Crime What did the cops do wrong today. Vol. 2

I didn't though. The son was not arrested for making a wide right turn. He was pulled over for making a wide right turn. He was detained because he rolled his window back up as the cop was approaching. Why do you misrepresent what actually happened?

So what if he rolls up the window, that doesn't really mean anything. Cop doesn't say he is being arrested for rolling up the window.

He was blocking traffic, momentarily or not. Again, I think it was too aggressive on the officer's part. If he was going to arrest the father, he should have done it right away.

He saw his son on the road, ofcourse he is going to stop, that is no big deal. He didn't leave the vehicle there, he did move it.

Dad blocked traffic "momentarily" which could have been let go but he chooses to not earn himself any favors by getting out and video taping them.

He has every right to videotape the situation. Recording the cops is good. Some of them, like this cop don't like there being evidence of what they do. Why are you being sympathetic to the cop here, cause recording a stop should not be considered a bad thing.

Yeah, that's called resisting arrest.
Resisting arrest for what? What was the charge? Are you ok with cops just trumping up charges?

We got their edit of the body cam footage. Like I said. I'm not defending this cop as much as you think, as I've already said he was too aggressive. Rather, I'm pointing out your purposeful misrepresentation of the situation to paint police officers in a bad light.

Well, civilians do not have arresting powers, do they? That's a terrible comparison.
No misrepresentation here, the cop was being a bully, what we see from the video is a compliant son and a dad just exercising his right to record. After seeing the video and the apology from the Chief you are still trying to garner some understanding for the cop. This is just a very blatant abuse of police powers; pretty dam clear cut case here. You are just coming off as being biased and being soft on police abuse.

Yeah that (Qualified Immunity) is what I also thinking of , which is why I was wondering if a civilian can sue individual officers.
Theoretically, one can try. In practice, qualified immunity applies in almost all cases. Typically, what happens is that they end up settling with the city and the officer and officer unions don't pay a dime.

I didn't though. The son was not arrested for making a wide right turn. He was pulled over for making a wide right turn. He was detained because he rolled his window back up as the cop was approaching. Why do you misrepresent what actually happened?
He wasn't blocking, he was momentarily on the road and when the cops said he needs to pull over and park or get arrested he complied. He moved his truck , parked it and then was standing on the pavement. The dirty cop was just mad he was recording.[/QUOTE]

He was blocking traffic, momentarily or not. Again, I think it was too aggressive on the officer's part. If he was going to arrest the father, he should have done it right away.

Dad blocked traffic "momentarily" which could have been let go but he chooses to not earn himself any favors by getting out and video taping them.

Yeah, that's called resisting arrest.

We got their edit of the body cam footage. Like I said. I'm not defending this cop as much as you think, as I've already said he was too aggressive. Rather, I'm pointing out your purposeful misrepresentation of the situation to paint police officers in a bad light.

Well, civilians do not have arresting powers, do they? That's a terrible comparison.[/QUOTE]

Kid's a purposely disingenuous dope. Why would you entertain him ? Police fuck up plenty. Sometimes it's malicious but far more often it's not. Sadly, gimps like him will make the job completely impossible to do and you'll see more police just not doing any self initiated work or putting much effort into the job at all for fear of losing their livelihoods because unstable loons like Micro will ALWAYS jump to : Racism. Brutality. Excessive force. No matter the context / circumstances.

yeah not all cops are good... and its nothing a test or psych can really filter out

Cops should probably stop shooting people for nothing then

These things don't happen in a vacuum, brain child. When a shoot is deemed unjustified, they are fired and often prosecuted. Your post is indicative of a low intellect.

Back