Were you disappointed by Colby's performance?

Was Colby's performance disappointing?

• Yes

Votes: 211 88.3%
  • No

Votes: 28 11.7%

• Total voters
No, but only because I didn't expect much from him.

Yeah, he didn't look good at all. Looked like something was wrong with him. Maybe ring rust, but also maybe he's just getting old. But I hope he comes back and starts racking up wins again. Maybe by the end of 2024 or early 2025 he can earn himself another title shot.

I voted no because I’m glad he’s lost and did so in a way that will hopefully keep him far away from the title probably forever. I figured he would be a little gunshy at first like he was against Usman after his long layoff, but didn’t expect him to never really go for anything.

you can't get going in the 4th and 5th and think you're going to win. dude should have went for it in the first round. not a totally bad loss, he did better than usman, and ended the 5th dominating the round. who knows, at fist i thought there was never a way he could fight for the title again, but now, if he can avoid shavkat, he can get a shot again. who else is there?

It's always funny seeing someone talk a ton of trash and then not back it up in the fight. He looked old, slow and mediocre standing. I've never been impressed with him outside of his cardio and takedowns. I think Shaun Al'Shatti summed up Colby perfect:

"Colby Covington is ultimately someone with zero signature wins, zero wins over currently ranked welterweights, 0-3 in title fights, whose entire reputation was built off two losses, who's on the wrong side of his 30s in a young man's division. It is what it is. #UFC296"

He was gifted yet another title shot and doesn't have the resume to back it up.

you can't get going in the 4th and 5th and think you're going to win. dude should have went for it in the first round. not a totally bad loss, he did better than usman, and ended the 5th dominating the round. who knows, at fist i thought there was never a way he could fight for the title again, but now, if he can avoid shavkat, he can get a shot again. who else is there?
The reason it got competitive in the 4th and 5th is because Leon stopped taking the fight seriously, and started grappling with Colby to prove a point.

Otherwise it would have been more of the same that we got in the first 3 rounds.

Colby was never in this fight.

he won 1 round because Leon, with 4 rounds lead... decided to go for the Triangle to get the finish.

Colby ended up on top and decided to hold position to win 1 round as consolation.

Not sure how people can say they are not disappointed because they expected it.

Colby has never fought like this before.
He didn't fight with his usual tenacity pressure and intensity. He did fucking nothing in there. I do not even want to see him fight again.

I'm extremely disappointed in his shitty ass performance.

It didn't surprise me. Colby not having the entries or footwork to deal w leons attacks on a consistent basis. It was highly enjoyable. Shookology.

I don't consider Colby to be that good. Always thought he was extremely overrated.

And he still managed to disappoint me.

No. To be honest, I thought Colby would get KO’d in this fight for some reason. I was actually impressed he managed to survive 5 rounds. Granted … Edwards was very inactive but I knew Leon had better striking and the grappling would cancel out most likely. I did not expect Colby to survive on that leg, he carries a lot of lower body weight.

It was a weird fight, at the end Colby is on top controlling Leon but way too little too late. I think Colby looked rusty and Leon looked flat. It was still a good tactical fight at this high level. Sucks for those who paid big money for a slug fest or getting a KO. The undercard was really good so it made up for the slow main.

Not at all disappointed or surprised. That's pretty much what I expected. Leon is the bigger, younger, more well rounded fighter. And he has been fighting more regularly than Colby. I don't see how an objective person could have picked Colby for this fight.

If anything, I'm a little disappointed Lean was not more aggressive once it was clear Colby had absolutely nothing for him. And that was clear pretty early.

He made fun of the dude's dead father and Leon still just comes in there and leg kicks his way to victory.

At-least Colby eventually picked up the pace and took it to Leon in the last 2 rounds.

Fuck Leon. Can't wait to see Shavkat strangle his bitch ass.

He made fun of the dude's dead father and Leon still just comes in there and leg kicks his way to victory.

At-least Colby eventually picked up the pace and took it to Leon in the last 2 rounds.

Fuck Leon. Can't wait to see Shavkat strangle his bitch ass.
Your blaming Leon for Colbys shit performance.

His career is on the downswing now and I'll be glad when he's gone. His schtick is not amusing and neither are his fights.

colby's a bum. he should go compete in shark fights. maybe go vaccuum some of donald trump's carpets and clean his toilets or some shit. leon edwards has more of a challenge during his sparring sessions.

Your blaming Leon for Colbys shit performance.
Leon had plenty of opportunity in the first 3 rounds to do some real damage to Colby and he did fuck all.

Colby took a while to shake the ring rust off, but at-least he was pushing the pace and throwing punches in the last 2 rounds while Leon for some reason wanted to show that he could grapple with him.

If a dig at his dead dad can't fire Leon up then nothing will. He's a boring point fighter who no-one cares about.

Leon vs Belal will do less buys than Holm vs De Randamie.

Leon had plenty of opportunity in the first 3 rounds to do some real damage to Colby and he did fuck all.

Colby took a while to shake the ring rust off, but at-least he was pushing the pace and throwing punches in the last 2 rounds while Leon for some reason wanted to show that he could grapple with him.

If a dig at his dead dad can't fire Leon up then nothing will. He's a boring point fighter who no-one cares about.

Leon vs Belal will do less buys than Holm vs De Randamie.

*rolls eyes* found donald trumps boyfriend.

Colbys fight against Belal wont do shit because it wont happen cos the cry baby fuck tard lost. Boo Hoo.

Back