What are you playing now? v2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I became a controller surgeon and disassembled my busted ass controller. Not too hard if you have the right tools. Luckily, I had a T8 security screwdriver in my collection(lord knows why), and took that fucker apart no problem. Now it was time to fuck around with my drifting analog stick. Blew it out with C2...nothing. Swabbed it with alcohol...nothing. Removed that cheap piece of plastic on the side of the stick that is supposed to be a major cause of the issue...nothing. Analog stick is officially fucked. Ventured into the contamination zone that is Walmart, bought a new controller. Problem solved.

Walmart > Armchair electrician.

And now it feels like I have a brand new console, with games that won't be effected by analog drift. Think I'm gonna give RDR2 another run.

This really isn't the Saints Row game that needs a remaster, but fuck it I'm looking forward to another playthrough with a fresh coat of paint!

This really isn't the Saints Row game that needs a remaster, but fuck it I'm looking forward to another playthrough with a fresh coat of paint!

Man, Saints Row 3 is my favourite of the series so I'll be all over this shit. But I agree SR2 needed this way more

This really isn't the Saints Row game that needs a remaster

Disagree. I think SR3 is the absolute best the series has to offer. It's the series' sweet spot. SR2 was still struggling to embrace it's overall tongue in cheek tone, and SR4 went way too far in it's self awareness. SR3 just nailed it.

Disagree. I think SR3 is the absolute best the series has to offer. It's the series' sweet spot. SR2 was still struggling to embrace it's overall tongue in cheek tone, and SR4 went way too far in it's self awareness. SR3 just nailed it.
I slightly prefer SR2 to SRTT, but regardless what I meant is that graphically the first two games are rougher around the edges and could use a fresh coat of paint a lot more than SRTT.

I do agree that in terms of tone that they really nailed it in the 3rd game and somewhat jumped the shark in SR4.

I slightly prefer SR2 to SRTT, but regardless what I meant is that graphically the first two games are rougher around the edges and could use a fresh coat of paint a lot more than SRTT.

Yeah, but he thing is the better game is gonna get it, and not necessarily the older game that has more cracks within the gameplay. I mean, the original Saints Row looks like shit today, but it also doesn't play as well either. If they wanted to completely remake it, and not just throw a fresh coat of paint on it, than sure. Those would be the ones to do. But a simple remaster? SR3 is their best bet.

Yeah, but he thing is the better game is gonna get it, and not necessarily the older game that has more cracks within the gameplay. I mean, the original Saints Row looks like shit today, but it also doesn't play as well either. If they wanted to completely remake it, and not just throw a fresh coat of paint on it, than sure. Those would be the ones to do. But a simple remaster? SR3 is their best bet.
Well, THQ-Nordic does love their remasters and the devs at Volition just found the source code for SR2 a year or so ago, so I could see that getting a remaster down the road.

I do agree that the original doesn't stack up well to the next two in the series in terms of gameplay and would probably be better off being completely remade. I guess we will see what direction SR5 goes

The Surge 2

Welp, I think I hit my limit with this one. Too much cheese. The turrets everywhere on any given confrontation is a bit much. Yes, it is possible to power through, but at what cost to your own sanity? This is nowhere near the "tough as nails, but fair enough" balancing act the Souls series offers. This is cheese for cheese's sake. Not to mention the the levels are confusing, and unrewarding.

"You've made it this far, but you don't have some "lifter" tool to operate some lift to get you where you want to go. Where is it you ask? Who knows? It's mysterious. Go back to 'Fuck Your Ass' alley, and see if you can randomly find it, in between dying 1000 times."[/I]

Meh, get fucked, game. Done with you.

What is a good single player game on Xbox one?

I have Doom 2016
Doom Eternal
Diablo 3 Reaper of Souls

Just started heavy rain. I remember loads of people praising it when it came out so thought I’d give it a go

FYI if you want a super easy 1000-3000 Points here is how I did it.

Oh damn... How did I miss this. I usually stay on top of maka's uploads
You don't even have to play the game lol..

Well, THQ-Nordic does love their remasters and the devs at Volition just found the source code for SR2 a year or so ago, so I could see that getting a remaster down the road.

I do agree that the original doesn't stack up well to the next two in the series in terms of gameplay and would probably be better off being completely remade. I guess we will see what direction SR5 goes
2 of the Volition staff are working on a SR2 update/remaster for PC so its not being left completely in the dust though, the rest of the staff probably think they will make more money developing a proper SR3 remaster instead.
https://steamcommunity.com/app/9480/discussions/0/1750142699271039121/

Maybe I'm still in the "early phase," but I can't seem to really get into Skyrim. Especially compared to the Fallout games. Maybe now's the perfect time to jump back in TW3?

Also, it's a pain trying to kill people with the bow when you're still a, low leve .

I'm glad I finally get the chance to play it since I never did last gen. Still, I wish they would have chosen SR2.

Maybe I'm still in the "early phase," but I can't seem to really get into Skyrim. Especially compared to the Fallout games. Maybe now's the perfect time to jump back in TW3?

Also, it's a pain trying to kill people with the bow when you're still a, low leve .

It's doesn't take long to start loving the bow bro. Just throw some early perk points into archery and then work towards the sneak perk where bow sneak attacks do 3 x damage. You'll also quickly get a decent bow and better arrows (Pickpocketing guards for Steel Arrows is a nice way to raise your damage along with your levels). Archery is by far the most satisfying thing about Skyrim IMO. Stealth Archer as a class is so OP it's beautiful

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back