Usyk looking for opponent for October 12 bout

sweetviolenturg

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
For the past several months Carlos Takam has been penciled in as Usyk's opponent for his heavyweight debut. But now comes word that because Takam has signed with a new promoter that it's looking fairly certain that it's no longer the case. So, with Takam almost certainly out who will they find to replace him?
Takam would not only have been a solid test for the slick Ukranian but he'd have offered a comparison as to how Usyk fares against him as opposed to former-champion Anthony Joshua who looked mediocre in halting Takam via TKO in the 10th round. If Usyk could better on Joshua's result then the public may demand a fight between Joshua & Usyk next should Joshua & Usyk both win impressively.
But now, with that match a moot point it's time to begin searching for an opponent.
Who do you think would be a good opponent for Usyk?

Let Knowaski Eat

Last edited:
Damn, Takam was the perfect opponent, he would have given us a good reading on Usyk’s heavyweight debut.

Seems weird that they're not fighting Takam just because of a change in management. If they're gonna make it so it's a Matchroom fighter then sadly I think the best option is David Price.

Seems weird that they're not fighting Takam just because of a change in management. If they're gonna make it so it's a Matchroom fighter then sadly I think the best option is David Price.
David Price wouldn't be a bad shout. It would show us how he deals with a tall heavy in a pro match and how his power holds up. Plus Price can punch pretty hard so it will be no cake walk.

David Price wouldn't be a bad shout. It would show us how he deals with a tall heavy in a pro match and how his power holds up. Plus Price can punch pretty hard so it will be no cake walk.
Not ideal, but better than nothing I guess. It's not like Povetkin didn't beat him to get a title shot as well.

No one wants to get embarrassed by a CW lol.

For the past several months Carlos Takam has been penciled in as Usyk's opponent for his heavyweight debut. But now comes word that because Takam has signed with a new promoter that it's looking fairly certain that it's no longer the case. So, with Takam almost certainly out who will they find to replace him?
Takam would not only have been a solid test for the slick Ukranian but he'd have offered a comparison as to how Usyk fares against him as opposed to former-champion Anthony Joshua who looked mediocre in halting Takam via TKO in the 10th round. If Usyk could better on Joshua's result then the public may demand a fight between Joshua & Usyk next should Joshua & Usyk both win impressively.
But now, with that match a moot point it's time to begin searching for an opponent.
Who do you think would be a good opponent for Usyk?

seems to me no one wants to fight him?

The wbo already have him as their mandatory so if he wins (when he finally gets an opponent), he’s likely to get a shot at the champion within a couple of fights. Can’t wait to see him in with the heavies. I think he’s gonna do really well.

I thought I heard that Chisora v Parker was gonna be next.

I like the Parker fight more tbh, but no one seems to want to dance with usyk. Del Boy would fight him, Ive no doubt about it. And I think it’s a better fight for usyk than takam. A proper sized HW, with real some power

Price would be a good entry into the HW division but I’m not sure Matchroom will want to use him for a US card. Usyk/Price would be a bigger fight in the UK I think. But it’s not like they have a ton of options so we might see it.

Last edited:
Price would be a good entry into the HW division but I’m not sure Matchroom will want to use him for a US card. Usyk/Price would be a bigger fight in the UK I think. But it’s not like hey have a ton of options so we might see it.

Woud price even take the fight? This seems to be usyks problem at the moment

Woud price even take the fight? This seems to be usyks problem at the moment
I bet he would. Any fight is risky for Price because of his dodgy chin, but he might look at a smallish HW like Usyk as less of a risk. Also, Usyk has to bring more money than anyone else he might entertain at this point.

Back