What fighter is retired now that you didn't appreciate as much but now you wish they were back?

Definitely Keith Jardine. Such an unorthodox style but it certainly gave him wins despite having a chin being made of glass. I wonder how a style like that would do in today's 205 division?
Yeah he'd get chinned and go on a bad losing streak today for sure.

Def did not appreciate Joanna. Thought she became more boring as her defenses racked up and her personality was trash.

She was fairly active as a champion though and very consistent overall with no bullshit. The SW division would need that today.

Loved that guy and I certainly miss his fights. Bring his name up anytime I can on Sherdog. He was lighting in a bottle.

He seemed to enjoy unleashing on people. A bigger Robbie with a shorter fuse.

Goldie. I thought hed always be there and suddenly he wasnt. And now we have had Anik exclusively for past 7 years for the bigger shows.

Bisping was great ( honestly this is unbiased lol but I can appreciate how it would seem that way)
It was great to be a fan. He always brought it but was vulnerable. The excitement was in him being counted out and then winning and knowing every fight he could win or get clipped and hurt

Last edited:
Conor McGregor.
Yeah it was sorta like the hardcore had to not love Conor because he was kinda like that Bieber Fever kid you know all that hype

But Conor was a murderer a few years back. He had a hell of a path of destruction kinda Silva-esque just not as long

Anderson Silva. I wasn't a diehard hater of his or anything, but I spent most of his prime cheering against him, most of the time. We never see that kind of beautiful violence anymore. He was like a poet, of violence.

this . me too. I was cheering against him, but I liked a lot his style, an artist

Bisping was great ( honestly this is unbiased lol but I can appreciate how it would seem that way)
It was great to be a fan. He always brought it and but was vulnerable. The excitement was in him being counted and then winning and knowing every fight he could win or get clipped and hurt

I grew to like him, but I remember on TUF wanting Hendo to knock him out. Couldn't stand him back then and I am English. But the guy is a warrior and was always exciting to watch. We got to see him mature outside of the octagon too. He has to be one of the more popular fighters in recent years. Seems loyal to his wife and probably a good father too.

He retired early enough and has set himself up to not need to come back for a pay check. He also gave us one more GSP appearance.

<28>

And don't forget the memes.

Guy Mezger
David Louiseu
Chris Leben
Josh Thompson
Renato Sobral

Back