Media Umar Nurmagomedov on fighting Merab Dvalishvili: “I see no threat in him”

Who would win a potential fight?

• Total voters
Skill for skill, some would probably favor Umar - who has yet to prove much in the UFC - but Merab's pace, pressure and wrestling is enough to nullify any offense anyone can mount and render their defensive grappling innocuous in the process. At this point, Umar needs to fight more often and keep winning enough to even justify us humoring this type of talk from him.

Throwing random shots, endless cardio and strong wrestling are Merab's strengths. It's funny that Umar says he sees no threat in Merab while at the same time mentioning one of the things that makes Merab so successful, his unpredictable shot selection.

Who is/was lining up to fight these guys when on the up.

I dunno. Who is/was lining up to fight anyone?

What we generally see is there's always people willing to fight anyone. Cory Sandhagen has been calling out Usman Nurmagomedov recently. The narrative that nobody ever wants to fight x, y or z is just an angle, it's not real. Some guy from Kazakhstan is perfectly happy to fight Usman on short notice, it's not like he's some terror everyone is hiding behind the sofa from. He's a good fighter, good fighters get fights all the time.

If nobody ever wanted to fight Islam or Usman or Khabib how do they amass these win streaks? Because they've fought so many times it's pretty clear loads of people will fight them - even on short notice.

Imo opinion he did lose to Tibau. But the point stands that he was avoided.

He beat Dos Anjos and Johnson, both good wins at the time. So he didn't just beat Al, you know there's more to that story.

tbh he should have won the title against RDA, that was a real championship fight

but my point is, these dagestanis all have some asterisks in their records, i still see no reason to say umar is the uncrowned champion

I dunno. Who is/was lining up to fight anyone?

What we generally see is there's always people willing to fight anyone. Cory Sandhagen has been calling out Usman Nurmagomedov recently. The narrative that nobody ever wants to fight x, y or z is just an angle, it's not real. Some guy from Kazakhstan is perfectly happy to fight Usman on short notice, it's not like he's some terror everyone is hiding behind the sofa from. He's a good fighter, good fighters get fights all the time.

If nobody ever wanted to fight Islam or Usman or Khabib how do they amass these win streaks? Because they've fought so many times it's pretty clear loads of people will fight them - even on short notice.

Sandhagen ducks no man.

Lmao. Shut the fuck up and make it to your next fight first, clown.

The Umar nut-hugging is preposterous. Ducked Sandhagen & couldn't even finish Nate Maness. But yeah he beats the best BW in the world.

It's crazy how quick some are to proclaim someone without a top 30 win as the best. Last-name privilege like a motherfucker.
<LikeReally5>

Getting injured is ducking now?
<{nope}>

As a Nurmagomedov, Umar has plot armor but Merab is the chief executive officer of you know what so it's an exciting matchup.

Who is/was lining up to fight these guys when on the up.
Imo opinion he did lose to Tibau. But the point stands that he was avoided.

He beat Dos Anjos and Johnson, both good wins at the time. So he didn't just beat Al, you know there's more to that story.
They were no more avoided than any other fighter. It's a myth perpetuated for so long ppl believe it.
Screenshot_20240228_213931_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20240228_220128_Chrome.jpg
Plus Islam called out RDA for UFC 272, but only at 170 lbs. RDA agreed and Islam bitched out. Now he has yet to defend his belt vs an actual contender while denying the UFC's request to defend at UFC 297 & 298.

Last edited:
It's so stupid watching guys who most people think would win top matchups slowly crawl up the rankings. I know the match with Sandhagen was on him, but that was his 1 opportunity to break into top 5. There should be a public announcement when UFC books fights, and public notification who declined the fight and reason and also that should effect rankings. Guys who are monsters you have to wait years until they have a chance to "beat someone" to "earn" a titleshot, when Umar would be a favorite over Merab/Sean/anyone really.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Biden's Diaper
Back