UFN 157 on ESPN+ 15 Andrade vs Zhang

What is surprising about what I wrote? Zhang is a solid top 10 talent at 115 thanks to her excellent strength, size, energy, and cardio more than her actual technique, speed, or punching power, the former qualities especially enhanced by "horse meat".

I bet on Zhang (and more recently, Marina Rodriguez) to beat Torres because Torres is overrated and kind of sucks, but that's not particularly relevant to a fight against Andrade.

Didnt tecia nearly split with rose? Its not like she got destroyed by andrade and jj either. Shes had reasonably competitive fights with the top girls and half the audience think she won against rose

Last edited:
Didnt tecia nearly split with rose? Its not like she got destroyed by andrade and jj either. Shes had reasonably competitive fights with the best
Beat Rose once decisively, rematch with Rose 2.0 was a coinflip (though people will argue that Rose was totally different still lol). Took the first round off Andrade as well and handled Michelle Waterson both relatively recently.

She isn't bad just seems to have forgotten that most of her game was speed and volume.

I guess I'm (a little anyway) more impressed with Zhang than most here. Not sure if it warrants a bet where her odds are, but I think she **can** win this fight. Andrade is a beast early, but Zhang is gonna make her work and in a 5 rounder I wouldn't trust Andrade's gas tank to have much left in the later part of the fight. The striking is gonna be weird, because it's gonna be two small women throwing mostly haymakers like HW men LOL. I do think Zhang has slightly better footwork and technique, although she readily abandons it all the time so not sure how much that even matters. She's a good scrambler, but Andrade should have the grappling edge for the first half of the fight.

I also wonder about some fuckery and Zhang winning via homeland decision in any type of close fight.

+150....meh, IDK. I will say I don't agree with you guys that are paying juice on Andrade here. Personally I'd wait it out and try to see if you can maybe get Zhang closer to +200. Just my two cents.

in a 5 rounder I wouldn't trust Andrade's gas tank to have much left in the later part of the fight.

She's a good scrambler, but Andrade should have the grappling edge for the first half of the fight.

why ?

what did you see to make such assumptions ?

we have never seen zhang in a 5 rounder ever. neither did anyone really move forward against her to actually make her work and move constantly. it’s easier to maintain your cardio against harmless midgets like tecia torres or danielle taylor who fight from the outside and barely throw punches.

why ?

what did you see to make such assumptions ?

we have never seen zhang in a 5 rounder ever. neither did anyone really move forward against her to actually make her work and move constantly. it’s easier to maintain your cardio against harmless midgets like tecia torres or danielle taylor who fight from the outside and barely throw punches.

I guess due to what I talked about with both of them throwing almost every strike at full power. That takes a ton of energy (along with any grappling that takes place). I've seen Andrade start to slow down in rd 3 but Zhang seems to keep her pace despite her also constantly throwing bombs. It's some conjecture for sure, I absolutely grant you that.

There’s a reason Andrade is champ. She’s got legit talent and has gone 5 rounds with J.J.

Zhang hasn’t gone 5 rounds and hasn’t fought the level of competition that Andrade has.

I think we see a TKO from punches or GNP or a submission.

I bet Zhang in every fight but I think that Andrade will win that easily.

UFC Shenzhen odds dropping at 5Dimes. Don't hit them with fifty dollar opening limits unless you want a pittance more than 5Dimes wants us to sharpen the lines up:

1733.png

There’s a reason Andrade is champ. She’s got legit talent and has gone 5 rounds with J.J.

I dunno, I'm a bit of a hater but I don't really see her as having 'legit talent', just an abnormal level of strength (which is a talent of a kind I guess... that can also be got in less-than-legit ways...).

If you put her 'talent' into the body of the Roses or the Pennes that she's been brutalising instead of her own, I don't think she'd even be ranked.

On the other hand, I do think Zhang has legit talent. Not saying she'll win but................ :confused:

UFC Shenzhen odds dropping at 5Dimes. Don't hit them with fifty dollar opening limits unless you want a pittance more than 5Dimes wants us to sharpen the lines up:

1733.png
So the opening bets are limited to 50$ for a certain time limit?

Depends on who you are, some are limited to $2, but yes the limits rise gradually until fight time.

Last edited:
I have spent quite a bit of time thinking about the main event. I stan Weili pretty hard, have bet her every UFC fight thus far and faded Andrade vs Rose...but there are a lot of points in Andrade favor

She is the better wrestler, athlete, and power and she has INSANE ouptut. She is built for 5 round fights because she has such an insane pace and everybody except Joanna ends up getting worn down eventually.

Even though Rose was completely dominating the first round, round 2 strikes were equalish and even if Andrade slam didn't get a KO, she still probably wins round 2 with a bit of top control instead. Rose was already starting to slow a bit, so it might have been en route to 48-46 Andrade or 47-47 draw. And it's not like Rose cardio is megabad, she just won round 5 in the Joanna rematch.

So can Zhang really hang long enough to either win 3 rounds or get a finish? The latter is possible, but not super likely. Zhang's finishing almost all happens on the ground. Her striking is good enough to possibly score a knockdown against Andrade massively lol striking D and then finish on the ground. But it's a bit of a longshot.

Zhang's most likely path to victory is going to be having her cardio hold long enough to keep hitting Andrade more than she gets hit back and avoiding takedowns for 3/5 rounds enough to get homecooking score. Basically can she be the better fighter for 12.5+ minutes of the fight?

Rose was for 8 minutes, Torres was for 4.5, Gadelha for 2 minutes, Joanna for the whole 25. Joanna was pretty much engineered in a lab to give Andrade fits, and that was > 2 years ago and Andrade has likely improved since.

Zhang's cardio seems pretty good, but that still doesn't mean she can hang with Andrade for long since she doesn't have Rose's reach, speed or striking to be as dominant when fresh. And her shaky chin could have her slow due to Andrade cumulative damage. I kinda think this will be like a 5 round rendition of Andrade vs Torres w/ Andrade winning either 49-46 or via late stoppage most of the time.

Still being careful bc it's not INSANE to think Zhang could be the better fighter long enough to win a home decision or find a way to finish, but both are relatively slim. Andrade is clearly more likely to both finish and win a 5 round decision.

Even though Andrade win vs Rose was some level of fluky, she still may have won or draw without the slam and I am pretty shocked to see her trade at the same price vs a weaker opponent. Even if it's in China, I still think that's a clearly easier fight than Rose in a neutral location.

Still not sure how much I want to bet, but I feel EV should be around Andrade -200 and she has a bit of value at current odds.

andrade took a ton of damage in her last fight

Rose beat her up badly in round 1. So badly I switched sides to rose because I thought andrade was going to get finished

Dunno if it will play a factor in this fight

andrade took a ton of damage in her last fight

Rose beat her up badly in round 1. So badly I switched sides to rose because I thought andrade was going to get finished

Dunno if it will play a factor in this fight
Did she?
For the life of me I honestly can’t/didn’t see what you’re seeing. To me, Rose was a sitting duck. The slam was meme but an eventually finished Rose was clear to me. So much so I thought the live odds at 4.00 was an error. Still hammered it, of course.

Did she?
For the life of me I honestly can’t/didn’t see what you’re seeing. To me, Rose was a sitting duck. The slam was meme but an eventually finished Rose was clear to me. So much so I thought the live odds at 4.00 was an error. Still hammered it, of course.
Yeah, Andrade got cut a bit and a brief 'knockdown' which was more the fact she was off balance with her squared stance. But she didn't actually take a significant career changing beating or anything that should make a sudden difference going forward. She probably suffered more long term damage in fights like with Carmouche or Joanna. Plus people still have that generally way off perception of that fight with Rose.

Yeah, Andrade got cut a bit and a brief 'knockdown' which was more the fact she was off balance with her squared stance. But she didn't actually take a significant career changing beating or anything that should make a sudden difference going forward. She probably suffered more long term damage in fights like with Carmouche or Joanna. Plus people still have that generally way off perception of that fight with Rose.
Yea I don’t think it was career changing but rose did pummel her in round 1. Everything she landed snapped andrades head back.

I remember thinking there was no way andrade could withstand 4 more rds of this.

I had about 7 units on andrade, which is a pretty big bet for me and I decided I was going to live bet fdngtd. I panicked a bit when I didn’t see the line and bet roses juiced odds. Right after I made the bet fdngtd popped up and I was pissed

Did she?
I remember watching live thinking Rose was cruising v Andrade and the slam was the only way she looked to be able to win was a low % finish.

Damned if I'm watching again but i swear the commentary at the time was Rose was winning and Andrade looked a class below until it ended?

Back