UMBRELLA ACADEMY (Season 3 Trailer; Returns June 22, 2022)

Did anyone post any pictures of hot chicks?

That kinda meshes with my take from the previews. It looked intriguing but also looked like the pacing might not be enough for my addled millennial brain and I would like get bored or at least not hooked enough to watch more than a couple episodes. I still might put it on in the background at some point.

The episodes are a tight 45-50 minutes long and there's only 10. It's not a slog like Luke Cage or some other longer shows.

And how does the Mayberry feel about this?
We generally find it entertaining with some interesting characters while recognizing that there are some pacing issues. We like the subversion of typical superhero tropes and we don’t like girls with big foreheads (though some of us, weirdly, do).

We generally find it entertaining with some interesting characters while recognizing that there are some pacing issues. We like the subversion of typical superhero tropes and we don’t like girls with big foreheads (though some of us, weirdly, do).

well you know what they say about girls with big foreheads

some people complaining about the pacing...I actually liked that about the show...felt like they did a good job letting some of the questions sit before just jumping to the answers.

Dickon Tarley from GoT that got ate by the dragon isn't that bad of an actor for clear action movie type guy
like he's not really a good actor, but he has the size, presence, and slight charm to pull it off

Have you never watched black sails?

no, I I never have

I've only seen him from this show, GoT, and some random B action movie he did called Kill Ratio I believe

Black sails is a great fucking show, I would highly suggest watching it

Also, your jumpshot fucking sucks, learn how to do a fade away

My one complaint would probably be the highly functional "quirky" junky. Junkies arent the most likeable people. Also, the eye make up.

I'm on episode 9, its getting interesting the first few eps were a drag. But god damn Ellen Page is just so annoying

Watched it with my wife we enjoyed it. Was hoping there would be a real ending. Hated the cliff hanger.

This plot seems really interesting. I'm a little shaky on the cult leader seeming a bit tacky though & some of the scenes they showed seemed a little tacky. Some seemed cool though. What's the read on season 1... do they offer some good writing & acting or does it all come off a bit much like some of these scenes maybe indicate?

I thought the first season was interesting, better than expected, but Ellen Page was the weak link IMO. Just not believable in her role, kind of annoying actually. The rest are pretty good.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Biden's Diaper
Back