What are you currently playing v4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hollow Knight might be one of the best games Ive ever played. Its one of the few games where it just keeps getting better. City of Tears is damn gorgeous, the aesthetics, the OST, the ambient sounds, the rain. Its damn gorgeous. I love these types of 'Onion' games, where adding new mechanics just completely changes the movement in an environment and how you look at it. Add that with soulslike elements, exploration and you have a masterpiece.

Someone shouldve told me it was this good. The last time I played a game for than 3h in one sitting was TLOU II. I played atleast 4-5h in one sitting, its so engrossing.

You love to see it!

Seriously though i rave to everyone i can about HK but i don't want to push people to play a game that might not be for them. Just take your time and explore as much as your feel like. I played it quite a while after launch and i was blown away.

I also love how Team Cherry were planning to make a dlc where you'd play as a certain character and then announced "sorry guys we were trying to make a dlc but we ended up making a full game".

Damn a lot of praise for a Metroidvania. I will definitely have to start this after I finish LA Noire. I have it in my backlog. I keep seeing how amazing Hollow Knight is on this board but think it's just hyperbole. But now I'm seeing novel type posts on this title and a "Top 5 game of all time" post. This is piquing my interests.

I felt the same way about HK for a long time. I just finished it earlier this year as well. It honestly just didn't seem like my type of game. I thought I was done with games like that. After playing Ori though and really enjoying that I decided to give HK a try and it was even better.

Not going to say it's a top 5 game but it is a very good game and a must play game IMO.

Damn a lot of praise for a Metroidvania. I will definitely have to start this after I finish LA Noire. I have it in my backlog. I keep seeing how amazing Hollow Knight is on this board but think it's just hyperbole. But now I'm seeing novel type posts on this title and a "Top 5 game of all time" post. This is piquing my interests.

Im gonna be honest, wasnt expecting much going in. Played an hour or so, and thought it was pretty good, then another 2 hours disappeared, and I thought this one might actually be great...but then the next day, I put in 6+ hours. Im like 17 hours deep and its been like 4 days lol [Ive been in a gaming slump and me playing for more than hour must mean its special]. It might easily be in my top 5 if the quality is like this through out. I love exploration, and the amount of detail put into the game is Naughty Dog-esque.

The OST, the level design, the bosses, its just a damn masterpiece. Im just so engrossed. Im a big fan of FromSoftware, so Im enjoying the difficult bosses, but theyre really not that difficult if you find right combination of things [not gonna go further so I dont spoil]. The last time I felt this was about a game was BOTW when it came out, and that's easily in my top 3.

This might be one of the games where it just keeps getting better, I dont think Ive played a game like that. Usually the start is amazing, or the end, but everything here is amazing...and keeps getting better.

Im pretty much giving this a 10 after my 17 hours so far. Im gonna put in some more time later.
You love to see it!

Seriously though i rave to everyone i can about HK but i don't want to push people to play a game that might not be for them. Just take your time and explore as much as your feel like. I played it quite a while after launch and i was blown away.

I also love how Team Cherry were planning to make a dlc where you'd play as a certain character and then announced "sorry guys we were trying to make a dlc but we ended up making a full game".
I havent finished the first game [I will] but its gonna be one of the most anticipated games. I heard about the DLC turning into a full game but man I wasnt expecting a GOAT-tier game.

Luckily Im gonna continue Kingdom Come after this, so I wont feel the low following a masterpiece.

The Ascent - Great Cyberpunk twin stick shooter with light RPG elements, definitely best played co-op also.

I played this couch coop last night with a buddy, gorgeous game and tight controls. I wish there were melee weapons for enemies without guns though, but you get a pretty sick melee augment.

So I fired up the Ascent for about 15 minutes before bed last night and got massacred by the first enemies I encountered. This is the first twin stick shooter I’ve ever played so I’m still figuring things out, but I’m going to have a slight learning curve ahead of me for a while. Love the game’s aesthetics so far though.

Hyperglide its not hyperbole the game is hypermazing

I tried The Ascent. These "twin stick shooters" are just not my thing. I'm gonna try Yakuza.

Last edited:
I see you Waldie with the Berserk and Dark Souls reference. Hollow Knight's bloodborne references and inspiration is so charmingly done. GOAT games inspired by GOAT games.

Ive never been good with precision platformer sections in games, but like anything I take so long to do them but some seem impossible. What I love about this game is that you can come back later with a newer power and just easily navigate some challenging platforming sections. The game is as hard as you make it be, even though it is challenging.

Yakuza: Like a Dragon (Chapter 10).

I think I'm going to shove Yakuza: Like a Dragon, in 2nd place on my little list.

The game is the best of the Yakuza series and beyond, although for some odd reason, the pool mini-game isn't in it. I'd have liked to have seen Ichiban do the Cabaret Club mini-games as seen in 0 and 2 as well (it's not just the games themselves, but the clubs added dimensions to the main characters and came with side-quests with excellent characters), but everything else is stellar. It's also gotten a lot of hours out of me so far.

The characters are great, some parts are hilarious, some are hard-hitting and poignant. I prefer the combat in previous games over turn-based, but turn-based makes more sense in Like a Dragon, due to the emphasis on close team bonds. Those bonds are vital for this game, but I prefer to be Kiryu or Majima, fighting up and taking out hordes of mobster bastards.

It's odd, because Like a Dragon is far more polished than 0 gameplay and cutscene wise. It SHOULD be the better game, but I just prefer 0, due to 0 just having more memorable moments, from story, to soundtrack, to characters. That's not to say that Like a Dragon doesn't have this, it does, in spades...but 0 was just iconic in so many areas...

Yakuza: Like a Dragon should be 1st, but my affection for 0 makes it hard for me to put it up there...

It's hard to explain...

Trying to get through God of War. Over the past year I've stopped and restarted it about 4 times.

Going to try and do the FF7 remake as well. Just havent been into gaming that much the past year.

Trying to get through God of War. Over the past year I've stopped and restarted it about 4 times.

Going to try and do the FF7 remake as well. Just havent been into gaming that much the past year.

GOW has been my favorite game of the last decade. It's really hard to beat. Returnal though comes in as a close second. FF7 Remake was fun as well. Need to get back to it when I have time.

Last night i bought The Ascent. After one hour of play i requested then received a refund.

Everything except the gun play is phenomenal.

Last night i bought The Ascent. After one hour of play i requested then received a refund.

Everything except the gun play is phenomenal.

Im willing to give it maybe 3 hours then if I still can’t get the hang of the gameplay I’ll throw in the towel.

Hyperglide its not hyperbole the game is hypermazing
3KH.gif

Been playing Days Gone on PC. It's pretty fun and looks great. Lots of annoying "cinematic console game" quirks here and there but nothing frustrating.

Got the Mass Effect collection. On 3 now. Can't believe I've been missing out this long

Whatever you do, do not skip out on the Citadel DLC if you enjoy any of the characters.

Started playing Fallout 76: Steel Reign / Steel Dawn content. I't amazing how much this game has improved but even more amazing how buggy it still is.

Got the Mass Effect collection. On 3 now. Can't believe I've been missing out this long

Even tho I've played the games before, playing the the whole ME:LE in around 6 weeks was one of the best gaming experiences I've ever had.

Im willing to give it maybe 3 hours then if I still can’t get the hang of the gameplay I’ll throw in the towel.
As someone that’s finished it. It gets much better after a few hours. I loved it and the gunplay. I recommend trying all the different augments and guns.. even if you found a combo you already like. Lots of different play styles.

Ive been finding it tough to enjoy games for the past 2 or so years, but man when I find a gem, I love to gush about it. Hollow Knight has been on my radar for so long, and I wasnt expecting much but its so addictive. Spent an hour and a half just exploring, trying to map things out, and enjoying the aesthetics of the game. I would love a more clean, and sharper look to the art but its stunning, and has masterful aesthetic.

Finding exploits for enemies etc are fun and I love the mechanics. Its also very easy to get lost and forget past areas, a more distinctive palette between areas wouldve been nice, but Im loving it so far. I think this might be a game that brings the spark back.
After seeing you talking about Hollow Knight. I downloaded it again, having not finished it for some reason. Now I’ve almost 100% it besides the God Mater trials.. doing White Palace right now and about to pull my hair out. Love this game though. Can’t wait for Silksong.

Also check out some of the speed runners vids on YouTube. It will blow your mind at how ridiculous they play.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back