1. The official Sherdog Store is back! Check it out! » Discuss it here! »

UFN 89 III - PBP/discussion/etc

Discussion in 'MMA Betting Discussion' started by xMaxPower, Jun 17, 2016.

1. Sham5916910 Silver Belt

Rory psychologically scarred from lawler fight.

2. PuertoRican Gold Belt

I'd take Koreshkov over Rory, especially since Rory would be the favorite at the bookies.

3. blokeybloke Prem Fred BMF Belt Holder

Cant believe how shit that fight was.

Firhas is a f'n disgrace

4. kenCs Couches, couches, couches which one should I pick? Banned

Wouldn't have minded it but I was big on Rory, Val and biggest bet Cote. Gotta eat it.

Hope everyone had a great night. Night was great, probably the best of the year and then Valarie fight happened.

5. MMAJay Green Belt

Quite alright with how this night turned out. Good fights, some hard to call. With work and no sleep involved, this event felt like a two day event, and with lille homework before the fights I end up being down about 1u because of LB Bosse fight ITD. So can't really complain and off to the next one. Has been doing pretty good the last week of Football EM.

6. YoungScholar Brown Belt

Shitty night for me as well betting wise though not as big a catastrophe as it should've been with my big bets going 1/4. Down 3.8u on the night. Staying away from bit bets on WMMA - they almost always end up costing me. Congrats to the winners!

7. kenCs Couches, couches, couches which one should I pick? Banned

Never been in a fight have you. Focusing for 5 rounds will sap your energy like crazy.

8. BluntTrauma21 Broner Brodie / Pulev Posse

Meh, shouldn't be complaining, had a good day, but going out on a Big L is never fun. Ended up pretty heavy on rory and he disappointed. I stayed away from this fight most of the week but was leaning rory so finally talked myself into pulling the trigger. Still a good day just a bad ending. Hopefully most of you guys made out alright.

9. molest Purple Belt

He went like 8-1 tonight lol, he gave Rory good advice he just didn't follow it.

10. Joseph Budden Banned Banned

Don't agree with those that think Rory was tentative. WB's angles, attacks, and ranges were outrageous. Rory did his best to find a position to land from, but WB is amazing.

11. efalk1322 Silver Belt

on to the next one boys. soo much tape coming up lol fml

12. kenCs Couches, couches, couches which one should I pick? Banned

"You're breaking him" - Firas

in the corner after he got beat for three rounds. Post GSP Tristar is trash. lol.

13. YoungScholar Brown Belt

Saying "You're breaking him" to Rory after R3 where he was most certainly behind and likely needed a finish seems like the opposite of good advice. Obviously he knows Rory and knows what he needs to say etc. but this feels like he's too close to him to deliver the cold heart truth and tell him "you need to finish this!".

14. Oblivian Aging Platinum Member

It's pretty clear that you have to pressure WB. If you watch all of the exchanges in the pocket, WB allure goes away quite a bit. With that said, he has a great control of range and you'll have a tough time getting in on him. I doubt we'll ever see it again, but Matt Brown beats him in a second fight.

15. kenCs Couches, couches, couches which one should I pick? Banned

How do you come to that conclusion?

16. blokeybloke Prem Fred BMF Belt Holder

lol twat

17. mkess101 Not the hero he deserves, but the hero he needs

Yep, probably Maia/Condit I guess.

Not sure if most of you guys remember Dean Lister or not. Still on the grappling circuit, had some MMA fights too. Won ADCC absolute at one point (was a weaker field than normal but still). Josh Barnett actually subbed him at Metamorphis recently though. Was surprising.despite the size advantage Josh had. Dean was a legit top tier grappler.

Anyway, point is his nickname was "The Boogeyman" because when he first started MMA apparently nobody wanted to fight him. They knew his grappling pedigree or whatever and allegedly guys were ducking him left and right.

Maia is the current Boogeyman of the WW division. Nobody in the top 10 wants to deal with his style. Condit will take the fight I'd imagine, and it is gonna be a HUGE deal whether it's a ME or not. In a 5 rounder I'd like Condit's chances. In a 3 rounder I'm pretty sure it would look like...almost all of Maia's recent fights.

And honestly, Oblivian has a great point. Dat WW division. After tonight, you'd better add Cerrone into the mix. Apparently at WW he brings real power in his hands. Not like he didn't already have weapons...

18. blokeybloke Prem Fred BMF Belt Holder

Firhas is coaching all of the aggression out of his fighters.

As criminal as English football academies that coach all the talent out of young players

19. Joseph Budden Banned Banned

20. blokeybloke Prem Fred BMF Belt Holder

Condit would walk him down.