Social War Room Lounge Thread #320 - Don't tell me what to do, you're not my dad. Wait, are you?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are anyone else’s allergies even worse this year? (I feel like I ask this every year) but my eyes feel like there’s grains of sand in them, I’m sneezing about 9 times in half an hour (yes I counted)
Same, my nose has been very stuffy all season.

Last edited:
It's his campaign imo. But its not a good look. Should have respected the holiday that the country was founded on.
How did he disrespect anyone? There was still an Easter celebration.

If anything refusing to acknowledge the holiday would've been disrespectful to transfolks after he had done so three years in a row

"I believe in trans visibility but not when its inconvenient"

That would go against the underlying purpose of the transday. He also acknowledged Cesar Chavez day, was that offensive to Christians too?

Eesh dude. Time to clean house. Would normally put you wins at miss st, samford, kentucky. Not sure what Miami has this year.
Miami got Cam Ward in the portal so they'll beat us. And UCF got KJ Jefferson (who beat us last year at Arkansas). I can't wait to lose that shitty diploma mill at home.

It's his campaign imo. But its not a good look. Should have respected the holiday that the country was founded on.
The United States was founded by a bunch of religious fanatics and crooks -- P. J. O'Rourke

How did he disrespect anyone? There was still an Easter celebration.

If anything refusing to acknowledge the holiday would've been disrespectful to transfolks after he had done so three years in a row

"I believe in trans visibility but not when its inconvenient"

That would go against the underlying purpose of the transday. He also acknowledged Cesar Chavez day, was that offensive to Christians too?
He's already straddling the fence on these things. Trans stuff is controversial at present. National holiday vs not. He should have left it alone imo. Don't care either way what he posts but he won't win trying to please everyone. The white house posts did show Easter bunny etc. But that's it. Not sure what's up with the two Biden personal accounts.

He's already straddling the fence on these things. Trans stuff is controversial at present. National holiday vs not. He should have left it alone imo. Don't care either way what he posts but he won't win trying to please everyone. The white house posts did show Easter bunny etc. But that's it. Not sure what's up with the two Biden personal accounts.
But he already made public statements acknowledging it three years in a row, don't you see how failing to do so after having done so before would undermine the entire point of having acknowledged the transday in the first place? And for what? So bad faith critics maybe don't criticze him? Biden should not be governing according to the whims of his most dishonest critics.

And truth be told with how purposefully offensive and divisive Trump is I find the pearl clutching from the right over the fabricated scandals offensive.

You know how Gotham ended right?
Never watched it. I couldn’t find another google gif with a gun pointed at someone surprisingly enough. A lot of people putting a gun to their own head.

But he already made public statements acknowledging it three years in a row, don't you see how failing to do so after having done so before would undermine the entire point of having acknowledged the transday in the first place? And for what? So bad faith critics maybe don't criticze him? Biden should not be governing according to the whims of his most dishonest critics.

And truth be told with how purposefully offensive and divisive Trump is I find the pearl clutching from the right over the fabricated scandals offensive.
Will see how it plays out but think it works against him.

Will see how it plays out but think it works against him.
Idk that it'll make a huge difference either way, people who support the transday will feel good about it and people who dislike transfolks will be mad about it. If outrage wasn't whipped up about this fake story then his bad faith critics would've found something else to complain about. If anything this makes me more sympathetic to Biden and only confirms why I have to vote for him. Otherwise I might've found the pandering slightly distasteful but the dishonest criticism helps put things in perspective.

Never watched it. I couldn’t find another google gif with a gun pointed at someone surprisingly enough. A lot of people putting a gun to their own head.
It’s really good.

is there a search result limit on sherdog? things only go back 5 pages.

No I won't admit that because there's no reason to think the statement was meant to offend Christians.

The outrage is whipped up by bad faith actors and spread by their gullible audience.
They have a right to be upset, it really doesn’t matter if it was meant to offend or not, you know that right? It’s just like if someone says no offense but….you need to know better

You idiots didn’t know the QFT didn’t mean quite fucking true?

EVEN I KNEW THAT
not-sure-hmm.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back