Economy Usa hits debt limit/ debt ceiling

I'm a Democrat this dance is done every time an they will cut a deal in the middle of the night. Friday so media talking heads don't talk about it till Monday. It will cut social programs, immigration aid, Overseas money an various spending programs.

It's not true that it's done every time. The ceiling was raised or suspended four times during Trump's presidency with no standoff and then three times in 2021 with no standoff. This is, what, the fourth standoff?

Bunker Boy: We should default on debt and ruin the economy, or negotiate the debt ceiling

Bunker Boy in 2019: We should never negotiate the debt ceiling. Its sacred

Jamie Dimon: Bunker Boy doesnt know shit

There is always a tweet for Orange Cosby.

Hold the line, force a defualt, crash the economy. It'll be fun for the whole family!

I do hope it happens.

Anyways, could the messaging be any worse? So after they canceled the meeting due to both sides negotiating, Biden team is at the same time saying there will be no negotiations at all?

McCarthy's office said Friday that he, Biden and the other leaders agreed that their staffs should continue to meet.

A source familiar with the meetings told NPR that Biden and the congressional leaders postponed their gathering because did not want interrupt the progress that was being made.

"This is a positive development. Meetings are progressing. Staff is continuing to meet and it wasn't the right moment to bring it back to principals," said the source, who spoke on condition of anonymity to describe private meetings.

McCarthy told reporters he expected another meeting with the president and congressional leaders next week.

"The staff has met for the last two days, we think it's productive for the staff to meet again," McCarthy said.

It is all theater. This happens every budget. Right now its the GOP's turn to clutch pearls because there is a Democrat President.
They cant let it happen because if we default, all the people who donate billions to the elected officials will lose tons of money over posturing bullshit.
Those donors are already making noise which is why you see the GOP offering some concessions. Our elected officials dont work for us but those whale donors, so they wont bite the hand that feeds them, National Media gets tons of air time out of it, finger pointing, which sells boner pills.
Honestly I am starting to find it boring, and all it does for either side is let them nod at their hard core base, who actually think the Shit heads in DC are actually doing something.

I'm a Democrat this dance is done every time an they will cut a deal in the middle of the night. Friday so media talking heads don't talk about it till Monday. It will cut social programs, immigration aid, Overseas money an various spending programs.

you’re both wrong. It’s not a normal occurrence and doesn’t happen all the time and it’s not both sides.

I do hope it happens.

Anyways, could the messaging be any worse? So after they canceled the meeting due to both sides negotiating, Biden team is at the same time saying there will be no negotiations at all?
In the words of Bunker Boy, there should never be any negotiations in debt ceiling

Reactions: PEB
"Lets negotiate for Ukraine or all of Eastern Europe or I'll commit to nuclear armageddon and we all die"

- Putin if we was Kevin McCarthy right now

It sounds like no deal was reached

Theres only a few days left in Congress before June 1st

Lol. Same shit, different day. One side bitches about the debt ceiling, that side demonizes the other because they don't want to raise it, deadline comes and they magically come to an understanding to raise it, money printer goes BRRRRRRR, and then we go on as usual until we grossly overspend on everything again and have to bitch about the debt ceiling surprisingly when election season is around the corner.

Lol. Same shit, different day. One side bitches about the debt ceiling, that side demonizes the other because they don't want to raise it, deadline comes and they magically come to an understanding to raise it, money printer goes BRRRRRRR, and then we go on as usual until we grossly overspend on everything again and have to bitch about the debt ceiling surprisingly when election season is around the corner.
Actually the deadline was in January.
June 1 will be the second Republican Great Depression.

Republican states would be hit hardest immediately by the debt default.

Lack of federal funding for poor red states, and big red states like Florida will have to find a way to fund the aging SS/Medicare payments

Republican states would be hit hardest immediately by the debt default.

Lack of federal funding for poor red states, and big red states like Florida will have to find a way to fund the aging SS/Medicare payments
Biden knows this full well an knows Republicans from southern states know this too. A lot of southern Republicans will face a nuclear winter if they don't get it done.

It's not true that it's done every time. The ceiling was raised or suspended four times during Trump's presidency with no standoff and then three times in 2021 with no standoff. This is, what, the fourth standoff?
I should have added when there was a Democratic President an a Republican house it came down to a threat to shut down.

Back