UFN 120 - Poirier vs Pettis - Virginia

Status
Not open for further replies.
Marlon Moraes is probably the most dangerous opponent Dodson has ever fought. One clean headkick and it's over, 13 of his 18 wins are finishes. Dodson has never been finished but he's never fought someone like Moraes.

both mighty mouse and lineker were far more dangerous and they were five round fights. tj was green and got caught early, so not a good measuring stick

john is a defensive fighter and, imo, wont take risks leaving himself open to get the win and has the footwork to evade moraes for three rounds. if he doesnt want to get kod by marlon he is not getting kod.

if dodson didnt take the risks in the biggest fight of his career(he was simply outclassed against johnson and had no hope) against lineker, where in my opinion he was clearly the superior striker, there is no reason to bet that hes going to do it here.

Marlon Moraes is probably the most dangerous opponent Dodson has ever fought. One clean headkick and it's over, 13 of his 18 wins are finishes. Dodson has never been finished but he's never fought someone like Moraes.

Moraes' best weapon is his timing. Dodson likes to jump forward to engage. If Moraes can time a left hook and spear him coming in, I think he's got enough power to put Dodson down. The only question is how long it's going to take him to get the timing. It took Moraes a full 2 rounds to figure out a much slower Assuncao. By the time he gets going, it might already be too late. He'll need to tenderize Dodson up with some leg kicks and body kicks. Lineker was landing these against Dodson in Rd1 but abandoned them mostly the rest of the fight. If Moraes can, it'll both slow Dodson down and force Dodson to jump in and engage, a fight which will favor Moraes.

both mighty mouse and lineker were far more dangerous and they were five round fights. tj was green and got caught early, so not a good measuring stick

john is a defensive fighter and, imo, wont take risks leaving himself open to get the win and has the footwork to evade moraes for three rounds. if he doesnt want to get kod by marlon he is not getting kod.

if dodson didnt take the risks in the biggest fight of his career(he was simply outclassed against johnson and had no hope) against lineker, where in my opinion he was clearly the superior striker, there is no reason to bet that hes going to do it here.
You really think Lineker and Johnson are more dangerous than Moares? I disagree, Johnson is a flyweight and Lineker isn't a true BW, Moraes is considerably bigger than both and a much more dangerous and versitile striker.

I think Moraes decision is the most likely outcome but I wouldn't be surprised to see Dodson get KO'd for the 1st time. Dodson has never fought a striker like this.

How can you say that when the lines arent even out yet?
Bro sham is so #elite he can look into the future

crystallball.gif

Moraes' best weapon is his timing. Dodson likes to jump forward to engage. If Moraes can time a left hook and spear him coming in, I think he's got enough power to put Dodson down. The only question is how long it's going to take him to get the timing. It took Moraes a full 2 rounds to figure out a much slower Assuncao. By the time he gets going, it might already be too late. He'll need to tenderize Dodson up with some leg kicks and body kicks. Lineker was landing these against Dodson in Rd1 but abandoned them mostly the rest of the fight. If Moraes can, it'll both slow Dodson down and force Dodson to jump in and engage, a fight which will favor Moraes.
Argee with this, If I'm Moraes, I'd just stay at kicking range and blast Dodson with kicks to the legs, body and head. Dodson just wants to counterpunch, try to force Dodson to lead.

Trying to box with Dodson would be a mistake IMO, kicks are key.

You really think Lineker and Johnson are more dangerous than Moares? I disagree, Johnson is a flyweight and Lineker isn't a true BW, Moraes is considerably bigger than both and a much more dangerous and versitile striker.

I think Moraes decision is the most likely outcome but I wouldn't be surprised to see Dodson get KO'd for the 1st time. Dodson has never fought a striker like this.

lineker arguably has the best left and right hook combo in mma and johnson is the most complete fighter. marlon is not going to ko john if dodson doesnt want to get kod. i think tj i the only one that might be able to finish dodson in a three round fight because he has the lateral footwork and also incorporates shifting, something elite boxers like golovkin and pirog have mastered.

Argee with this, If I'm Moraes, I'd just stay at kicking range and blast Dodson with kicks to the legs, body and head. Dodson just wants to counterpunch, try to force Dodson to lead.

Trying to box with Dodson would be a mistake IMO, kicks are key.
I also think Moraes single-strike power is better than anybody that Dodson's faced. Lineker has mostly TKOs from grinding people down, rather than taking them out with singular shots to the head.

Albini goes from +200 against Tim Johnson to -345 against Arlovski. I remember a lot were on Johnson at like -260 that fight too. Lot of perception change for one fight...

Jeeze what a shit card, gonna do an underdog lucky 15 and for small through the card accas but that is it. Most of the faves are too low in price and not worth it

Albini goes from +200 against Tim Johnson to -345 against Arlovski. I remember a lot were on Johnson at like -260 that fight too. Lot of perception change for one fight...

Completely different stylistic matchup, but yeah lol, no doubt.

I'm on Arlovski here. He's obviously way past his prime, but I think this line is too wide regardless. Not sold on Albini yet, although he clearly has the power to put Arlovski out if he lands even semi-flush.

Completely different stylistic matchup, but yeah lol, no doubt.

I'm on Arlovski here. He's obviously way past his prime, but I think this line is too wide regardless. Not sold on Albini yet, although he clearly has the power to put Arlovski out if he lands even semi-flush.

Yup, same here. Small though because dat chin. .4u Arlovski +280 and .3u KO +445 (which is now +515 btw :( )

I"m really liking the Pettis/Porier under 3.5 as well.

I either see Pettis getting an early KO, or Poirier getting a mid 3 round submission

Not seeing Pettis getting sub'd at all. If someone is getting subbed, it will be Porier imo..

That said, don't mind the bet as Poirier absolutely is going to brawl at points and someone will probably get rocked. I trust Pettis chin and precision more, but DP hits harder.

Last edited:
"People are marks" -- Zane SiGOAT on Vivisection about people betting Sage

bork1}

I am a mark...Sage coming back at the haters hard this weekend.

Can't listen to Vivi as I am at work, do they comment on the matchup or are they going full Zee's and just hating on a 21-year old uber athlete who we havent seen fight in a year?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back