1. The official Sherdog Store is back! Check it out! » Discuss it here! »

UFN 89 III - PBP/discussion/etc

Discussion in 'MMA Betting Discussion' started by xMaxPower, Jun 17, 2016.

1. kenCs Couches, couches, couches which one should I pick? Banned

You sound really sour man. Hope you had a good night but acting like a bitch aint cool. WB showed great cardio and focus.

2. Tebowned Boise Dime.

Watch out Joe B. Megan Wanted that cowboy D.

3. blokeybloke Prem Fred BMF Belt Holder

"You're breaking him Rory"

Yeah, f'n genius that.

4. Joseph Budden Banned Banned

Dean Lister's UFC fights were so boring lol I think Maia either wins a dec vs Condit or gets KOd in the third

5. blokeybloke Prem Fred BMF Belt Holder

They stared at each other for 4 rds.

6. YoungScholar Brown Belt

Interresting top at welterweight. I could see WB beating Lawler, Maia beating WB and Lawler beating Maia. Sort of a rock paper scissors situation.

With Woodley likely in the same spot as Lawler, being a nightmare matchup for Maia but probably losing to WB (although he has a better shot at beating him with wrestling if he channels that Strikeforce Woodley).

7. Joseph Budden Banned Banned

How did you know I slept with Megan Olivi?

8. Oblivian Aging Platinum Member

Possibly, but I'm not so sure. He comes in tentative and upright a lot. I'm not as high on Condit as many.

9. mkess101 Not the hero he deserves, but the hero he needs

It's easy to say that, but closing distance and pressuring a guy that's landing on the few occasions you do and shutting your grappling attempts down is deflating. Oh, and it's not the most fun getting tagged for you efforts either.

But more than any of that, Rory just isn't a pressure fighter. We talked about it on this forum. Sham and I both pointed it out. It's hard to make a guy into something he's never been like that. Asking a guy who's been mostly content to sit behind his jab to all of a sudden to try to morph into something else against a guy as accurate as Wonderboy is very tough.

And the speed difference was apparent too. Pressuring a guy with a noticeable speed advantage is extremely hard to do.

10. kenCs Couches, couches, couches which one should I pick? Banned

Really think its gonna play out like the Rory fight. Condit muay thai style is what WB thrives on. I expect a TKO late or a decision win only because Condit has a chin on him.

11. blokeybloke Prem Fred BMF Belt Holder

Were you disappointed with this fight, Ob ?

It boils my wee wee when mma media tweet out a nonsense hot take & it snowballs onto forums.

I didnt bet the fight. Looked forward to it for ages & wanted to watch as a fan. I was bitterly disappointed with it.

12. Joseph Budden Banned Banned

Would pick WB to beat Condit I think, but his attacks are just as diverse as WB, the volume could make it much harder for WB to consistently find comfortable attacks, and you know he won't give an inch and will be aggressive all fight

13. Jae Gibbz Black Belt

Worst event ever for me. My biggest bets lost, I missed out on a few hail mary parlays by a tiny bit. So upset for deciding not to do a R3 RR that would have done pretty damn good

Congrats to those that did good

14. mkess101 Not the hero he deserves, but the hero he needs

I don't think Condit or Brown beat WB at this point. Brown won partly due to pressure but also because he was able to get WB to the mat and control him for stretches while also tiring him. WB's takedown defense has improved dramatically (pretty obvious). And that bleeds over into the rest of his game. Meaning he has the confidence to strike the way he wants to because he believes he can stop people from taking him down. Brown of course would try to pressure him, but would very likely get tagged a lot.

Wonderboy can be hit in the pocket (Obvlivan stated it as his "allure goes away") but he has a seemingly solid chin and I'd venture to say Rory has faster hands and better boxing than Brown.

Condit is another of my favorites. But as has been stated I think his upright style is too stationary to work against WB's accuracy.

Maia is the guy no Wonderboy fan should want to see him matched up with for pretty obvious reasons.

15. piglord Black Belt

i actually think wb beats everyone, maia included.

16. blokeybloke Prem Fred BMF Belt Holder

He's got 3 diff kicks he can disguise from same movement, spinning shit & Pettis hands.

17. Joseph Budden Banned Banned

If Maia can't get a first round sub, which i'm pretty sure he wouldn't, I think he eventually gets KOd. Hes got great wrestling but he bullrushes into the attempts with complete predicability and doesn't have 5 round cardio. Think WB can time some hard shots on Maia coming in and hes so light on his feet. Would be very interesting fight though.

18. Joseph Budden Banned Banned

His footwork most certainly is nowhere near WB level which would really hurt him, but hes got the closest style I can think of to give WB problems. Also think Condit's boxing has gotten considerably better since returning from ACL injury. Looked the best it ever has vs Lawler.

19. kuromusha Silver Belt

Yea, Condit takes way too many clean shots. His chin may not save him as he gets older.

20. null Gold Belt

FOTN Bosse/O'Connell
    POTN Cerrone & Jotko