What does Tony gain from fighting Gaethje?

SimpleIncomparableBettong-size_restricted.gif

Kingdom of Heaven was underrated. I especially enjoyed the Director's Cut.

wow... fuck each and every last one of ya'll hypocritical sons of bitches...
If he turned down tony after the official contract talk, THEN literally the same people would have called him a duck

It's a good fight

Does it really worry u that he's a warrior who wants to entertain us and also make money instead of just sitting on the sidelines?

Then stop whining about politics, corruption, and ducking in combat spot. suddenly ur all paranoid business men

Weirdos
I wouldn’t have called him a duck and I stay consistent and don’t vacillate. I just want to see Tony get his shot at the belt. I can’t say that I was upset when I found out the fight wasn’t going to happen on April 18th. Hopefully Tony can fight soon under better circumstances.

Thread is moot now so I don’t see why you had to get mad.

I wouldn’t have called him a duck and I stay consistent and don’t vacillate. I just want to see Tony get his shot at the belt. I can’t say that I was upset when I found out the fight wasn’t going to happen on April 18th. Hopefully Tony can fight soon under better circumstances.

Thread is moot now so I don’t see why you had to get mad.
the "madness" as u called is about the general statement, not this event specifically. Guy avoids a last minute replacement, we get flooded with threads of him being a duck to keep his record safe using dirty politics. On the other hand, if he takes the fight then they'll say he's wasting his time or padding his record and these fake fans become the guy's financial advisor instead of enjoying the sport.

A replacement with a heart of a warrior steps in to save a slot on main card with a good match up where both men agree to fight. I've seen it many times, people still nag, so I'm nagging about the nag. u nag?

the "madness" as u called is about the general statement, not this event specifically. Guy avoids a last minute replacement, we get flooded with threads of him being a duck to keep his record safe using dirty politics. On the other hand, if he takes the fight then they'll say he's wasting his time or padding his record and these fake fans become the guy's financial advisor instead of enjoying the sport.

A replacement with a heart of a warrior steps in to save a slot on main card with a good match up where both men agree to fight. I've seen it many times, people still nag, so I'm nagging about the nag. u nag?
I don’t like fickle fans who change their opinions up constantly either. I’m not one of them though. I appreciate Tony for stepping in, but I want to see him get his deserved shot at the belt and a fight against Gaethje is a risky one to take on short notice.

I don’t like fickle fans who change their opinions up constantly either. I’m not one of them though. I appreciate Tony for stepping in, but I want to see him get his deserved shot at the belt and a fight against Gaethje is a risky one to take on short notice.
Oh boohoo... If Justin beats him then he deserves it more, especially if by finish.
I've seen constant remarks on sherdog how Justin is a bad style match for khabib but wont get the chance to fight him.

Also, Tony didnt step in for anything. Justin is the one that offered himself as a last minute replacement.

If we as fans should even remotely consider protecting fighters from other certain fighters on their way to the championship, then fuck that belt and what it stands for...
If fans really feel that way then I prefer the sport gets rid of titles and just have fights. Though I dont even think that'll fix it completely.

Anyway, hope this corona shit goes away soon. bad enough i get to see fighers compete twice a year, but i only follow fight sports lol

Oh boohoo... If Justin beats him then he deserves it more, especially if by finish.
I've seen constant remarks on sherdog how Justin is a bad style match for khabib but wont get the chance to fight him.

Also, Tony didnt step in for anything. Justin is the one that offered himself as a last minute replacement.

If we as fans should even remotely consider protecting fighters from other certain fighters on their way to the championship, then fuck that belt and what it stands for...
If fans really feel that way then I prefer the sport gets rid of titles and just have fights. Though I dont even think that'll fix it completely.

Anyway, hope this corona shit goes away soon. bad enough i get to see fighers compete twice a year, but i only follow fight sports lol
Styles make fights and you don’t just discount a 12 fight win streak because somebody else who probably couldn’t win that many fights in a row beats him.

I think Gaethje is one of the toughest fights for Khabib but if he fights Conor and gets past him he will get his shot.

I never implied Tony stepped in; I implied that Tony is taking the fight against Gaethje (completely different fighter to Khabib) on short notice.

It’s not about protecting Tony. He just doesn’t have to take the fight as he is the most deserving challenger in UFC history. He can take the fight in the future but why should he be forced to risk his title shot and everything he’s worked for when he doesn’t have to. He has nothing to prove. If he chooses to fight Gaethje for a happy meal belt then power to him, but it’s a big risk.

I hope MMA is back soon but I can cope for a while longer.

The only thing Tony gains is a name on his resume and a pay cheque. I’m sure it will be a great fight but Ferguson just has to be fighting for the real belt. Instead he’s fighting for a belt that’s been treated as a happy meal belt and doesn’t even guarantee you a shot at the official belt. He is already the most legitimate title challenger in UFC history and he doesn’t need to fight Gaethje at all.

By fighting Gaethje he stays active but that’s it and it’s not worth it. He’s going to get damaged win or lose and will most likely lose a piece of himself in this, while not even fighting for the title. I hope it gets cancelled and we see the Khabib fight later this year. Don’t let this be a GSP vs Anderson situation.

it not a anderson vs gsp situation this fight been signed 5 times when gsp was why the anderson fight never happened in the first place.

it not a anderson vs gsp situation this fight been signed 5 times when gsp was why the anderson fight never happened in the first place.
No, but we all wanted to see Anderson vs GSP and we were wishing to see it for quite a long time. We all want to see Tony fight Khabib and it’s one of the best matchups in UFC history but it might never happen.

No, but we all wanted to see Anderson vs GSP and we were wishing to see it for quite a long time. We all want to see Tony fight Khabib and it’s one of the best matchups in UFC history but it might never happen.

the problem is gsp was never signing to fight anderson. khabib vs tony been signed 5 times and there been a whole lot of bad luck with this match up making it to fight night.

sure the world wanted to see gsp vs anderson but there was only 1 person who didnt wan to see it an it was gsp himself.

Styles make fights and you don’t just discount a 12 fight win streak because somebody else who probably couldn’t win that many fights in a row beats him.

I think Gaethje is one of the toughest fights for Khabib but if he fights Conor and gets past him he will get his shot.

I never implied Tony stepped in; I implied that Tony is taking the fight against Gaethje (completely different fighter to Khabib) on short notice.

It’s not about protecting Tony. He just doesn’t have to take the fight as he is the most deserving challenger in UFC history. He can take the fight in the future but why should he be forced to risk his title shot and everything he’s worked for when he doesn’t have to. He has nothing to prove. If he chooses to fight Gaethje for a happy meal belt then power to him, but it’s a big risk.

I hope MMA is back soon but I can cope for a while longer.
None of that matters. Nick received a title shot against The WW consensus goat and top 3 p4p goat after a loss.
Rankings and streaks never mattered, Holloway needed 11 fights before unifying with Aldo. Jacare sat on a 7 fight win streK and still lost it. Cause most people didnt care. Best thing for ur career in combat sports is ur negotiation manager and marketing team

what I’m saying is, tony-khabib is too big to pass. If it wasnt so jinxed, would have said its inevitable.

None of that matters. Nick received a title shot against The WW consensus goat and top 3 p4p goat after a loss.
Rankings and streaks never mattered, Holloway needed 11 fights before unifying with Aldo. Jacare sat on a 7 fight win streK and still lost it. Cause most people didnt care. Best thing for ur career in combat sports is ur negotiation manager and marketing team

what I’m saying is, tony-khabib is too big to pass. If it wasnt so jinxed, would have said its inevitable.
Winning streaks seem to have more/less validity depending on who the fighter is and how much the UFC want to see that fighter succeed.

I agree that a good manager and marketing are now a big part of the sport.

The intrim belt again. He will get PPV share fighting Khabib. If he didn't take the match he only gets a flat purse from the Khabib fight.

we may never know now that its canceled, but for Tony to fight for anything less than the real belt would have took a huge amount of money. The offer had to be 7 figures for him to accept a fight where he has nothing to gain at all. He has refused short notice fights before due to lack of what he wants to be paid.

we may never know now that its canceled, but for Tony to fight for anything less than the real belt would have took a huge amount of money. The offer had to be 7 figures for him to accept a fight where he has nothing to gain at all. He has refused short notice fights before due to lack of what he wants to be paid.
Yeah and Gaethje is a much more dangerous fighter than Holloway at 155

Yeah and Gaethje is a much more dangerous fighter than Holloway at 155
For sure. Max can't take the power of 155. Dustin hurt him with it the whole fight. His style works well at 45, because he can take the punches to land his own and walk thru them.

Was it worth it in the end? It went the worst possible way for Tony. He lost more than a piece of himself and all his work over the past 5-6 years culminated in him getting whooped in an empty arena with an interim title on the line.

I’m grateful for fighters like him but this makes me sad. Tony may have needed the money but who knows. Is the paycheque worth it now? I know it’s hindsight, but this is what a few of us feared would happen and it did. Unless he was desperate for cash I don’t think it was. Tony seemed like he just wanted to compete but this didn’t work out. Tony and Khabib are attached and that fight needed to happen for the belt, regardless of how it would have ended. Fate didn’t want it to happen unfortunately. If he didn’t wear his damn sunglasses indoors the fight with Khabib would have happened.

Combat sports are brutal and unforgiving. Tony Ferguson never fought for a title and most likely never will, despite being the most deserving contender of all time. He never got the fight that he and everybody else wanted to see.

Back