International Was it a mistake for the US and there allies to withdraw the troops from Afghanistan?

Was it a mistake for the US and there allies to withdraw the troops from Afghanistan?

• Total voters
At least as far as the Liberal media is concerned, I'm actually a little surprised that it hasn't become a total Biden suck off fest, promoting him as the "Peace" President. The tone is a bit softer, obviously, but they're still saying the same shit they were when Trump was trying to get them out of there.

Not even close imo. It was a full scale meltdown when Trump spoke of it. The media has only reported what's happening in the Stan right now. I have seen no bashing of Biden. Except by FOX because they are hypocrites also

I think it was right to get out. I think most of the arguments to stay are a sunk cost fallacy. I think the sensible people who want us to stay admit there isn’t really an endgame to being there. It just provides a base camp for us operations in the Middle East and as long as the casualties are low to none, it makes sense to stay. I just don’t think that’s worth the costs even but it’s something to keep in mind

Nation building is a shit show and never works when it's an outside source doing it. We should have been long gone. In fact should have never stayed after we killed who we needed to kill.

Unless america was planning to occupy the place until Afghan culture changes, i.e. at least 50 years, staying there is a waste of time.

So there now sending troops back to Afghanistan to help evacuate people from there. It looks to me they initially made a mistake and removing troops in the first place. But saying that how long will you occupy a foreign country like that with all the madness that's going on there. You can't just wipe out the whole Taliban, that's virtually impossible. That's if you nuke the country which is not an option.

It's like a lose lose situation really for the US and it's allies. They are damned if they do or damned if they don't. So what should the US government and his allies do in this situation?

Honestly, I have no idea what the answer is, I just know it's absolute, complete utter mess.
Fuck afghanistan. That's all there is to it. They were given a choice and they chose Taliban

Twenty years. Trillions of dollars. Thousand of US troops dead or maimed. And now the best the American government can do is beg the Taliban to hold their fire so they can get their people out of Kabul without it turning into the Fall of Saigon 2.0

New low

1628964415338.png

Last edited:
countries like afghanistan should be divided among ethnic lines
Not even the Afghans want that though, ethnicity in Afghanistan doesn't have the same nationalist undercurrents that it does in other places like Yugoslavia. Here is an interesting video on the matter from an anthropologist who specializes in Afghanistan.

Fuck afghanistan. That's all there is to it. They were given a choice and they chose Taliban

As it should be. The US puppet government is an illegitimate regime not accepted by the vast majority of the native population. They were kept afloat by an invading and occupying force and had no legs to stand on, and soon no heads.

I don't know who the military boss is that made this decision, but what a fucking moron. Yes... we should pull out. NO... we shouldn't do it in Summer during the "Fighting Season", but we should have done it in the Winter when the Taliban is all back in Pakistan and their caves.

Stupid.

How would you like it if France invaded USA and decided they didn't want the Democrats or Republicans in power so they took over the country by force and put a French backed puppet regime in place there? The USA would soon amass the biggest rebel army ever seen in the modern world and no matter how many American people the French killed they would never have peace as long as their country was ran by foreigners. This is why the Taliban get so much support from the Afghani people, they're literally fighting for their sovereignty. American propaganda is used to manipulate people into thinking ''oh they're just terrorists'' so they can justify military action. But who's really the terrorist when America has invaded a country that posed them no threat?

Not even close imo. It was a full scale meltdown when Trump spoke of it. The media has only reported what's happening in the Stan right now. I have seen no bashing of Biden. Except by FOX because they are hypocrites also

I've noticed they have been asking both Biden and Psaki if it was the right decision. I assume the questions will continue during Mondays press briefing.

If Kabul falls faster than expected (3 months, 1 month, three weeks, one week, etc.) Then, they will be pushed.

Also, when a senior member of State is tweeting about the process of removal being poorly executed, then it will cause more dissention within the ranks. It may start becoming more public.

I've noticed they have been asking both Biden and Psaki if it was the right decision. I assume the questions will continue during Mondays press briefing.

If Kabul falls faster than expected (3 months, 1 month, three weeks, one week, etc.) Then, they will be pushed.

Also, when a senior member of State is tweeting about the process of removal being poorly executed, then it will cause more dissention within the ranks. It may start becoming more public.

Anyone who thought withdrawal would go any differently is deluding themselves. People need to accept reality and acknowledge that getting out of Afghanistan means the end of the fake government we set up there.

Their is absolutely nothing our government does that is for the good of anyone other than themselves or the interests they work for.

36iB5lW.gif

Maybe stop invading obscure shitholes

Back