What fight that left you so shocked that couldn’t get over it

Yeah... not how I thought that would go down.
I felt like it was gonna be much more competitive, but like you said that double weight cut was dumb.

I don't think that's why he got fucked up, but it certainly didn't help sir.

Silva vs Weidman I .....Silva is my all time favorite fighter. I hate how he was clowning around and got KO'd

Mir/Nog 2 was wild.

At first the bar went nuts at such a comeback by Mir, and especially to win by submission over Nog and become the first to tap him (as well having previously been the first to KO him).

But I can still distinctly hear the collective roar of disgust by the Buffalo Wild Wings crowd when the slow mo replay showed Mir actually snapped Nog's arm and everybody suddenly realized it wasn't just a normal sub.

I felt like it was gonna be much more competitive, but like you said that double weight cut was dumb.

I don't think that's why he got fucked up, but it certainly didn't help sir.
I don't drink a whole lot but I was tattered that night and when Tony dropped Justin in the 2nd round I was cheering so loud before my cousin told me the round was over with lol. I remember thinking Tony's got it in the 3rd but Justin made the right adjustments and continued with the ass whooping.

I don't drink a whole lot but I was tattered that night and when Tony dropped Justin in the 2nd round I was cheering so loud before my cousin told me the round was over with lol. I remember thinking Tony's got it in the 3rd but Justin made the right adjustments and continued with the ass whooping.
Trevor kept Justin in his lane and really honed him in.
That uppercut that nearly took Justins head off was something.

I thought the same thing you did though.
I thought the third was going to be where Tony turned it around...sadly no though.

Wanderlei beating Sakuraba the first time , not so much that he beat him , but the way he just ran him over was difficult for me to accept.

Fedor vs Werdum. I was at the event and the entire arena went silent when Fedor tapped. The ride home was silence as well. Depressed for like a week lol

CC vs Gonzaga was a jaw dropper as well.

As for recent fights, seeing Charles get tapped by Islam was a shocker because of the pre fight build up.

I think I saw Robbie Lawler vs. Rory MacDonald for the title when I was tripping on LSD - that was incredible. And then next up Conor McGregor vs. Chad Mendes and they had the live performances to introduce them - wow that whole card was amazing.

The most I've ever been blown away from a sporting event would have to be Rafael Nadal vs. Novak Djokovic for the Australian Open 2012. Then Ravens/Broncos 2013 playoffs. Then Ravens/Browns on MNF a couple years ago, 2020... Lamar was out for like an hour and a half and then comes back on the field to play with 2 minutes left and it's 4th down and he completes a pass to 'Hollywood' Brown for the TOUCHDOWN! To save our season and playoff hopes. I was only on 100ug LSD but it was incredible. That was amazing.

Shogun/Jones still hurts to this day. CroCop/Randleman isn't quite as bad but it was shocking when it happened.
I was never on LSD, watching bangers on it sounds great

I was never on LSD, watching bangers on it sounds great
That Ravens game with Lamar coming back in on 100micrograms? This sounds dumb because it's just a regular season game, but it was seriously one of the most enjoyable experiences of my life. I got so into it, it was really great. I was blown up for like 16 hours afterward, like whoa.

I think what really fucked Tony up was cutting weight twice. Being on the wrong side of 30 and taking the fight on short notice wasn't doing him any favors. Gaetjhe thumped on him like he owed him money.
Yeah, and Gaethje had also made improvements since his losses to Alvarez and Poirier. That's another reason why I said 2016, or some time around then. The early Gaethje either didn't have the conditioning or pace to survive 5-round wars with top fighters who were as tough as he was. But he became more technical and measured by the time he fought Tony.

I see a younger Tony and more reckless Gaethje being a war with Justin having the edge until around Round 3, when he'd go into deep waters and Tony would go into late fight zombie mode where he finished most guys.

Oliveira vs Makhachev had me straight up depressed for awhile.

Jones vs Reyes had me wanting to curse out the judges.

Oliveira beating Poirier had me on cloud 9 for like a month

What were some of yours?
Don Frye Vs. Takayama....still the best fight ever

Still haven't gotten over Gonazaga/ Crocop I.

I was in a house full of drunk dudes talking big shit about Cro Cop, when he got floored I never saw so many drunk depressed people in my life. One guy literally threw up after it happens. I mean, I think it was just good timing, but man was it funny

Back