Crime What did the cops do wrong today. Vol. 2

The title of the article is:
"Texas Man Sues Police Officers Who Pepper-Sprayed Him for Recording Arrest:
The very first sentence in the link you provided says:
"A North Texas man is suing two police officers who arrested and pepper-sprayed him while he was recording the arrest of his son."

And later it says:
"Officers Ankit Tomer and Blake Shimanek are named in the suit. Shimanek was the officer arresting Dylan Puente and ordered
Tomer to arrest the older Puente."
https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/texas-man-sues-police-officers-181521688.html
Yeah but I wonder if that will actually stick. If the cop was fired, then he can sue them, but I don't know if you can sue individual police officers? Does the Union or City assume the role of the defendant for a cop being sued ? I don't know , so I ask.

Edit , just saw your last post. Ok I guess it is viable then.

I don't think cops can be sued? Need a lawyer to chime in
The problem is the Union. LEOs should not be allowed to have Unions, cause it is hard enough holding them accountable as it is.

Oof... Unions; more like associations, can only protect so far and are there to protect against overzealous prosecutors or uninformed smooth heads that think they know the law. You have cretins suing over police using deadly force against deadly force ffs

Ha... Ol' MicroDope fails again.
Look at your pathetic self following me around , trying to score points, while totally ignoring the subject of the thread.

I have gotten to you ! You will deny it, but the fact you are jumped into this thread just to criticise me proves it.

Police officers have qualified immunity. They'll likely get a settlement from the city.
Yeah that (Qualified Immunity) is what I also thinking of , which is why I was wondering if a civilian can sue individual officers.

Look at your pathetic self following me around , trying to score points, while totally ignoring the subject of the thread.

I have gotten to you ! You will deny it, but the fact you are jumped into this thread just to criticise me proves it.

Oof... Correcting your stupidity should come with a thank you ! And you said you're done responding to me, so... Make up your mind geek.

Oof... Correcting your stupidity should come with a thank you ! And you said you're done responding to me, so... Make up your mind geek.
I am done in the other thread.

A guy who uses words like "geek" and a play on my username to attempt to insult me is immature.

Cops didn't have any choice but to arrest this fucking gangster, cause after that almost deadly wide right turn, he had the nerve to roll up his window.

Clearly the perp was hiding a dead body and a weapons cache in there....

I am done in the other thread.

A guy who uses words like "geek" and a play on my username to attempt to insult me is immature.

Like your constant use of aLt RiGhT or rAcIsM ? Physician heal thyself.

Police officers have qualified immunity. They'll likely get a settlement from the city.

As long as they don't violate the victim’s constitutional rights, in which this case it looks like they did.

Well over a million interactions a day... Bound to happen unfortunately. Any dinner or lunch specials, KONG ?

That’s like saying “millions of flights a year so it’s okay a few of the pilots were drunk.”

it’s okay that the police arrested a man who wasn’t breaking any laws.

That’s like saying “millions of flights a year so it’s okay a few of the pilots were drunk.”

it’s okay that the police arrested a man who wasn’t breaking any laws.

What was your reading comprehension score, KONG ? I said it's bound to happen unfortunately not that it's ok or they shouldn't suffer consequences. Read slower next time.

Back