazi super troopers... Sports before that period did not have PED issues ..

3)the dumbest take...so basically if your not willing to take drugs then this sport isnt for u...how fucking stupid is that...sports are supposed to be for everyone .. thus the importance of keeping things fair ..

I am a life long Martial Artists and someone looking to fight MMA , ive never taken PEDs nor would I.. u shouldn't have to take drugs to be a fighter thats just silly as fuck...

This is such a bullshit argument... USADA is not there to erase doping, but to limit doping.

Just like laws are not there to erase improper behaviours but to limit them.

But we always see the same lamest arguments on Sherdog, it never ends...

and

You are clearly a fucking moron. To say 99% of ufc fighters are on performance enhancing drugs is absolute bullshit. There will always be sportsmen who try to beat the system and Im sure some of those would be in the UFC now. But you cannot deny that since USADA is in the UFC, the sport is certainly cleaner than what it was in the early days. If you can't see that, you are a bigger dickhead than I thought. As another poster said, the effectiveness of USADA is to "limit" drug cheating and I think they have been absolutely successful.

With your 3rd point, throwing out drug testing would certainly lead to more people taking drugs in order to compete in the sport.....which is a big fuck you to many martial artists who by nature, lead clean healthy lives. They should not have to retire because they don't want to take drugs.

As for your point of the UFC falling behind due to clean athletes (you completed contradicted yourself in your post by saying most take drugs).....that is another bullshit take. The standard of fights in the UFC has NEVER been higher than it has been over the last five years.

Last edited:
You are clearly a fucking moron. To say 99% of ufc fighters are on performance enhancing drugs is absolute bullshit. There will always be sportsmen who try to beat the system and Im sure some of those would be in the UFC now. But you cannot deny that since USADA is in the UFC, the sport is certainly cleaner than what it was in the early days. If you an't see that, you are a bigger dickhead than I thought. As another poster said, the effectiveness of USADA is to "limit" drug cheating and I think they have been absolutely successful.

With your 3rd point, throwing out drug testing would certainly lead to more people taking drugs in order to compete in the sport.....which is a big fuck you to many martial artists who by nature, lead clean healthy lives. They should not have to retire because they don't want to take drugs.

As for you point of the UFC falling behind due to clean athletes (you completed contradicted yourself in you post by saying most take drugs).....that is another bullshit take. The standard of fights in the UFC has NEVER been higher than it has been over the last five years.
With how little UFC pays the vast majority of their fighters, there's no way on god's green Earth 99% of them are doping lol
And even if that were somehow true, cheating doesn't become excusable because "someone else is doing it too"
It's god damn pathetic

One thing this will do is announce the biggest sissies in the fan base.

Who's already came out of the closet in here?

Things were more entertaining when guys were allowed to fight juiced to to gills. UFC should take the same approach as other American based sports and do just enough testing to avoid congressional oversight.

One thing this will do is announce the biggest sissies in the fan base.

Who's already came out of the closet in here?
Ooooooooooooooooooooooooooo shittttttttttttt! A tough guy with 1000 wins in the Octagon is here!!!!!

I voted no, but that does depend upon what replaces USADA (if anything)...because if it is just commission testing, then we are in for a shit show.

IMHO, it is shameful on the part of the UFC if the Conor situation is indeed what caused this to fall apart. I could write more, but will wait to see how this shakes out.

UFC is not their cash cow :

cmgQ3ex.jpg

https://www.usada.org/wp-content/uploads/2022-USADA-Annual-Report.pdf

Their main activity is outside UFC, they don't need UFC :

BOtpeUI.png

UFC chose to become a circus show, Dana White privilege wasn't apparently enough to promote their fake fighters.

Fortunately, you're here to enlighten us <seedat>

Outside of Federal Grants and Olympic Committee contributions, which are both paid by the government, the UFC is practically their only other stream of revenue. The UFC is paying them $7 million a year, which is a quarter of their entire income. When you consider that they lost money last year, losing 25% of their revenue stream isn't anything to worry about, right? Most companies which are struggling to turn a profit shouldn't concern themselves with the loss of their biggest, most prominent contributor who isn't a government agency?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.mm...als-staggering-price-tag-drug-testing-ufc-mma

That’s because USADA costs UFC roughly $7 million per year, which is far too expensive for the newly-created Power Slap promotion, rolled out by White and his cronies last fall.

<seedat>

Fortunately, you're here to enlighten us.

Last edited:
I cannot believe the amount of fans on here that are in favor of USADA leaving the sport. I think it is an atrocious decision for the sport.

All sport played on a professional level (and I'd argue some sports on a non-professional level) should have compulsory drug testing from a legitimate agency. The very nature of sport is that it is played on a level playing field and is as safe as possible for the athletes. I feel tremendously sorry for the clean athletes in the UFC today. This decision has pretty much forced them to join the arms race to get as juiced as possible in order to compete. What a fucking horrible day for them today. The UFC have said to them.....fuck your health and get jacked up for your job.

Some athletes at any sport will always try to beat the system. But, you still need that drug testing there to at least offer some sort of deterrent. I absolutely believe the deterrent is there as the sport is 100% cleaner that what it was in its early days. To throw the testing away and have a free for all is a fucking disgraceful decision.
choofed.gif

Back