News Volkanovski's coach implies that 'Topuria got lucky'

Nah not at all, Volk opened up, his fault. What I will say is that Volk looked slower and was overreacting. I always saw Volk as bulletproof, mentally, so I suspected he'd be one of the fighters who can come back better from a bad KO loss. Turns out I was wrong. Seeing Volk pull straight back with his chin in the air was wild.

I never liked Eugene
This was that Lopez cat

volk was lucky that he didn't get embarassed by topuria sooner, having those two useless fights with islam

When will he tell us how many weeks of drinking he did as well? Excuses, excuses, excuses. A rematch would probably end even quicker.

Can’t call it luck. It reminded me of Adesanya and Poatan first match in the UFC. Adesanya looked dominate for most of the fight, but you felt that Alex was getting close and if he connected, would stop Adesanya. The same with Volk and Topuria, although Volk was dodging those shots you could feel the gap narrowing.

That's the problem. To beat Topuria, he's gotta be perfect for 5 rounds. He didn't even make it 2.

Not if he can fatigue topuria in the first half of the fight with tons of clinching and what not, but yes, it's a very tough fight. Volks greatest weapon against topuria is his cardio, and he needs to find a way to make their fight a battle of conditioning.

i don't remember which announcer called it but one of them called out Volk's head movement in the first and said it was going to get him in trouble. I think the way he was moving his head back instead of the side when defending or something

Nah not at all, Volk opened up, his fault. What I will say is that Volk looked slower and was overreacting. I always saw Volk as bulletproof, mentally, so I suspected he'd be one of the fighters who can come back better from a bad KO loss. Turns out I was wrong. Seeing Volk pull straight back with his chin in the air was wild.

This was that Lopez cat
It was wild to see Volk so flustered with Ilia and how he reacted to each shot

Volk usually has got great movement and timing. Both looked significantly slower that night.

Jamahal hill said ilia showed him same combo which he used to ko volk week before fight kamaru usman one of the great said ilia is evolution of mma and one of the most skilled fighter sean also said ilia is most skilled fighter he has ever seen and there we have delusional coach and keyboard experts saying ilia was lucky :D i love this sport

Even Volk did not use any excuses like that in his post fight presser.

He said he made a mistake and Ilia capitalized on it exactly as he should've.

He actually dodged a few bullets narrowly even before that, as his chin was sky high in several of the exchanges.

They are going to need to correct that, or he is getting slept again in the hematch.

You can't play the odds like that against a power puncher.

People clinging to this "Volk was winning until he lost" bullshit, but all Volk was landing in the first were pitter patter shots while everything Top landed was doing damage. Top did more damage in 3 leg kicks than Volk did for the entire fight.

Top spent the whole fight just opening Volk up. You could see Volk slowly start to bite more on the feints, while starting to make mistakes when Top turned on the pressure. Then it was lights out.

"Lucky" lol.

Back